**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Catalyst arena infinite streak formula seems to have changed once again.

phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
5sox19i1ivrm.png

Using the new formula for maintaining an infinite streak in the catalyst clash arena (2x3,30 4*/1,25 5* plus a 4,40 4*/2,35 5*, 10000 team PI minimum) seems to net you a death match now. Would advise to now only use 1 x 3,30 4*/1,25 5*. The other 2 champs must be rated higher or risk being deathmatched.

I'm gonna assume this holds true in the 4 and 5 star featured arena as well.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    That is to love if it wher a rank 2 5 Star it has works. And 2 rank 4.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Use higher ranked higher pi chamos I guess
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    I would never rely on PI of teams imo.

Never use 2 4* 3/30 or 5* 1/25 UNLESS you are using at least one; 4* 5/50 or 5* 3/45

Using the new formula for maintaining an infinite streak in the catalyst clash arena (2x3,30 4*/1,25 5* plus a 4,40 4*/2,35 5*, 10000 team PI minimum) seems to net you a death match now. Would advise to now only use 1 x 3,30 4*/1,25 5*. The other 2 champs must be rated higher or risk being deathmatched.

I'm gonna assume this holds true in the 4 and 5 star featured arena as well.
    [/quote]

you put a 3/30 4* and a 1/25 5*, which is basically the same thing. Should have been 2 4* 4/40 with the 1/25 5*
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 514 ★★★
    Stay above 10.5k in PI or you get the death squad....
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    you put a 3/30 4* and a 1/25 5*, which is basically the same thing. Should have been 2 4* 4/40 with the 1/25 5*

No, it has been 1x4/40 and 2x3/30 or equivalent up till now. I do these arenas and these teams every arena, every milestone.

phil56201 wrote: »

No, it has been 1x4/40 and 2x3/30 or equivalent up till now. I do these arenas and these teams every arena, every milestone.

You saying it like I don't do the arenas also, but ok then. Keep doing your teams and get death matchups. B)
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I still run 1 4/40 and 2 3/30 (or 5* equivalent) but need to run the high PI from either group to not get death matched. I’ll either pull the 4/40 from the top of the list and the 3/30s from near the bottom or pull lowest 4/40 with top 2 3/30s. This leaves me death match free while maximizing the teams i can run though with the least ammount of scrolling. Due to sig levels (most maxed out) ymmv.

Looks like the pic shown is from the bottom of both lists, none of those champs are known for their pi.

You saying it like I don't do the arenas also, but ok then. Keep doing your teams and get death matchups. B)

Totally not the point. Thread was for anyone who has been running these teams. They will no longer work. Obviously I wont be running these teams anymore.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Always use at least 2x r4 4* and/or r2 5* before you use a r3 4* and/or r1 5*.

To do any less is to court death squads.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Two 2/35s or 4/40s or one of each with a 1/25 or 3/30 is safe. One 2/35 or 4/40 is usually safe but not always:

tuo57jndxvde.png
    4rgj42b6f399.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's usually between 10 and 11k. Most times, 10 and over is safe. 11 is best.
    Doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Had this happen in the t1A arena too. I pulled the team in my OP out of habit, and sure enough, a team of 10.7k triggers a death match. Probably has to do with AW season ending and more 5/65's being added into the pool. I don't think Ill go for less than 12k from here on out.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★

Me too, but that will get you a death match now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It also depends on who is in the pool. I've been in the T4CC Arena during low traffic times and hit Kang and Thanos with easy Matches at 8 or 9. There weren't many people playing it. It all depends who is Grinding at that time. If there are more R5s in it, chances are higher you'll hit them.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It also depends on who is in the pool. I've been in the T4CC Arena during low traffic times and hit Kang and Thanos with easy Matches at 8 or 9. There weren't many people playing it. It all depends who is Grinding at that time. If there are more R5s in it, chances are higher you'll hit them.

Really? That's interesting if true but I don't think it matters who is actually playing. You can get matches against teams from inactive accounts. I've fought alliance mates in arena who weren't playing at the time. Could be wrong but I don't think high traffic times has anything to do with it.
  • Kabaam if the PI continues to increase at the current rate most of us Avg players with weak or small rosters will not be able to compete! The current system could be fixed...Arena is tedious as
    Previously mentioned in many many posts...if Arena is your blood line to keeping the game going then so be it.
    Idea:
    Provide 3 to 6 fights each providing their own multiplier based on the difficult the fights...no more need for infinite since it will be up to each Summoner to determine the difficulty of the fight.
    Difficulty can be broken down to PI example: easy the PI is significantly less, norm the PI is with 1000, expert slightly above and So on and so forth
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I keep my teams above 12k (usually a rank 3, 2, 1 5*) and I'm always safe
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal nice brag post 😂

I never rely on pi for arenas. I’ve used an r1 5* duped mordo as a substitute for a lower pi r2 5* and it’s gotten me a death match, where using the r2 with lower pi has prevented it. Seems like actual rank matters more. Plus, pi varies by account with masteries, and can be artificially inflated with synergies.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Happened to me too. I don't mind going back up from match 1 to 5 again though. Takes a couple minutes but not that big a deal. Still get 2mil..