**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do do want rank down tickets this December?

Comments

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    No
    @Werewrym Thanks
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Just STOP already!! Have a LITTLE gratitude and appreciation for all the massive amount of dedication, hard work, and the many improvements Kabam has already made over the past four years! They’ve given us the ability to alter how the game is played, through the devoloper content program, beta, and many other feedback forums.

So much is taken into consideration, done as well as they could, then fixed if needed. No ones perfect though, there will literally never be a game that makes everyone happy. Am I happy with MCOC?? Consedering I’ve been playing four years now, must be doing something right.

Do I “want” rank down tickets? Another yes. Do I NEED rank down tickets.. maybe.. if only because my roster reflects useless champs from a bygone era and my MD was maxed, plus other massive change that would have altered my decision to use precious class cats, yes I feel I may need one or five..

The “rank up 2015 gem” could be made into a “rank down 2016 gem” so it would be used in a more suitable manner for those that actually need it. Not saying it’s a must, because I am happy with this game and do appreciate how much love Kabam is & has shown for its player base.

Thanks for an awesome gift for Xmas, I’ve wanted Taskmaster :-) although.. 4* is like the new 3* so it’s basically a trophy. You could have thrown me Lobo Santa Clause and I would have been just as satisfied.

Maybe a unique champ only available XMas day 24 hour login?? Like a surprise? It’s all up to Kabam though. I hate seeing posts about “nerf this” or “nerfed that” it just freaks me out in a freaky way that’s freakin uncool and freakishly uncalled for so don’t freak out and happy holidays to yahs all.

Rank that down.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Yes
    Of course i DO! I don't expect them though.

I'm okay without them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    No
    What is the point of RDT's? I honestly don't know

You may have been asking a valid question, but this is my sentiment. The game is built around earning, and/or purchasing, Champs and the materials to Rank them. I don't work for Resources just to Rank Champs, so I can take them down again. It's counterproductive. Honestly, we have to live with our choices and move on. If I was waiting on Tickets, I'd never play the game to earn more Resources.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    Yes
    It's be nice of Kabam if they gift/sell at least ONE rank down ticket so we might have a small opportunity to readjust some champs. This wasn't a good year for the players anyways with multiple issues, lots of items and money spent. I think we deserve one.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    What is the point of RDT's? I honestly don't know

You may have been asking a valid question, but this is my sentiment. The game is built around earning, and/or purchasing, Champs and the materials to Rank them. I don't work for Resources just to Rank Champs, so I can take them down again. It's counterproductive. Honestly, we have to live with our choices and move on. If I was waiting on Tickets, I'd never play the game to earn more Resources.

1 - no-one is ranking champs JUST to rank them down again.
    2 - NO-ONE in the history of the game has EVER stopped earning ranking resources because they're waiting to use RDTs.
    Apart from those two awful, awful statements, you're absolutely right.

Yet we come here month after month and the requests for Tickets keep coming. Which means people are either Ranking with the expectation of a do-over, or they're focusing more on a fast track than earning them. Choices. We make choices. Then we use those choices to earn more and Rank different Champs. The point is, with the Tickets, you can just bypass weeks and months of playing to earn materials. What's the point of playing? That's my point.

We get it - you don't agree with RDTs. Lots of us DO want them, for various reasons - hard to get cats can expire, RNG can gut punch you in the face, Kabam can AT ANY TIME change anything they want with the 'meta' of the game.
    I have a 5/50 Medusa that I ranked before I got my 5* Medusa. If I'd got the 5* first then naturally I'd have ranked that one first, and having a 5/50 hasn't meant that I've been able to do content that I wouldn't be able to do with a 3/45 Medusa. What's the problem with me reallocating the cats from one to another?
    No
    What's the problem? Well, there are a number.
    1. The game is not designed that way. We don't get to redo Ranking. Progression is one-way.
    2. People need to make choices wisely and live with them. They discourage people from learning how to choose wisely and take responsibility for their own reasoning.
    3. It contradicts the whole point of the game, which is to earn the Resources needed to Rank, through a number of modes.
    4. Once they're given, it just feeds an insatiable expectation to have them, and every excuse is made. The meta, fixes, buffs, rarity of materials, new Champs being introduced, it never ends.
    5. It affects the financial aspect of the game because countless earnings are made through people playing game modes to earn Resources. Although not the sole reason, I would be a fool not to acknowledge it as an aspect.

