**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to counter Elektra in Event Quest?

I'm trying to get as far as I can in this months EQ, but in Master Elektra has stopped me, so far. Any good strategies? What champs are best against her on this node?

Grateful for all tips I can get!

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Literally any champ. Parry, combo, evade (or even block) her specials, repeat.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I seem to have problems others don't... I do get there with full health, but she lands her specials, and I'm done for quickly.
    Currently Master is very difficult for me. Or, it gets difficult once I reach the last boss of of the chapters, like elektra. Up untill then it's smooth sailing. On the other hand heroic is far to simple.
    I'm stuck there between two difficulties.
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 119
    As others said.

Just wait for Darkhawk.
    Yeah, I don't think I've got the skill, or maybe the Roster to get much further yet. But it would be nice to get through chapter one. Then hopefully, for each EQ get a little further than before. My skill is a bit uneven, I make mistakes a little too often still.
    Lol, I won't cry because it's too difficult for me. Just looking to see if there were any special tips to manage the fight without loosing health so quickly.
    I'll have a few goes at it again after exploring heroic difficulty.
  • Fighter092Fighter092 Posts: 128
    Ask someone for help!
    Fighter092 wrote: »
    Ask someone for help!

And here I was, thinking that was exactly what I did here... lol
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Do you have AA?
    Do you have AA?

Well, yeah. But unduped. And just recently got him. So not enough cats to rank him up for a while.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    She's not unblockable, just block her special one. Her special 2 is melee range, so you can back up and wait on that one. Find an elektra duel target and practice if you can.

It also depends on your roster. If it's not strong enough you may not be ready for master yet.
    JRock808 wrote: »
    She's not unblockable, just block her special one. Her special 2 is melee range, so you can back up and wait on that one. Find an elektra duel target and practice if you can.

It also depends on your roster. If it's not strong enough you may not be ready for master yet.

Thx, that's actually useful advice.
    I agree, I don't think I'm ready for Master yet, by no means am I able to finish it yet. Got a weak Roster since I recently got back to the game. But I'd like to push on as far as possible. :smile:
    I think it's in part up to the Roster, but also to be more consistent than I am with my skill. Timing things better. With a node like that, there's not so much room for error. So i'll practice more in duels also.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Like others have said, the key is getting to her with a champ with nearly full (or ideally, full) HP. Then it just becomes a skill game. Usually if I have a full HP champ, I can finish her up with about 45% or more, meaning the fight itself is only taking about 5% of health out. Dueling her helps, as she is not too bad to evade once you learn her mechanics.
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    anyone.. i'm in the same situation as you, heroic too easy but master just slightly out of reach.. i used 3/30 guillotine and pushed elektra to her sp2, which is easier to evade and baited out heavies so you don't have to block/parry too much. finished her in one shot. i actually found her easier than red skull where i had to revive champs.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    LC can mitigate part of the degen with indestructible.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It’s just Elektra isn’t it?
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    What champion options are you using? who do you have to choose from?
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Anyone with lots of block proficiency or armor or health... hold block and let her hit until she starts the animation for a heavy.. evade back twice then swipe forward into mlllm combo and hold block... repeat. Good luck..
  • Avengerboy99Avengerboy99 Posts: 99
    I'm trying to get as far as I can in this months EQ, but in Master Elektra has stopped me, so far. Any good strategies? What champs are best against her on this node?

Grateful for all tips I can get!

I used Red Hulk, because the more health he loses, the more Heat charges he receices, increasing energy damage, but even for that you need to evade properly and keep hitting her. The best option is Stark Spidey honestly, quick and easy kill, used him in most of the paths.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    LC can mitigate part of the degen with indestructible.

I wondered about that. Good to know it works.
    What champion options are you using? who do you have to choose from?

I have 5 star Magik rank 3.
    And maxed out 4 stars:
    Falcon lvl 99
    Cap America WWII lvl 99
    Vision AoU lvl 99
    Star-Lord lvl 99
    Old man Logan lvl 99
    Hyperion (unduped)

Then 4 stars rank 4/40 Stark Spidey and Doc Voodo

And some more less useful
    Status update, she's down! :smile:
    Thx for lots of good advice!

I just made my second attempt, and this time she went down. You were right, after the regen stopped, I was left with like 30% HP, and then It was just a normal fight.

Didn't take her down in one shot though. Used both cap america (who blocks very well) then falcon, who didn't perform great, but caused some bleed.
    And then Finally finished her with Hyperion. Love the incinerate of his SP1

Now I'm stuck at Taskmaster instead. That's a difficult node. Does Energy damage work, without the 2,5% cap at damage taken?
    Could I for example use my Vision AoU to good effect against Taskmaster?
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Voodoo should be a great option against any Rage node, though it depends on how much health does that Taskmaster have, make sure Voodoo surpasses the damage cap and convert all these furies into poisons.

If that doesn't work, your best options are probably Hyperion and Vision. with Hype just spam sp1s and don't build furies. Vision helps since his damage in specials is just energy damage.
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    Voodoo should be a great option against any Rage node, though it depends on how much health does that Taskmaster have, make sure Voodoo surpasses the damage cap and convert all these furies into poisons.

If that doesn't work, your best options are probably Hyperion and Vision. with Hype just spam sp1s and don't build furies. Vision helps since his damage in specials is just energy damage.

Thx for your tips.
    I was under the impression that buffs like incinerate from hyperion is somehow turned into instant regeneration as Taskmaster benefits from buffet.

OMG... just gave it another try, with vision. started well, then he just landed 2 blows that took me out. I had full HP when starting the fight...
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Probably he exploited your weakness...

Also, forgot about buffet. that makes Hyperion a no because of power gain, but Doc Voodoo should help if he can gift some furies and convert them. If not, Vision and Cap WW2 are the main beasts here. Both don't activate any buffs and the latter has good block proficiency.

EDIT: thought of Buffet as Masochism in the original post, lol...
  • ColdbloodedColdblooded Posts: 21
    Lol why do you have a max falcon?
    edited December 2018
    Lol why do you have a max falcon?

I've had that champion for 2 years. He was my first duped 4 star. Why do you care? I resent your tone, btw. Not very constructive, or nice. And... I don't see any rank down tickets lying around.