**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

PSA: You don't have to do the eq

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
Lots of people are complaining about the difficulty of this eq (and of course tons of people are super awesome mega swipers and breeze right though it and are sure that everyone else knows). Simple solution: don't do it. I'm skipping this one after exploring all but one uc eq prior. There's nothing fun about this month. Challenging, sure. Fun, nope. I'm sure others disagree and consider it the easiest yet, but they're bonafide badasses and apparently I just need to "git gud." Well, no thanks.

I'm skipping. And I suggest anyone else that feels this way to do the same. Otherwise, uc eq is going to keep increasing in difficulty until it's another variant. I have no desire for that. If eq participation keeps dropping as difficulty keeps increasing, they'll have to take notice, or ostracize a large portion of their player base.

My opinion. I know. "Git Gud" "Easiest Yet" "Drop to Master" etc....etc.

Comments

• Evil_Monkey88Evil_Monkey88 Posts: 125
    True. I stopped trying after failing too much and dropped down to finish master.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    i honestly think, if you are having some trouble in the uceq,and want to beat it, then practice intercepting, learn the opponent, redo your masteries. there are a bunch of different ways to beat uncollected, experiment a bit. as for git gud, that term is usually meant sarcastically or basically saying that you are bad at something, im not saying you guys are bad at the game, im saying that practice makes perfect. but move at your own pace and your own difficulty, and do what your comfortable with.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The key to the game is anticipating what the computer AI is going to do then a little swiping and tapping. Dats it

Pay no attention to anyone talking about content being too difficult, top whatever % or what developers like etc, they are just trying to feel better about themselves by putting you down.

Some of the content is easier when you have certain champs, but all of the content can be beaten with the majority of champs once you know what the computer AI is going to do. Ppl can beat UC content with 3* Champs and it ain’t because they’ve been doing push ups with their thumbs or taking PEDs Heck one dude is playing the game blind folded.

Some ppl on here can be really pretentious
    ESF wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about this month...man. I just didn't enjoy this month's EQ.

I guess it was just the boss fights were just not that fun to me, due to the node combinations. I always think unavoidable damage is a cheap mechanic, and I didn't like the combination of nodes on Darkhawk when combined with his character abilities. Taskmaster definitely wasn't fun, either.

I just didn't find this one to be enjoyable. I didn't mind AEgon last month, either...I'm normally not one to complain about stuff like this. If I don't enjoy it, I usually just skip it.

I can kinda see where the OP is coming from, though...if this is the direction the game is going, I guess it's up to me to evaluate how I want to approach it. At some point, as the OP is getting at, when does "challenging" become "tedious"?

I think this month's EQ was pretty darn close to "tedious." Again, I know we don't have to do them, and I have skipped content before and will again.

But if anybody is listening or cares, I think it's good to have super-hard content for the guys who are elite at this game, and even really difficult content for maybe a tier below that.

But when monthly content feels even less enjoyable than chunks of Act 5...is that where we want this stuff to go?

I don't think so, but again, that's just my opinion

your right, unavoidable damage is super cheap. darkhawk is more tedious than hard definitely, and with taskmaster i just reset dex. i have noticed that instead of kabam making the player take damage naturally through legitimately difficult and satisfying content, they feel obligated to make it unnecessarily hard, such as some nodes that garuntee damage to be taken. i think uceq is on the difficulty of the collector where if you have decent champs and a decent skill level then it is relatively easy, however, similar to the collector the eq has a few spots where you pretty much take unavoidable damage through complete bs mechanics. i pesonally dont mind the eq, if i run into a hard champ, i practice or re evaluate my team and strategy. i dont go complaining about how hard it is, instead i ask for help or look for work arounds, like i said, sometimes the fights are complete bs, but for the most part they are easy or at least medium difficulty for the average uncollected player.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    VulcanM wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about this month...man. I just didn't enjoy this month's EQ.

I guess it was just the boss fights were just not that fun to me, due to the node combinations. I always think unavoidable damage is a cheap mechanic, and I didn't like the combination of nodes on Darkhawk when combined with his character abilities. Taskmaster definitely wasn't fun, either.

I just didn't find this one to be enjoyable. I didn't mind AEgon last month, either...I'm normally not one to complain about stuff like this. If I don't enjoy it, I usually just skip it.

I can kinda see where the OP is coming from, though...if this is the direction the game is going, I guess it's up to me to evaluate how I want to approach it. At some point, as the OP is getting at, when does "challenging" become "tedious"?

I think this month's EQ was pretty darn close to "tedious." Again, I know we don't have to do them, and I have skipped content before and will again.

But if anybody is listening or cares, I think it's good to have super-hard content for the guys who are elite at this game, and even really difficult content for maybe a tier below that.

