**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do do want rank down tickets this December?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No
    They didn't nerf anyone. AA wasn't meant to Stun through Immunity, and Drax was never designed to bypass Astral. Those were fixes. MD was compensated for, and didn't change the Champs at all. I'm not sure how you figure they screwed 99% of people with Gems, but they fixed the bug and let people keep who they Ranked. Tickets aren't even applicable to that. How would that change the fact that people still have to use them on 2015 Champs?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No
    If only there was a way to Rank more Champs by playing the game.
    Oh wait....lol.

Imagine having to work to rank up champs rather than asking for free stuff. What a novel concept.

I'm just highlighting the point. Lol. I see the number of Threads asking within the span of a year, and people could have Ranked who they wanted to swap by that time. I don't get the whole idea of Ranking and waiting to switch. The game isn't designed for that.

Exactly. I could really use one right now for my Carnage, but I'm completely capable of earning Glory and buying the materials myself. This game doesn't have a 30 day return policy...

Why Carnage?
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Oh wait....lol.

Imagine having to work to rank up champs rather than asking for free stuff. What a novel concept.

How are RDTs 'free stuff'? I must have earned the rank up materials originally to have ranked up champs, surely?

Yes, and people made the choices on who to use them on. It's not done with redoing the choice in mind. We're all aware of how it works. We choose who we want to Rank and make a final decision. Then we earn Resources to Rank again.

I wasn't talking to or quoting you, and I was only referring to Sabre's use of the word 'free'.
    But thanks for your unnecessary input.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    No
    Oh wait....lol.

How are RDTs 'free stuff'? I must have earned the rank up materials originally to have ranked up champs, surely?

Yes, and people made the choices on who to use them on. It's not done with redoing the choice in mind. We're all aware of how it works. We choose who we want to Rank and make a final decision. Then we earn Resources to Rank again.

I wasn't talking to or quoting you, and I was only referring to Sabre's use of the word 'free'.

Last I saw this was an open forum that anyone could respond to, and GroundedWisdom replied to your comment. And he's exactly correct on every point he's made. You earned the items necessary and used them on a champ of your choosing at that time. Now you want them back. Not how it should ever work. Live with your choices.
    No
    I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying you are.
    It's not asking for 'free stuff'. We want refunds for the hard-earned materials that we spent in good faith on the logical and understandable assumption that champs would be worth the same now as they were when they were ranked up.

That's asking for "free" stuff by getting things you used back so they can be re-used. You used them. Bottom line. Full stop. Deal with it. Earn the items needed to rank the champ you want.
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying you are.
    It's not asking for 'free stuff'. We want refunds for the hard-earned materials that we spent in good faith on the logical and understandable assumption that champs would be worth the same now as they were when they were ranked up.

That's asking for "free" stuff by getting things you used back so they can be re-used. You used them. Bottom line. Full stop. Deal with it. Earn the items needed to rank the champ you want.

I did. And then he got changed. And I would like a refund. Bottom line. Full stop. Period. Ellipsis...
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Yes
    But only because I plan to abuse it on my mini acct by r5ing Spark for a path of LOL then to rank him back down for a better option for the rest of the game.
  • Don't really care
    Generic Rank up Gems would be FAR more useful than RDTs IMHO. I do understand the logic behind wanting them. However, if they come out in the form they came last... no thanks. If I'm gonna use a RDT, it'd better give it ALL back. Gold, ISO, and Cats. Not the half RDTs that just gave back the catalysts. No point in ranking someone down if I don't get it all back.

Fact remains, the game is ever evolving, some champs have become extraordinarily useless that were once quite useful. So simply saying, earn more stuff is just feeding the machine. I personally don't have anyone I actively want to rank down. That doesn't change the existence of players who have champs that they would gladly rank down.

So, before you go and criticize players' desires for a little freedom to change 1-2 champs on a roster of 100-300+ champs, think about the audacity of the numbers here. It's such a small thing in the grand scheme. A small thing that could really help many players out. Get off your high horses and show a little love to your fellow players. Mistakes are made. Things change. Let's not quibble over this.

As previously stated, I'd be happier with generic rank UP gems instead of RDTs. But to each their own. Frankly, I don't NEED either. Doesn't change that the prospect of receiving such would be a nice thing. Tis the Holidays after all. I guess the ideals of 'Peace on Earth' and 'Goodwill towards your fellow man' went out the window on this forum.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Yes
    Oh wait....lol.

Last I saw this was an open forum that anyone could respond to, and GroundedWisdom replied to your comment. And he's exactly correct on every point he's made. You earned the items necessary and used them on a champ of your choosing at that time. Now you want them back. Not how it should ever work. Live with your choices.

Ahhhh, exactly!
    so i choose back then Venompool over Venom to r4 because of his ability to heal on sp1, healblock on sp2 and he is fun. Venom was no fun at this time an no real use.
    NOW Venom is by far better then Venompool (he got a sp1 heal too what was my main reason back then).

