**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion Clash Hyperion

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
I can't for the life of me figure out how to down Hyperion constantly. Here's who I have-
f820m6glo2ue.png
b380p4663x5d.png
ldpytfo40bhb.png
8tdy5uajn3kr.png

Comments

• ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Void, iceman, sparky, sw, km indestructible, symbiotic supreme(?), voodoo has power control, and maybe even Loki l3 to steal buffs.

Bait heavy, and l1.

Void was best for me. I just ran away and tapped him with lights until 1 petrify was up. Prob the best option?
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    With all those god tier champs? Wow

Iceman is your solution
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Ooooo Loki could be fun just keep cursed up. As for a practical solution, sym supreme would destroy him if you play right. Check out seatins vids on ss
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Ooooo Loki could be fun just keep cursed up. As for a practical solution, sym supreme would destroy him if you play right. Check out seatins vids on ss

I did try Loki but really just to try and half @$$ed it. He did steal it but I need a power gain team i think to be effective enough. Ive been using SS but at R3 hes not hitting hard enough and ive had bad RNG. I bought the quest boosting bundle today so gonna use those attack/health and try and knock it out again.
  • PrasannaPrasanna Posts: 53
    Use luke cage. With some exhaustion,u can decrease his power significantly. Voodoo is great option. U can use void too. Or Killmonger and use L2 to get indestructible
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I used Mephisto. Keep Soul Imprisonment on him and he only has the 1 Power Gain. Then it's just Baiting.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I used Mephisto. Keep Soul Imprisonment on him and he only has the 1 Power Gain. Then it's just Baiting.

You completed heavyweight GW.

That's a fair achievement, I backed out because it was too hard.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Dude.... Cage, Sorcerer, Spidey, Voodoo... You have all the tools. You just need to work on your baiting skills. Try to never push him to L2. Vary your combos. 1,2,3,4 hits. Mix it up. Watch his power, leave yourself open, bait. He should keep throwing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »

No, didn't bother. Just Lightweight. I thought we were talking about Hyp in general. Pretty sure the same strategy will work though, if you work around the Stun Immune.
    phillgreen wrote: »

No, didn't bother. Just Lightweight. I thought we were talking about Hyp in general. Pretty sure the same strategy will work though, if you work around the Stun Immune.

Hype doesn’t really require much work around with stun immunity. He’s quite willing to throw his specials if you bait well.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I did it with a 4* Killmonger...bait him until you land your first SP2 and then you can just play as normal. Just don't block anything, bait and punish, don't worry about SP3. At one point I had 5 indestructible charges lol
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I used void. It plays best if you have an unawakened void though, I think it would be easier to deal with the stun immunity
    I used void. It plays best if you have an unawakened void though, I think it would be easier to deal with the stun immunity

Say what? Unawakened? I couldn’t disagree more. Waaaay more damage. Faster fight. Easier fight. If you reverse power gain just bait heavies.

I smoked every one of the Hypes with a duped Void outside of one (Used Switch).
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Say what? Unawakened? I couldn’t disagree more. Waaaay more damage. Faster fight. Easier fight. If you reverse power gain just bait heavies.

I also used an awakened void and found the fight more difficult to control while his power was draining. But I didn’t think about the damage side of things. That probably evens it out

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I’m not sure there’s a sure-fire way to down him every time. People will post brags about how they soloed him every time, but there are honestly Hypo fights that feel designed to head straight to Sp3 regardless of how well you manage his power or bait his specials. I had plenty of those.

With that said, Magik and Voodoo were my best options as long as I could get to a Sp2 (which wasn’t near every time). I’ve heard Void is very effective, but I’m not a Void user and am skeptical of how well 4’s hold up in the event if you lack him as a 5*. The other solid option you have is Spidey using taunt. Even with class disadvantage, he may be your best bet. Failing that, tank Sp3 with Iceman, Gwen and Cage. Don’t have Ghost, but I hear she’s equally capable at that.

Dr. Zola

I also used an awakened void and found the fight more difficult to control while his power was draining. But I didn’t think about the damage side of things. That probably evens it out

I can see where you are coming from though. I remember a couple times that I wished I wouldn’t have gotten that next petrify after FOTV.
  • The Hood was my answer. He even almost solo’d the champion.. got him to like 15%