**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Disappointing 4-year calendar

13»

Comments

• Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    It’s almost as if Kabam is constantly having to change more and more and give more and more just because people can’t be satisfied with free stuff....oh...wait....
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I read something in Freakonomics (or Super Freakonomics, great books). On one Thanksgiving, the boss gave a free turkey to all employees to improve their motivation. He got good results. Everyone was happy and grateful for it.

Next year, he gave it again.But this time there was no increase as the free turkey was an expected reward. Following year, he gave the same turkey and motivation went down.

This thread reminds me of that

i couldn't agree more with what you said. The community base sets a high expectation of what they "should" receive vs what they are going to receive. In reality, its stuff they didn't have before.
    So far this new month I've seen-
    1. EQ requires tons of energy. Well we get 5 full energy refills in 3 days.
    2. T2A is hard to get. Well we get 9000 shards in the next 6 days.
    3. T4cc is hard to get. We get 2 T4CC crystals this month.

Im really not sure what would make most of these people complaining happy. I can only imagine-
    1. They give us a 6* featured. I got Colossus. These rewards suck.
    2. They give us a chance to get 1 5* champ we want. They didn't give us rank up materials or gold.

Most of these people won't be happy regardless of what they are given.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I read something in Freakonomics (or Super Freakonomics, great books). On one Thanksgiving, the boss gave a free turkey to all employees to improve their motivation. He got good results. Everyone was happy and grateful for it.

Next year, he gave it again.But this time there was no increase as the free turkey was an expected reward. Following year, he gave the same turkey and motivation went down.

This thread reminds me of that

i couldn't agree more with what you said. The community base sets a high expectation of what they "should" receive vs what they are going to receive. In reality, its stuff they didn't have before.
    So far this new month I've seen-
    1. EQ requires tons of energy. Well we get 5 full energy refills in 3 days.
    2. T2A is hard to get. Well we get 9000 shards in the next 6 days.
    3. T4cc is hard to get. We get 2 T4CC crystals this month.

Im really not sure what would make most of these people complaining happy. I can only imagine-
    1. They give us a 6* featured. I got Colossus. These rewards suck.
    2. They give us a chance to get 1 5* champ we want. They didn't give us rank up materials or gold.

Most of these people won't be happy regardless of what they are given.

Couldn’t agree more
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Imagine you guys work one company for 4 years continuously and there is anniversary gift you get same as 1n year workers. But hey it’s free 👋🏻
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Have we become this entitled?

I think you mean even more entitled. They could give a 6* featured Crystal and people would be mad because it didnt give what they wanted.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Everyone can express their views. I just think that when it comes to free gifts, it's ALL extra. I don't get the discontent. The whole argument reminds me of Dudley from Harry Potter. "Thirty six? But last year, I had 37!".

I love that you used this reference from Harry Potter!
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    ah yes, the free gift that kabam has given us is not good enough... sounds selfish af
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 50
    gigantic disappointment
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    I think the main problem is coming from the scraps of t2a. The direction the game has gone requires several 5* at r4 or r5. That needs at a minimum 4 t2a. 9k shards isnt all the helpful in the long run.
  • idsfhilwuaghwvaidsfhilwuaghwva Posts: 11
    edited December 2018
    Can't complain about free stuff.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Can't complain about free stuff.

You would think but look at this entire thread lol.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    If this was 2016 i'd be so excited
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Why do we have a "Login" calendar and "Free stuff" which encourages you to login every day to get that? Why a 4 hour crystal, a daily crystal, and cards which you have to login to claim even though you bought the card?

It is really simple, the more people login, the better the metrics are in the respective app stores we installed the game from. The more logins they have, the better their metrics look to the stores. The longer we are in game, the better the metrics look. If the metrics look really good it improves their standings in the app store making it more likely others will download and play the game and increase the probability of gaining paying customers.

The anniversary/holiday/summon appreciation items are about customer retention. How do you keep people logging in and playing, and spending time in app.

So why do I say they are pretty pitiful, these do not really seem geared to keeping me as a paying customer or re-spark my interest in the game.

It's not a sense of entitlement, it's a sense of is Kabam really interested in retaining me as a customer that has been playing nearly 4 years now. Really right now, it seems they haven't, at least not for me. If for others they did then great!

But saying it's free, that's not entirely true, Kabam benefits by keeping us logging in with a regular cadence so this is not one sided.