**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today, MCoC History was made

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Today was pretty big. Kabam deserves a lot of credit and praise for what they’ve done and everything they have committed to in the past month or so.

• New titles
  • 4* taskmaster with sig stones
  • Silver Surfer and Fantastic 4 announced
  • God tier 4* for $20
  • Day after mastery sale
  • Halls of Fortune
  • New daily calendar for 4th anniversary
  • New 4 year anniversary pfp

What more could we ask for? Thanks Kabam. Here’s to 2019.

EDIT: Duped my SW finally with the $20 deal today. I got her in 2015, couldn’t awaken her until now. Made today even better.

Comments

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    The sig stones were better
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Man, you must be new to the game.... :D
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 192
    I like anything free but am still hoping for the $0.99 champ and the 2*. Not complaining just hoping.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    Can we wait to complain until we actually see what the XMas calendar entails? And if I remember correctly the .99 crystal and special arena were later in December last year. So let's see what comes out between now and then.....
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    The current meta of the game is not the same for everyone. That entirely depends on where you're at. To someone who is focusing on 4*s because they don't have the Shards others do, that's worth the money. The current meta has become a blanket statement to devalue things far beyond what their realistic value within the meta is.

there is current meta state of the game. you can start a new account and progress to 5* place pretty fast, just grind arena to get some of newer damage dealer like domino or ss, and even with a 3* you can do hero and master difficulty is you have some skill. denying existence of common meta of the game seems silly to me
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    The title of this thread should appear in textbooks as an example of hyperbole.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    MrBanks wrote: »
    MrBanks wrote: »
    Today was pretty big. Kabam deserves a lot of credit and praise for what they’ve done and everything they have committed to in the past month or so.

• New titles
    • 4* taskmaster with sig stones
    • Silver Surfer and Fantastic 4 announced
    • God tier 4* for $20
    • Day after mastery sale
    • Halls of Fortune
    • New daily calendar for 4th anniversary
    • New 4 year anniversary pfp

What more could we ask for? Thanks Kabam. Here’s to 2019.

EDIT: Duped my SW finally with the $20 deal today. I got her in 2015, couldn’t awaken her until now. Made today even better.

Well you do realize the similar crystal (Community Choice) was $0.99 last year though?

No, and now I’m mad I just paid $20.
    The important thing here is you're happy with your purchase.

Looool

Well, the OP WAS until someone made a comparison that doesn't apply. We're not talking about that Event. We're talking about the current Offer. If the OP made a purchase and liked the outcome, then a Poll Crystal last year really doesn't make a difference. Honestly, people have to squash any kind of happiness on here.

Sure it applies, when you compare last years events to this years, the crystal which was offered now was the community choice crystal for $0.99. So while it's a different crystal this year, it's still the event representing the anniversary.

So maybe to some it doesn't apply, it is still the same event.

It's not I'm comparing the login calendars of the Anniversary to the Holiday calendar which we have not seen yet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Aleor wrote: »
    The current meta of the game is not the same for everyone. That entirely depends on where you're at. To someone who is focusing on 4*s because they don't have the Shards others do, that's worth the money. The current meta has become a blanket statement to devalue things far beyond what their realistic value within the meta is.

there is current meta state of the game. you can start a new account and progress to 5* place pretty fast, just grind arena to get some of newer damage dealer like domino or ss, and even with a 3* you can do hero and master difficulty is you have some skill. denying existence of common meta of the game seems silly to me

Oh, there is a meta. It's not nearly as advanced as people believe. When the current meta is mentioned, it's in reference to the belief that 4*s no longer have a value, and that's not at all the reality of it. Most people are looking through their own goggles, and while 4*s may be less of a concern at their point of progression, that's not the same for others. Someone who as already played the game can start an Account and progress quite rapidly, given their previous knowledge of the game. Someone who just picked it up is a different story. Since the introduction of 6*s, there seems to be a general belief that a 4* is worth the same as a 3* now. That's not applicable to everyone in the game. That's a statement to where people are at. A 4* still has value to those starting out, and the point where they don't have value doesn't exist in the actual meta.
    JollyHawk wrote: »
    Can we wait to complain until we actually see what the XMas calendar entails? And if I remember correctly the .99 crystal and special arena were later in December last year. So let's see what comes out between now and then.....

