**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Difficulty in Night Riders Quest [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    I had no problem with the other bosses and can evade but not my primary game play. I block off the bat every fight and the proceed from there. I am just tired of constantly having to change my fighting style. Now this one also. Just so frustrated that no matter how good I get at the game they always come out with something that forces me to have to change my style of play
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    Jemster519 wrote: »
    I am a blocker for the most part. That has been taken away from me. So disappointed

I was too, until I figured out that blocking everything isn't going to get you very far. You learn that pretty damn quick.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Everytime a new EQ comes out come these posts... SMH

Kabam is marking them harder and harder, which also means more good champs :smile:
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Oh good, this month's "this EQ is harder and more unfair than every other EQ" thread is right on time. I was starting to get worried.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I am a blocker for the most part. That has been taken away from me. So disappointed

So instead of adapting and learning a new way to play, you whine, have a hissy fit and uninstall the game.

Kabam does cater to certain players, and the above attitude is not one of them. Parry, combo rinse and repeat gets boring. Suck it up and either keep trying so you can get better, or sit out for this month's EQ and do some of the other events that will be coming later this month.
    My biggest issue was having to evade to start the fight. Got knocked out over and over again right off the bat. Got the the point where I got so frustrated (We have all felt that at some point and some have broke their phones lol) that I was shaking like a leaf. Games are supposed to be fun aren't they.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    My biggest issue was having to evade to start the fight. Got knocked out over and over again right off the bat. Got the the point where I got so frustrated (We have all felt that at some point and some have broke their phones lol) that I was shaking like a leaf. Games are supposed to be fun aren't they.

You don't have to evade to start the fight. His L2 doesn't have a projectile. You have to bait his L2, after which you can parry him.
    He is Unblockable at the start so if you don't evade, you will get hit. Was baiting his second but could not get more than 2 hits on him at a time and taking hits after I hit him after 2 hits
  • Jemster519 wrote: »

In general, you're supposed to be having fun playing them. But if you aren't, that isn't always the fault of the game. People who don't like to dribble probably won't like basketball; people who don't like running around probably won't like soccer. But those aren't problems with those games that are supposed to be fixed.

Also, winning is meaningless if there's no chance of losing. Experiencing losing is how we know what it means to win.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Fought him for the first time this morning in Master mode. The biggest frustration I have with him (and with the wider Master difficulty for several months), is that the AI is so passive. You can only bait so much before you're backed into a wall and dead. Needed 4 fights before he finally threw his SP2 and I could actually attack. Same issue with Red Skull and Aspect of War. More than 50% of my timer is wasted just trying to get the AI to use a special. End up with only 15-20 hits before he goes unblockable (not even enough to get an SP2 from Magik or Voodoo).

Honestly only needed 35-40 hits to beat them, but the non-stop and often futile special baiting is what drives me nuts.

Been playing for 2 years and Uncollected for half of that. Almost 100% explored Act 5 as well. Sometimes it's not about skill but sometimes about getting lucky with the AI.
    I have one last message for Kabam. Do not take blocking away from the game. It is the one thing that we can fall back on in a fight when we get caught off guard. Evading takes a lot more skill and not everyone can do it perfect every time as each champs special has a different combinations of hits and timing. Let's us be able to fall back on the one thing that the loading screen says...."Don't forget to block. Blocking significantly reduces incoming damage". The game is programed to teach us this lesson. Why take it away with this new boss?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    This month's event quest boss is way too much to handle. I am an experienced player of 4 years and I am officially hang it up. I can't even beat the Master quest boss this month. Unblockable and you can't hit him consistently plus starts with two bars of power absolutely ridiculous. Thanks so much Kabam for ruining a great game by going way to far in trying to make it challenging. I am so disappointed with the direction you have taken. I can't afford to buy credits so I can't complete content that I have always been able to be in the past. You have forgotten about your fan base by catering to a very small percentage of summoners with the #1 goal of making money. I am so disappointed that I played this game for 4 years to now come to an end by your obvious money grab Kabam. Thanks for nothing. I am going to uninstall my favorite game.

Zero units in full chapter 3 of uncollected done.. sorry it's just not hard

I often find Uncollected slightly easier than Master simply due to the aggressiveness of the AI. Aggressive AI is easier to get into a rhythm against, whereas the passive AI in Master is much more sporatic. Nothing, nothing, nothing, BAM 5-hit combo to the face.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Wow the event quest is [removed]. The last two maps are ridiculously long and they made darkhawk op on uncollected. Starts off with 2 bars of power and is unblockable till he uses a special so good luck baiting that out.

Prolly the easiest UC in a few months.
    I will get my life back as this game takes so much time and energy. I have uninstalled it. Always refused to spend money on it. Also found out that a former employee has already released info that show that the good crystal opening go to the whales (big spenders). Fixed to make us keep chasing to get what we want. He said the number 1 goal is to increase profit but have forgotten about the fan base. Most that say the content is easy have also spent to get to where they are as per the design of the game. Now they are targeting the average players.
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    I thought you quit already....
    Sure did and over time, others will follow.
    Also found out that a former employee has already released info that show that the good crystal opening go to the whales (big spenders).

Fake. And not even a particularly convincing fake.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    hey i m just gonna block! All enemies musy submit to my superior block tactics ...
    Sure did and over time, others will follow.

People quit all the time for a wide variety of reasons, most of the time because they just get bored or discover the game is not their cup of tea. On a game of this size, the churn is probably thousands of players a day. If everyone who has ever logged onto the official forums at least once quit today, it might not be a noticeable blip on monthly active reports.

People will quit because the current monthly content is too difficult for them. But people will also quit because they find it too easy. "Others will follow" is not a threat. It is telling people you can make the sun disappear tonight and reappear tomorrow.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Everyone says just parry the invis phase, but every time i fought him in the 7 master runs, the ai loved to pull the "run up and stand there" stunt, so couldnt parry.

After it was down, he would mostly cooperate.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    I couldn't still do Master or uncollected, I'm still experiencing lag at start of the fight, I dash back and can't avoid being hit and ko'd, and when I avoid it baiting out the sp2 corners me and gets me ko'd again, and if I get past all of that he still glowing purple and game lags messing up with the parry and dodging him often kills me. So I really don't know of he is hard or not, the game won't let me play against him. I did one shot at every boss this month and the last, but against Darkhawk can't play at all.
  • Drooped1 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Also found out that a former employee has already released info that show that the good crystal opening go to the whales (big spenders).

Fake. And not even a particularly convincing fake.

Lol watch cowwhale biggest spender I can think of get dumped on every 2 weeks

That's one interesting datapoint, but one datapoint wouldn't be definitive. But whenever someone tries to pretend to be something they are not on the internet, like a lawyer or a doctor or in this case a game developer, they generally do a horrible job because they just have no idea how to do it. There are lots of tells, but an actual game developer would a) not post on an official forum where they know they will be censored, b) not post in an environment where they express the belief their real identity would be discovered (why be anonymous from us the players but not from your actual former employer, that's just ludicrous), and c) post authenticating information, like someone only a Kabam employee would know but could be independently verified. If I was some insider with the scoop on how Kabam was manipulating crystal odds, it would be very easy for me to write up a post on Reddit that detailed how that system worked, and how its behavior could be detected. I would use the language specific to game development in general and Kabam's localized dialect of it specifically. And that post would still be up there today.

Also, it was a rambling mess. It took me all of ten seconds to red flag it as a disgruntled player playing pretend dev.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    This month's EQ like last month's is broken. The difficulty curve is way too steep.