**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there ever going to be an in between?

I just opened a 5* crystal, my second one. I pulled an OG Iron Man. This game has no in-between. It's either God Tier or trash when it comes to how useful the champ is. There are champs that are counters. Now, OG Iron Man isn't close. He's pretty much a template. He has moves that are identical to every other champ that came out in the beginning. The most simple champs that for the most part haven't been buffed or at least given a purpose besides Arena fodder. Can we get some reworks on older champs? I mean OLD old champs, like the ones that have been here since this game was put on the Play Store. Venom and Carnage were nice, but nothing good came from these older champs so far. I'm not ranting about pulling a 5* OG Iron Man, I'm saying that we need reworks for older champs so the lucky ones with Blade and Corvus aren't the only ones who can truly win at the game.

Comments

• MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    There is an in between, it’s called certain situations. Here are some categories:

1. Attackers
    2. Defenders
    3. Boss Killers (Variant, RoL, LoL, Act 5, etc)
    4. AQ attacker’s
    5. AW attacker’s
    6. Story Questing champions (Pretty much any champ)
    7. EQ attacker’s (Every month people find counters to the hard bosses, it’s nice)
    8. Level Specific categories (Beginners find a lot of use for Loki, sup. Iron man, and Endgame players find uses in Blade, Medusa, Corvus, Magik, etc)
    9. Arena Champs (Also pretty much every champ)
    10. Dungeon champs (Varies)

You can find uses for OG Iron Man in many of those categories listed above. The only champs I would classify as “trash” (Lengthy fights) are:

Kamala Khan
    Groot
    She-Hulk
    Colossus
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!)

Trash or Lengthy as in you can do good with them, it’s just a longer fight compared to others. (That doesn’t mean Kamala Khan is as good as Medusa or any other God tier champs lol)

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Let's face it. There's what? A dozen, 15 champs in the game you'd r5/r2. Maybe you could debate 20 that deserve it. That's like 15% or so, give or take.

The rest are just filler or situational, and usually any number of them can fill that role. But hey, back in the day it was Thor, strange, witch, widow or bust!
  • Drstu3000Drstu3000 Posts: 31
    I don't mind the original Iron Man but is there any difference between him and Superior Iron Man? I've been waiting for an update for him and hulkbuster. Also why does Ultron have cauterize? Does Black Bolt still have self damage on his level 2 special?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Let's face it. There's what? A dozen, 15 champs in the game you'd r5/r2. Maybe you could debate 20 that deserve it. That's like 15% or so, give or take.

The rest are just filler or situational, and usually any number of them can fill that role. But hey, back in the day it was Thor, strange, witch, widow or bust!

You should be rank 5ing champions you enjoy playing, Idelest has a rank 5 Sentry, a youtuber called Swedeah L just got up Kamala Kahn. A champion "deserves" it if they will increase your enjoyment of the game. Of course, there are champions that are objectively better than others but that doesn't mean you have to rank up any of those high ranking champs to have fun with the game.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    @Evil_Monkey88 is right lol, im a mid tier player, just got uncollected with 6 5*s i recognize that most of them are not champs i would find helpful, and because of that i realize that i probably wont get many good 5*s. 5/6 of my 5*S are garbage, but im okay with that knowing the odds. so stop complaining, you will get some decent ones eventually
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Did you read? I was saying that half of the champs in the game are useless in every game mode, while others are very good to godly. I was saying come to a compromise. Make older champs decent, but not God Tier. I'm just tired of setting the bar low enough to accept a 5* Moon Knight, but still getting one of the most useless champs in the game. I want to be able to walk away from a crystal opening and be satisfied with what I got. This opening I just had was an absolute waste of my time. When you set the bar low, and you end up getting lower, it feels like betrayal. It's like doing a job for someone and then having them tell you that they don't have the money to pay you that they said they would have. Sure, you could wait until they pay you, but when's that ever gonna happen?

you do realise they are buffing older champs right and ironman has good synergies and awakened pretty good regain but where you are in the game depends how useful 5* champs are if everyone pulled iceman stark spidey and blade Corvus domino etc the game would be very boring
    What you are saying is imagine you had to mow a field despite someone who has been in the game for years and has pulled many 5* champs and has to mow through content at a steady pace with a push mower because of no decent pulls. You should be given a drive on mower to sail through with ease ?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    One pet peeve I have with all of the original starting champs is that they all have the same generic attacks. Basic punches, basic kicks, nothing exciting.

I understand your frustration and I'm not saying this sarcastically or to be rude, but it sounds like you should take a break from the game. It can be a very frustrating game. If it reaches that point for you I would just take a break or quit altogether. The point of games is to have fun. If you aren't having fun, I would quit.
  • JRock808 wrote: »

I'm not sure I would agree. It kind of depends on what you mean by "deserve it." The reason so few are ranked to r5 is because of resource constraints. If I only have enough to rank up one r5 now, then only one or two are likely to "deserve it" because it isn't a question of how good they are, it is really a very specific question of which one benefits my account the most in my situation. There aren't a dozen of those at any particular time, there's probably just a couple.

But of course if resources were unlimited, I'd upgrade them all. The question is how many champions are under consideration for rank up if resources were limited but constantly coming in at a decent rate. And I think there are way more than 20 I would at least consider for rank up if there were enough resources to upgrade a significant number.

Off the top of my head, I'd say the following are almost certainly on most people's list for consideration: Blade, Ghost Rider, Void, Iceman, Archangel, Sparky, Corvus Glaive, Ghost, Domino, Hyperion, Hulk Ragnarok, Sabertooth, OG Vision, Aegon, CapIW, Dr. Voodoo, Killmonger, Magik, Star Lord, Quake and Medusa. On top of those, I would add as debatable reasonable choices if resources were available: Angela, Thor Ragnarok, Crossbones, Dormammu, Gwenpool, Hulk, Red Hulk, Luke Cage, Green Goblin, Guillotine, Korg, Morningstar, Nebula, Omega Red, Venom the Duck, Rogue, Hood, and Ronan. That's 39 off the top of my head that are at least in consideration. And outside the very top I don't think they are all interchangeable in terms of what their value is.

Another interesting question is which champs have been ranked to r5/r2. It is impossible to say because we don't have that raw data, and it is possible every one happens at least once out of millions of players, but in terms of players I can see on leaderboards I do see most or all of those champions. Heck I see Sentry up there more than once.

I should also point out that if a player is active in all modes then they are likely to at least want five defenders, five event runners, three AQ attackers and three AW attackers. That's sixteen champs you would want at r2 if you could. So the bare minimum number of champions that could "deserve" r2 is some number close to that (you could have an r5 and r2 of the same champ in theory, but in practice that would be difficult for most players to coincidentally have very many overlaps of). Assuming we don't all agree on which ones would fit into those sixteen pigeonholes, there actually have to be a significantly larger number than that that collectively described what the majority felt were reasonable rank ups if resources existed.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »

Heck I see Sentry up there more than once.

Make no mistake: If I ever awaken my 5-star Sentry, he will go to R5.