How should i have know that when i had to choose in the time?
    i am with the one who said, if kabam changes Champs that they finaly work as intendet (they said that in a way) they dont go broke with giving us at least one time a year in one or to occasions the posibillty to redo the decisson who to rank up. Cauz when the champs didnt performed like they should before the redo, a valid decission cant be done.
    No
    Cassy wrote: »
    Oh wait....lol.

Ahhhh, exactly!
    so i choose back then Venompool over Venom to r4 because of his ability to heal on sp1, healblock on sp2 and he is fun. Venom was no fun at this time an no real use.
    NOW Venom is by far better then Venompool (he got a sp1 heal too what was my main reason back then).

i am with the one who said, if kabam changes Champs that they finaly work as intendet (they said that in a way) they dont go broke with giving us at least one time a year in one or to occasions the posibillty to redo the decisson who to rank up. Cauz when the champs didnt performed like they should before the redo, a valid decission cant be done.

Kabam making a champ better is not a valid reason to beg for RDT. Work hard to get the resources to rank the mew champ and now you have more champs ranked up. Kabam severely nerfing a champ like they did to Thor, SW, Strange, etc. in 12.0 IS a cause for RDT. Since 12.0, however, Kabam has not done that big of a downgrade to any other champ.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 382 ★★
    Yes
    Yes! So many new champions that I want to change to them for upgrading.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Yes
    I wanna derank goblin!
    Yes
    Oh wait....lol.

Ahhhh, exactly!

Kabam making a champ better is not a valid reason to beg for RDT. Work hard to get the resources to rank the mew champ and now you have more champs ranked up. Kabam severely nerfing a champ like they did to Thor, SW, Strange, etc. in 12.0 IS a cause for RDT. Since 12.0, however, Kabam has not done that big of a downgrade to any other champ.

Since 12.0 they've also given out RDTs for no reason at all. Thank god, then, that it's them in charge and not you.
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Yes
    I want one so i can get my next r5
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Don't really care
    Generic Rank up Gems would be FAR more useful than RDTs IMHO. I do understand the logic behind wanting them. However, if they come out in the form they came last... no thanks. If I'm gonna use a RDT, it'd better give it ALL back. Gold, ISO, and Cats. Not the half RDTs that just gave back the catalysts. No point in ranking someone down if I don't get it all back.

Fact remains, the game is ever evolving, some champs have become extraordinarily useless that were once quite useful. So simply saying, earn more stuff is just feeding the machine. I personally don't have anyone I actively want to rank down. That doesn't change the existence of players who have champs that they would gladly rank down.

So, before you go and criticize players' desires for a little freedom to change 1-2 champs on a roster of 100-300+ champs, think about the audacity of the numbers here. It's such a small thing in the grand scheme. A small thing that could really help many players out. Get off your high horses and show a little love to your fellow players. Mistakes are made. Things change. Let's not quibble over this.

As previously stated, I'd be happier with generic rank UP gems instead of RDTs. But to each their own. Frankly, I don't NEED either. Doesn't change that the prospect of receiving such would be a nice thing. Tis the Holidays after all. I guess the ideals of 'Peace on Earth' and 'Goodwill towards your fellow man' went out the window on this forum.

Strongly agree

No
    Oh wait....lol.

Ahhhh, exactly!

Since 12.0 they've also given out RDTs for no reason at all. Thank god, then, that it's them in charge and not you.

They gave them out for Christmas last year. When else have they done it? Nice sample size.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Yes
    Sure if they are gonna hand them out. But if it's like it was the last time where you got Nothing back except the rank down it kind of hurts more than it helps.
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Oh wait....lol.

Ahhhh, exactly!

They gave them out for Christmas last year. When else have they done it? Nice sample size.

Thanks. It’s the same size as your 12.0 broken record, so we’re even...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Don't really care
    I honestly would love rank down tickets because I can't for the life of me pull a single mutant catalyst for my 5* Domino. That said, I don't expect them and won't be bothered if they don't come.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    No
    No seriously guys stop with this
    No
    Oh wait....lol.

Ahhhh, exactly!

Thanks. It’s the same size as your 12.0 broken record, so we’re even...

But again, the reason they gave them out was highly warranted (severely nerfing champs) versus the reason you want them (want to change who I ranked). Apples and oranges.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    No
    What is the point of RDT's? I honestly don't know
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Yes
    Desperately so that I can RDT my 5/50 vision, bring up ghost to 5/65 and take doc voodoo to 5/50 as well lol....dont really have 5* champs to rank down, maybe my 2/35 GG lol but mainly for those extra tech cats n t4bc
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Don't really care
    What is the point of RDT's? I honestly don't know

get catalysts back from your 4* champs to rank your 5* champs...? That's the only reason I would want them. My account is cursed with no mutant catalysts so I have had a hard time trying to take my 5* Domino to r5.