**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Willpower Mastery

Is it worth unlocking? I’ve never had it but it regenerates for every champion who has a debuff effect on them - it sounds good in theory. Anyone who has or is using it - what are your thoughts on the mastery?

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Yes, willpower boosts AW defenders and can prevent KOs in questing and AW attack. 1-2 points is all that's needed.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I personally think willpower is only needed if you run suicides. I wouldn’t want to have 15 points in defense just to unlock something that gives you HP on DoT debuffs. I personally like to focus on attack and get the fight over as quick as possible.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I personally think willpower is only needed if you run suicides. I wouldn’t want to have 15 points in defense just to unlock something that gives you HP on DoT debuffs. I personally like to focus on attack and get the fight over as quick as possible.

I disagree here.

Not having points on defense is risky. You only need to outskill your opponent so much but having more points in defense can really save you from the quirky things we see day in day out. Putting all your eggs in offense really makes it so you have to play a perfect fight every time which is just not possible for a lot of players, even in the end game war tiers.

Will power is definitely a safe move, one point mandatory at all times.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I haven't run willpower since the big nerf of 12.0
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

I disagree here.

Not having points on defense is risky. You only need to outskill your opponent so much but having more points in defense can really save you from the quirky things we see day in day out. Putting all your eggs in offense really makes it so you have to play a perfect fight every time which is just not possible for a lot of players, even in the end game war tiers.

It’s not that I think willpower is a bad mastery. It’s the 15 other points that need to be placed to unlock it. The majority of the game we are hitting them many more times than they hit us. Or at least you should be lol.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

I disagree here.

It’s not that I think willpower is a bad mastery. It’s the 15 other points that need to be placed to unlock it. The majority of the game we are hitting them many more times than they hit us. Or at least you should be lol.

Think you need to have the points in there tho anyway. People don't know the effectiveness of perfect block. Trying mitigate as much block damage is so crucial in high tier wars.

Having points in energy and physical resistance is important also. Especially with the squishy champs people love using like Stark Spiderman gwen pool and even blade really.

I hate seeing people with maxed out deep wounds and assassin's, and points in mystic dispersion. People build their Mastery exactly like a YouTubers instead of building around the champs they have or the skill set they possess.

I encourage you and everyone to check out Bryan Grants Mastery set up from the tour he just posted a day or so ago and it will surprise you as to the logic I'm portraying
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Where are you in game progression? Wp is a great mastery but in late game content the health you gain wont save you from damage over time effects. After 5.2 I found it better to invest in utilities and attack. Also remember wp does not affect robots so if you are running Ultron vision teams you get no benefit
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    I think 1/3 in WP is worth it. I have several good regen champs so already have 1/3 and 3/3 in the healing masteries.
    Also I run inequity and resonate.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I have 2/3 WP, and have for almost 2 years. No suicides. Regen in alliance quest map 5 vs science sentinels alone makes it worth it.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It takes so many points on defense to have it unlocked though. I keep almost dropping it lol. I have one point in willpower and it is useful. Not convinced it's worth the cost if you've never unlocked it and don't plan to run suicides.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I like willpower and recommend unlocking it. One point is enough most of the time. After that its diminishing returns. I tend to run of for aq and aw. I use it to heal up my champs and save on alliance potions (e.g. heavy attack on science sentinel places 2 debuffs on you so you get a tonne of healing). When I did some harder content (e.g. LOL) i took points out of willpower and defence and put them mostly into attack.

Then of course 3/3 is good for suicides. Which at the moment with free mastery changes I tend to run more often.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    My biggest problem with WP is the requirement to have 15 points in defence.
    I have 11 now and really can't see anywhere else I need any more, using another 4 points plus 1 in WP is a massive waste of points in my opinion