I could probably go on.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying you are.
    It's not asking for 'free stuff'. We want refunds for the hard-earned materials that we spent in good faith on the logical and understandable assumption that champs would be worth the same now as they were when they were ranked up.
    Why should we have to live with our choices when Kabam can, and will, at any time make any change to any champ that they want to?

You buy a car today and in a year a better car comes out. Will a dealership give you a refund on your last purchase ? Kabam didn't nerf any champs and returned the resources spent on md if you ranked as mystic simply for defense that was your choice. I'm sure you probably also ranked a blade for attack. People had already found ways around md and the changes did nothing to alter the use of the champ. All the md changes did was give the playerbase what they were screaming for before blade was introduced to the contest. It fixed a mastery that was broken when used on defense. The same argument could be made by anyone who ranked a spiderman for defense since he was destroyed as an aw defender with the venom buff or iwim since people learned how to fight him with his auto block. Life is about making choices and living with those decisions stop begging for rank down tickets to correct your bad choices
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    I’m more towards the anti RDT side but I could see why a once a year distribution of maybe one ticket is justifiable. There are only so many resources you can earn for rank ups, excluding offers for money. If we just take a look at T2A from permanent content only, you get 4 from Act 4 exploration, 5 from Act 5 completion, 4 from LOL completion, and 8 from LOL exploration totaling 21. Now with those 21 you could choose to have 5 4/55, 1 5/65 and 2 4/55, or 2 5/65. If you obtained these resources and allocated them right away (who wouldn’t unless you have no viable champs to rank), you would be ranking older champs. In Act 4 days you would probably be ranking SL, Magik, Ultron, Antman (thorns defense), Jugg, OG Spiderman, etc. However if you are a new player finishing Act 4 now, you have far better options with new champs. Newer champs are designed with far more utility, abilities, and power than original champs. This puts newer players ahead in progression because they have much better options to rank with Sabretooth, Killmonger, Domino, Ghost, Void, and CAIW. So what are older players supposed to do? Just hold onto resources forever while champs continue to get devalued more and more? When is the “appropriate” time to rank? If everyone knew abilities were going to be more powered up and dwarf any champ we’ve known in the game to date, do you think people would have ranked Juggs, OG Spidey, or any other obsolete defender? Basically people with an R4 Jugg just has wasted resources just sitting collecting dust because Jugg is no longer a good defender. The game is constantly shifting and making older champs obsolete. So what happens to those resources people worked for? They just go to waste? There is basically no incentive to rank champs then because you are always waiting for the next best thing.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Yes
    @Kabam Miike is there possibility that this can happen?
  • D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    No
    Stop asking already
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Yes
    Yesss i need one badly
    No
    Kb2_4 wrote: »
    What's the problem? Well, there are a number.
    1. The game is not designed that way. We don't get to redo Ranking. Progression is one-way.
    2. People need to make choices wisely and live with them. They discourage people from learning how to choose wisely and take responsibility for their own reasoning.
    3. It contradicts the whole point of the game, which is to earn the Resources needed to Rank, through a number of modes.
    4. Once they're given, it just feeds an insatiable expectation to have them, and every excuse is made. The meta, fixes, buffs, rarity of materials, new Champs being introduced, it never ends.
    5. It affects the financial aspect of the game because countless earnings are made through people playing game modes to earn Resources. Although not the sole reason, I would be a fool not to acknowledge it as an aspect.

I could probably go on.

How do rank ups or down affect financial aspects of the game....they dont. You make it seem like the spenders who buy items to rank up champs or pay to get through content first woudlnt still continue to do so. Unless of course you're saying someone would rank down then re rank a different champ for a certain path quest etc etc. The majority wait them. You dont...that's awesome and great for you. I'm proud of you good job on making the best choices all the time. The game is about progression and the rate at which the needed resources to rank up champs isnt very good. That is unless your in a top group that has a stranglehold on the game and just dont want others to gain any ground.

Stop and think of the amount of revenue generated by running game modes for Resources or purchasing them. It's in the thousands, yearly.
    No
    I'm changing my vote to "yes". I don't really care, but if we get one for Christmas it'll be a blow to the Staunchly Opposed crowd lol

I suppose I would be one of those, but on principle alone. Doesn't affect me personally if people get them. I'll still use mine for Level-Up. Lol. Take down the Champ, Level them again. The bigger issue for me is the other 364 days people ask. XD