But when monthly content feels even less enjoyable than chunks of Act 5...is that where we want this stuff to go?

your right, unavoidable damage is super cheap. darkhawk is more tedious than hard definitely, and with taskmaster i just reset dex. i have noticed that instead of kabam making the player take damage naturally through legitimately difficult and satisfying content, they feel obligated to make it unnecessarily hard, such as some nodes that garuntee damage to be taken. i think uceq is on the difficulty of the collector where if you have decent champs and a decent skill level then it is relatively easy, however, similar to the collector the eq has a few spots where you pretty much take unavoidable damage through complete bs mechanics. i pesonally dont mind the eq, if i run into a hard champ, i practice or re evaluate my team and strategy. i dont go complaining about how hard it is, instead i ask for help or look for work arounds, like i said, sometimes the fights are complete bs, but for the most part they are easy or at least medium difficulty for the average uncollected player.

I should've reset Dexterity for Taskmaster, but to me, that's cheap to be penalized for unlocking and using a Mastery -- to me, if you're good enough to Dex out, you shouldn't be penalized. It's a skill, you know? The penalty should be taking block damage -- that's why I had no issues with Aegon last month. You mess around and let him get to where he's busting you up with negating Block Proficiency, well, that's on you. Sometimes, you just gotta not get hit

I guess that's where I am. I agree with you in that you can always practice and get better, or problem-solve, through most of it. That's the truth.

But there's just something about this month that felt a little different, a little more cheap. I don't know. Just my feeling, you know? I understand if better players than me feel it was easier.

VulcanM wrote: »

I should've reset Dexterity for Taskmaster, but to me, that's cheap to be penalized for unlocking and using a Mastery -- to me, if you're good enough to Dex out, you shouldn't be penalized. It's a skill, you know? The penalty should be taking block damage -- that's why I had no issues with Aegon last month. You mess around and let him get to where he's busting you up with negating Block Proficiency, well, that's on you. Sometimes, you just gotta not get hit

I guess that's where I am. I agree with you in that you can always practice and get better, or problem-solve, through most of it. That's the truth.

But there's just something about this month that felt a little different, a little more cheap. I don't know. Just my feeling, you know? I understand if better players than me feel it was easier.

yeah i completely understand, and while i agree that you shouldnt have to reset dex or be penalized, i do actually enjoy how it required me to think a little more creatively. but i also agree that this months eq does seem a little wack.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Well, I'm not in support of an "EQ Boycott", but I think one Fight is a bit overboard. Mainly because of the buggy state of it. Obviously DW. Baiting that L2 is not consistent, and it freezes and lags on the Evade. Had it been a better release, I probably would have felt less overwhelmed. Truth be told, I still haven't done it successfully. Do I think there's a great deal of premature reactions? Sure. However, I'm also concerned about the drive to become more and more challenging as well. I think we may be close to the verge of too much too fast. Perhaps not falling into an eddy of chaos, but I'm concerned about consistency. I think a number of aspects are changing that really shouldn't be, such as reaction times and automatic intercepting. AI has begun to predict moves, changing its pattern of when it reacts, holding Block just until we move, Blocking moves instantaneously, overpowering our Heavies and Specials while we're mid-execution. I'm not going to debate what's intentional and what's not, because that can go south fast. I do feel very strongly about certain aspects not being changed, like AI with speed vatiations that perform well past our control capacities. I think it's one of the contributing factors to lag, simply because some devices can't process controls that keep up with the speed of the AI. I feel that when you have so many variations of Nodes, Rarities, Champs, and Abilities, that's enough. The moment the AI starts changing its timings, it becomes too much. It's not even subtle anymore. Timings are all over the place. I think Priority 1 is consistency with controls. There has to be an equal speed of movement and much less predicting AI.
    Other than that, I have no issues with the new challenges. Conversely, I'm not on the "It was easy!" train. Too much scoffing at people as it is.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    It's week one.

Stop whinging.

We have a month to get through it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    People say "Stop whining!" right up until it ends. Lol.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Don't ever be an early adopter unless you need a conversation piece.

The price of being quick is being good.

Impatience is most certainly not a virtue.
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    The biggest problem is that Kabam is treating both the Master and Uncollected monthly quests as if they are the same, when they are not. The only difference between the two right now is the Star Level. You fight a 5* Darkhawk in Master and a 6* one In Uncollected, but they both have the same buffs. That is ridiculous and when they introduced Uncollectec monthly quests, they should have reworked it so that the Master version got less buffs.

Let’s take the Darkhawk boss in Master and Uncollected. Both have the Unblockable buff, but they should have removed it from Master. Keep it in Uncollected, as it is supposed to be for the higher tier players, but some of us are not there yet and expecting us to play Master like it is Uncollected is honestly disgusting.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It was just released. You have a month. Why not just take the easy path and have fun testing and figuring it out? You may sharpen your skills, and have fun in the process. You may even figure it out and start wrecking it. There’s so much time to work on it and have fun.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    DOA40 wrote: »
    The biggest problem is that Kabam is treating both the Master and Uncollected monthly quests as if they are the same, when they are not. The only difference between the two right now is the Star Level. You fight a 5* Darkhawk in Master and a 6* one In Uncollected, but they both have the same buffs. That is ridiculous and when they introduced Uncollectec monthly quests, they should have reworked it so that the Master version got less buffs.

Let’s take the Darkhawk boss in Master and Uncollected. Both have the Unblockable buff, but they should have removed it from Master. Keep it in Uncollected, as it is supposed to be for the higher tier players, but some of us are not there yet and expecting us to play Master like it is Uncollected is honestly disgusting.

