**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic Four Introduction

SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
SPOILERS FOR THIS MONTH"S CUT SCENE :

There has been quite a bit of speculation about the fantastic four recently and while I thought most of it so far was just overreaching or reading too much into things the end of this month's cutscene gives us some pretty concrete evidence the F4 will be coming soon maybe even next month. So for those who have done a completion or don't care for spoilers the big easter egg of sorts is a black screen at the end that says "Next , This Man This Monster". For those of you unfamiliar with the comics that's the title of a Fantastic Four story and on top of that, the cut scene confirms the existence of the Skrulls. The "This man this monster" story basically has the thing replaced by an imposter and things seemed to line up so perfectly for a Skrull story line where they introduce the thing and skrull imposters.

The main hold up and the reason many people including myself were so skeptical for the F4's introduction earlier was that disney and marvel notoriously avoided F4 media and products because of rights issues but articles now are saying the fox disney deal may close as earlier as the end of the year or early next year so now the rights issue may now not be a hindrance to their introduction.

Idk, it's all still speculation at this point but there have been too many "hints" lately for it to be just a coincidence

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I think Dr. Doom is also very likely to come next month, looked into him and he's apart of the Cabal
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    also ties in with danvers new movie cap marvel
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Nothing should be preventing them from including the F4. This game is a marvel game. Not a marvel studios game, not a Disney game. Not a fox game. To my understanding, it encompasses the marvel universe into the kabam marvel universe (for the rights of their own designs).

I'll gladly be corrected if I'm wrong. Just how I understand it is all.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Nothing should be preventing them from including the F4. This game is a marvel game. Not a marvel studios game, not a Disney game. Not a fox game. To my understanding, it encompasses the marvel universe into the kabam marvel universe (for the rights of their own designs).

I'll gladly be corrected if I'm wrong. Just how I understand it is all.

Yeah, but the thing is, Isaac "Ike" Pearlmutter, the CEO of Marvel hated the fact that Fox had the movie rights to the X-Men and the F4 and a lot of the X-Men merchandising rights. He tried to negotiate a deal with them (or so I've read) just before the disastrous last Fantastic 4 movie was made. Fox wouldn't play ball, so - reportedly - Ike got super-mad and told Marvel comics division to can the F4 comic cuz it was selling weakly (unlike the X-Men which consistently sell well), to remove the F4 from Marvel's office walls where posters of characters are, and to stop licensing F4 action figures and using the F4 in other areas. The only Marvel games of the last 10 years to use the F4 are Marvel Avengers Alliance on Facebook, which predated the row, and Marvel Puzzle Quest which came out in 2013, likewise before this bruhaha. The Four are not in Contest, Strike Force, Future Fight or Avengers Academy, nor were they in Avengers Alliance 2 before that was shut down, nor the two Lego Marvel Super Heroes games. X-Men characters are in CoC, LMSH and Future Fight, but in Future Fight's case they've only been added in the last year.

Marvel has often denied any such ban existing, but the evidence speaks for itself. The ban was said to have been lifted thanks to the impending Fox/Disney merger, but a few F4 action figures did appear before all of that business started.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    Night thrasher on the last cutscenes sees a glowing blue sillhouette... I hoped that it would be a direct reference to the thing and his unique posture, but the glowing man seems more like hyperion to me... Maybe doctor doom emerging from that singularity?
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    Mr Fantastic is in the lego marvel super heroes game
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    And?
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    SPOILERS FOR THIS MONTH"S CUT SCENE :

There has been quite a bit of speculation about the fantastic four recently and while I thought most of it so far was just overreaching or reading too much into things the end of this month's cutscene gives us some pretty concrete evidence the F4 will be coming soon maybe even next month. So for those who have done a completion or don't care for spoilers the big easter egg of sorts is a black screen at the end that says "Next , This Man This Monster". For those of you unfamiliar with the comics that's the title of a Fantastic Four story and on top of that, the cut scene confirms the existence of the Skrulls. The "This man this monster" story basically has the thing replaced by an imposter and things seemed to line up so perfectly for a Skrull story line where they introduce the thing and skrull imposters.

The main hold up and the reason many people including myself were so skeptical for the F4's introduction earlier was that disney and marvel notoriously avoided F4 media and products because of rights issues but articles now are saying the fox disney deal may close as earlier as the end of the year or early next year so now the rights issue may now not be a hindrance to their introduction.

Idk, it's all still speculation at this point but there have been too many "hints" lately for it to be just a coincidence

Remember when a whole chapter was called “Antivenom” in October’s EQ? And we still haven’t gotten Antivenom? Yeah. It’s just a title. No F4.
  • Asto03Asto03 Posts: 36
    Skrulls have been confirmed so at minimum I’d say they are going to play a role in next months event quest. Hoping for F4 though.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I suspect the Skrulls are coming next month before being a BFD for the Captain Marvel event in March.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Hoping for super skrull - saw how symbiod shape shifted in the video and hooed it was him.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    MrBanks wrote: »

Remember when a whole chapter was called “Antivenom” in October’s EQ? And we still haven’t gotten Antivenom? Yeah. It’s just a title. No F4.

Maybe, it's a bit different this time around since they specifically say "This man this monster" is coming next and didn't just name a single chapter that and basically confirmed the skrulls on top of what seems like additional winks and nods. I think there is more evidence this time around to say it's likely the F4 will be introduced than there was with antivenom. Antivenom was the name of a chapter this is the name or theme of the entire event. If the event was called antivenom or they said coming next antivenom as they did with the F4 easter eggs and they didn't introduce him it would be strange but it was literally just one chapter.
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    I'm thinking it may be silver surfer, which will tie in with galactus. That will open up the storyline to include the fantastic four.