**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Darkhawk is really, really hard

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
edited December 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Please send me some tips. I’m trying to beat him on master mode. I always go to the monthly master mode and have been beating the master mode EQs with ease, but darkhawk is really, really, really difficult. Help. I’m not even going to complain about how OP he is because that is a joke on the forums at this point. I just need tips. Thanks

Comments

• MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Check out seatins video. It helps

I did. Didn’t really help for me. It was uncollected, too. And he’s extremely good
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Do you have maxed parry and stupefy?
    Also here’s my team:

5* Cap IW 3/45 (Unduped)
    5* The Hood 2/35 (Unduped)
    4* Stark Spider-Man 4/40 (Unduped)
    4* Wolverine 4/40 (Sig 60)
    4* Symbiote Spider-Man 4/40 (Sig 20)
    Do you have maxed parry and stupefy?

Haven’t maxed stupidly. Don’t have the units. Does that help?
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Basically just pay attention to what mode he's in. After his L2 he will always switch to stealth mode. At this point just parry and ML (2 hits) and that's it.

If you use a special or hit him with a heavy you will force him to switch to his protection mode. At this point he will essentially autoblock all your attacks (and parry you) so only use parry + heavy to push him to his L2 special again or use your L3 which he can't autoblock.

Rinse and repreat and eventually you will get him down. I found a lot of success with hyperion since I could continue to parry + heavy most of the fight and then just launch L3's.

Don't try to dodge his L1. As far as I can tell it's unavoidable so just block it. Always try to push him to his L2.

Start the fight by baiting out his SP2. Then just parry, throw some hits, and back off before your stun wears off.

Medusa makes the fight extremely easy if you have her. Daredevil won't miss when Darkhawk is in his invisibility phase. Honestly, anyone is pretty good for the fight so long as you just bait the first SP2 immediately and play the invisibility phase safe. It's really not a hard fight. It's just long.

Lots of people don't know how to play a fight slow or how to not perform a 5 hit combo all the time. The same strategy doesn't work for every fight.

Thanks man. I’ll try
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Having that maxed let’s you get MLM combo in while he is invisible. Makes it much easier than a MM or LLM
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    Watching the videos really help to understand his mechanics, I did just that, and killed him in master with medusa. So if you have her, just armor shatter and you are good to go. Generally speaking bait sp2, parry and do 3 hits then back out when he's in stealth mode, after that, proceed with defeating him. Personally I baited sp1 to avoid his stealth mode
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    A duped medusa is really powerful you have the armour breaks to go with furies.No wonder briant grant and seatin are so far ahead in this game.
    Psy26 wrote: »
    Watching the videos really help to understand his mechanics, I did just that, and killed him in master with medusa. So if you have her, just armor shatter and you are good to go. Generally speaking bait sp2, parry and do 3 hits then back out when he's in stealth mode, after that, proceed with defeating him. Personally I baited sp1 to avoid his stealth mode

I don’t have Medusa. Any other good counters?
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Use a duped thor
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    MrBanks wrote: »
    Check out seatins video. It helps

I did. Didn’t really help for me. It was uncollected, too. And he’s extremely good

He is very good but the skills in that video were basic bait and parry.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Psy26 wrote: »

I don’t have Medusa. Any other good counters?

Any champ with good block proficiency and decent damage. Play it safe and slow.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Medusa was my mvp for him just armour shatter and hes just an ordinary fight
    Update: got him down. Pretty easy if I don’t get hit while baiting his SP2 in the first few seconds. That was my only real issue. Sometimes he backed me into the wall for 10 seconds but dex saved me. Cap IW definitely the MVP and his sp2 knocked off 30%+ health when he was out of his phases. Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    Update: got him down. Pretty easy if I don’t get hit while baiting his SP2 in the first few seconds. That was my only real issue. Sometimes he backed me into the wall for 10 seconds but dex saved me. Cap IW definitely the MVP and his sp2 knocked off 30%+ health when he was out of his phases. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Good job, now let's repeat that 6 times ;)
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I am doing Master difficulty as well. I just defeated Taskmaster and he was really hard. I don't know if it was the buffet node or his ability to become debuff immune. Can anyone tell me any tips so I can fight him in the future?
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    you got a quake? quake would work fantastically.
    @VulcanM For Taskmaster? I do have one. 4/40 4 star
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    @XxLoganTDCxX nah sorry, i was asking mrbanks about darkhawk. i actually cant beat taskmaster in uc but i can get him down to 50% with star lord. but some tips are, dont rely on debuffs, and practice intercepting. quake actuslly doesnt work well because he gets debuff immune. also, just for future referrence, depending on your roster, you wont regret r5ing quake.
    @VulcanM Ok. Thanks!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I am doing Master difficulty as well. I just defeated Taskmaster and he was really hard. I don't know if it was the buffet node or his ability to become debuff immune. Can anyone tell me any tips so I can fight him in the future?

For Taskmaster it’s basically about intercepting him and learning how to evade his L1. I did it with a 4/40 SW. Just bring a champ that doesn’t rely heavily on debuffs and get decent at intercepting and evading L1.
    Ok. Would GR work? I would just not use the bleed. @V1PER1987
    Ok. Would GR work? I would just not use the bleed. @V1PER1987

He should be ok. Might be a really long fight though. If you’re confident enough in your intercepting skills heavy hitters like SL or SS still work their damage is just capped. Also I have a good suspicion DV would work if you build up enough loas and haven’t debuffed him before you use L1 but I can’t test.
    SL? DV?
    @V1PER1987
    SL? DV?
    @V1PER1987

Sorry. SL is Star Lord, SS is Stark Spidey, and DV is Doctor Voodoo.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Take it slow and fight patiently and the fight becomes easy honestly.