So... you want masters to be made easier? It’s already very easy lol
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    xNig wrote: »

And....let me guess. You are probably an Uncollected player and think that everyone should “git gud”.

Look around. Even Uncollected players are complaining about the buffs on the Darkhawk part.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018

Nah, need to make UC harder, like put an 'all or nothing' node for UC
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Don't ever be an early adopter unless you need a conversation piece.

The price of being quick is being good.

Impatience is most certainly not a virtue.

Did you just crack open three fortune cookies?
    And I'm not saying "Boycott." I'm simply saying that if the eq brings more frustration than joy (the reason many of us play this game), then just don't play the eq. Play arena instead, or work on story quest.

Last month, after completing the uc eq, I decided to focus on Act 5 and was able to 100% it. I've completed this months uc eq, and now I'm going to either piddle in Arena, play alliance stuff, or just get some Christmas shopping done. May try to run LoL easy path. But I'm definitely not going to 100% this one. Not worth it.

And for those saying "it has to get harder each month," (looking at you Deoxyribonucleic acid), no, that's completely unfair for those that just became uncollected. Story should get harder with progression. Variant is progression content. Uncollected should always be about the same level of difficulty; that's how levels of difficulty work. I don't mind a challenge (or maybe I do) but the path uc eq is taking is one I'll probably be skipping.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303

Correct me if I am wrong, but arent Master and Uncollected SUPPOSED to be different levels? Surely if the only difference right now is just between 5 and 6 star champions with the same buffs they are only making uncollected slightly longer not actually more difficult.

Of course there is supposed to be a difference between the difficulties, thats why there is what 5 difficulties? It is expected that each level will become gradually tougher, I mean I can breeze through act 4 without thinking, yet right now I am currently only on act 5.2.4 and having a bit of trouble, that's what I am seeing is missing, an increase in the difficulties, and for the massive jump between heroic and masters, as I can't do UC just yet, there isn't that much of an increase in the rewards.

I want tougher content, I want to have to change stratagies to continue advancing, but when theres a constant lag issue and an unblockable champion who will KO a max ranked 4* champ in one combo something needs to be sorted.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

Correct me if I am wrong, but arent Master and Uncollected SUPPOSED to be different levels? Surely if the only difference right now is just between 5 and 6 star champions with the same buffs they are only making uncollected slightly longer not actually more difficult.

Of course there is supposed to be a difference between the difficulties, thats why there is what 5 difficulties? It is expected that each level will become gradually tougher, I mean I can breeze through act 4 without thinking, yet right now I am currently only on act 5.2.4 and having a bit of trouble, that's what I am seeing is missing, an increase in the difficulties, and for the massive jump between heroic and masters, as I can't do UC just yet, there isn't that much of an increase in the rewards.

I want tougher content, I want to have to change stratagies to continue advancing, but when theres a constant lag issue and an unblockable champion who will KO a max ranked 4* champ in one combo something needs to be sorted.

I think the design for master was that because the lanes don’t have the nodes that uncollected does, players should be able to get to the final bosses with more health/more champs alive. So in theory, a player should be facing a boss with a more complete team compared to facing a similar boss in uncollected.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018

And....let me guess. You are probably an Uncollected player and think that everyone should “git gud”.

Look around. Even Uncollected players are complaining about the buffs on the Darkhawk part.

https://youtu.be/dvrOAY2qNSI

Got careless towards the end. But yeah, he’s not that hard. No idea what you guys are talking about. I don’t even use Quake most of the time.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    So, I don't give ka an credit often, but this time I will. For me, the previous eq, with champion and aegon was the hardest ever. The reason it was the hardest for me was because of my style of play. I used to block and parry a lot, and then counter. Those techniques get you killed fast against aegon and champion (and now darkhawk).

By adding these mechanics to eq, they forced me to change my game play. I had to be able to dodge and intercept. This has now made me a better player overall, and especially for wars.

Adapt to the challenge, watch videos (tons out there) and up your game, I know I had to and it has made me a better player as a result.
    So.......y'all are good with Thorns path? Iceman on thorns? Morningstar on thorns? Really? That's progression for ya'll? I'm curious as to what skills you used to beat those.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Difficult content is fine...when it doesn’t combine with lagging and poor responsiveness.

Dr. Zola

This. As soon as the fight starts the screen freezes. Likely dead there. If you survive, everyttime he throws a special or changes modes the game lags and the screen freezes again.

It's bad enough dealing with him, but this extra layer of inanity is not making it feel fun and rewarding.

Fix the damn freezing Kabam. Sheesh.
  • AanthoAantho Posts: 159
    Le problème est que ne pas faire ces quêtes me prive des rares récompenses intéressantes (pour moi). Je gagne des éclats 5* ailleurs bien sûr, mais EQ reste une source non négligeable, et ça me gêne de constater que je risque de devoir m en passer car les joueurs de fin de jeux veulent plus de défi ! Augmentez la difficulté si vous voulez mais augmentez les récompenses pour tous les niveaux! Je pense que je dois juste commencer à me lasser de ce jeux...