The crystal which comes later in the month comes along with the gifting event. It has all the champs that were released during the year.
  • last year we had

.99 4 star voted by the players
    Road to a million arena where 2 star getting you to 1 million points gave you a 5 star crystal
    better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

Here are the issues with all this rhetoric:

If you're going to complain about free things, know what you're complaining about.

The 5* arena and the community choice crystal had absolutely nothing to do with the anniversary and everything to do with a campaign to reach 1 million likes on Facebook.

I understand people are gonna be grumpy because they wanna be just that, but hardly anyone has checked themselves on this inaccurate comparison.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Whoever says Taskmaster is a garbage champ can’t play him.

But overall it’s been a good day with sig stones. Dumped a few extra in my 5* LC for chuckles

Funny. That's who I'm using mine on. He's my most recent Dup.
    last year we had

.99 4 star voted by the players
    Road to a million arena where 2 star getting you to 1 million points gave you a 5 star crystal
    better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

Here are the issues with all this rhetoric:

If you're going to complain about free things, know what you're complaining about.

The 5* arena and the community choice crystal had absolutely nothing to do with the anniversary and everything to do with a campaign to reach 1 million likes on Facebook.

I understand people are gonna be grumpy because they wanna be just that, but hardly anyone has checked themselves on this inaccurate comparison.

The 1 million likes event was part of the anniversary. It was to get 1 million likes on Facebook for the 3rd anniversary.

• I disagree that this was a historic day in MCOC history. Here's why.

New Titles? What use does that do for your account. 4* Taskmaster that is practically useless? The generic sig stones i will give credit that those can be useful later on. Silver Surfer looks great and got me hyped but let's see if they do him correctly and not mess it up like Sentry. $20 for a CHANCE to get a 4* champ is just not worth it in my opinion. a 4% chance to get a 4* chance doesn't even seem worth it to me. There have been much better deals given out by Kabam such as the $0.99 4* champ that others have mentioned above. The mastery core sale was a nice touch. The halls of fortune and halls of healing? Oh boy don't get me started. Kabam said in game that these would be going on from December 10 till January 17. I was hyped. I was so happy with the decision made by Kabam and was planning to get a bunch of gold and items to get me through 100% Labyrinth or Variant. Then what happens? They pull a Kabam of course...saying that they made a simple typo and it should be December 17 and not January 17. Well excuse me, but that's a low blow. If you make a mistake that helps the player (God Forbid) then the only right thing to do in my opinion is to just let it be and let us have our gold and items instead of changing it back because of their greedy perspective. The new 4 year calendar is an absolute disgrace and the profile picture is just as useful as a title (useless).

I ask that you look around and open your eyes before making such a big statement about Kabam making history.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
  • Aleor wrote: »

Or you can spend $20 and leapfrog past all that effort immediately.

But I'm curious just exactly how fast is "pretty fast." Why don't you roll a new account and determine just exactly how much play time and in how much calendar time it takes to get your first 5* champ. Since you can do this pretty fast, you should be able to knock this out in no time and report back.
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    @DavidAvenger20 you do realize that it is a guaranteed four star champ that is considered god tier right
    I disagree that this was a historic day in MCOC history. Here's why.

New Titles? What use does that do for your account. 4* Taskmaster that is practically useless? The generic sig stones i will give credit that those can be useful later on. Silver Surfer looks great and got me hyped but let's see if they do him correctly and not mess it up like Sentry. $20 for a CHANCE to get a 4* champ is just not worth it in my opinion. a 4% chance to get a 4* chance doesn't even seem worth it to me. There have been much better deals given out by Kabam such as the $0.99 4* champ that others have mentioned above. The mastery core sale was a nice touch. The halls of fortune and halls of healing? Oh boy don't get me started. Kabam said in game that these would be going on from December 10 till January 17. I was hyped. I was so happy with the decision made by Kabam and was planning to get a bunch of gold and items to get me through 100% Labyrinth or Variant. Then what happens? They pull a Kabam of course...saying that they made a simple typo and it should be December 17 and not January 17. Well excuse me, but that's a low blow. If you make a mistake that helps the player (God Forbid) then the only right thing to do in my opinion is to just let it be and let us have our gold and items instead of changing it back because of their greedy perspective. The new 4 year calendar is an absolute disgrace and the profile picture is just as useful as a title (useless).

I ask that you look around and open your eyes before making such a big statement about Kabam making history.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

You seriously thought they were going to run the Halls for a month?