**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 5.4.6 Ultron Boss

Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
So I am attempting to beat act 5 and I am on this quest now. Who are the best champs for this guy? I heard Medusa and Loki are the best options and I have both, but how should I use them?

Comments

• Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
    edited December 2018
    So I am attempting to beat act 5 and I am on this quest now. Who are the best champs for this guy? I heard Medusa and Loki are the best options and I have both, but how should I use them?
    Personally, I used the Medusa method. What you wanna do is dash back at the start of the fight to see if he has power gain or not on his debuff timer. If he does, then just evade him until it switches to something else. Once it does, parry or intercept him and go to work. Assuming he doesn’t start off with powergain, you should be able to parry and combo him twice. After that, he’ll have enough power to fire his SP1. Dash back to try and bait it. Once you do, by now his evade timer should be recharged. Dash in as if you were to medium attack him, but as soon as he evade dash right back. Rinse and repeat until you hit him with a double medium/SP1 and armour shatter him. Once you do that, simply dash in, MLLL, dash out, and intercept him. Because of his “Aggresive” node, he should run right into your intercept every time. If not, no biggie. Just hit into his block and parry him. Oh, and also, after you get the initial armour shatter up, only fire off SP3’s to keep the armour shatter going. That’s it, goodluck!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I used Loki. Even a 4/40 4* works.

Similar to the above, avoid his Powegain buff, but otherwise attack as normal. Fire off an SP3, then parry-heavy to keep the confusion debuff active. You then steal every buff for the rest of the fight and end up with a turbocharged attacker.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Loki , nebula , medusa, Blade with GR,
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    If you have ST/KM, ST shuts down his node buff, so you can parry as much as you want to.
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    If you have ST/KM, ST shuts down his node buff, so you can parry as much as you want to.

how does ST shut down his node?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »

how does ST shut down his node?

d18ds86rj2pp.jpg
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    What is the node buff?
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    Nebula w/Prox and Blade w/GR worked best for me lol
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    To oppose what @Dexman1349 said, with the Loki method, you actually want the opposite of Medusa. Once you get your S1 through Loki's power gain, you want to parry Ultron when he is on the power gain phase. You steal the power gain by hitting him with S1 and use that to get to S3.

Use S3 to curse Ultron, then just keep parrying him until you get a fury buff off of him. You'll want to do Parry, Heavy, in order to keep the curse active, and don't use specials except for the S3 to replace the curse if it falls off.

Once you have a fury, just keep doing Parry, Heavy, but other attacks will also work.

My Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZoOl19Swgk&feature=youtu.be
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    thanks guys i beat him with both