**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Death Squads

Pittbull745Pittbull745 Posts: 38
edited July 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
The Death Squads are ridiculous and need to be removed. I think we all know Kabam wants us to buy units, but when u guys hose us in an arena by matching us with one of your unbeatable (even with a boost) death squads, the last thing I’m gonna do is spend money in this pathetic money-grab-excuse-for-a-glitch-ridden-game.

While the list of stuff y’all are trying to fix is, well,...let’s just say “long”; further alienating your customers (players [that’s us]), isn’t exactly a brilliant business model. If y’all have these Death Squads in place on purpose, but fix it or post the dang rules in the game!!!! Another option would be to post the name and physical address of genius who started this boondoggle. Your choice.....
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    There are very simple ways to prevent these death squads. Once you are locked into an infinite streak, the difficulty stops inreasing pretty much. But you have to keep above a minimum pi or rank of your champions. If you choose champs that are lower than thus minimum, you get punished by death squads.

In reality, the deathsquads aren't really even all that hard to beat. Just intercept, bait specials and most importantly, don't get hit. They may look difficult a seem a bit intimidating, but the award significantly more points for their defeat. Good luck to you.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I regularly lt up ~2,000,000 points in each of the 4*b 4*f and the 5* arenas. I will have to “buy” new fights once maybe twice per arena. So 3-9 times total. And I don’t see what the big deal is. One, I make back all the units spent via milestone. And two, I I take care to understand that more and more people have 5/65’s and thus the requirement for avoiding death squads have gone up. So I adjust my teams to make sure I am where I need to be.

Maybe you can look into changing the teams you make for each series? A small modification will help you avoid the harder “death squad” teams. And if you do face one spending milestone units to refresh may be a viable option as well.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Just my two cents, noticed death squads appear when champ PI is below 3k per head.

Boosting wont trick the game but would help beating them (i was boosted from war and aq, so headed to arena to try it out - busted but got thru)

Seems no other way but either rank em to 2 or dupe them to make em 3k
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I have yet to see a death squad in arenas and I run all milestones in both the 4* basic and featured arenas as well as all catalyst arenas. Is this only happening in certain arenas?
  • brucef8bringerbrucef8bringer Posts: 107
    30 wins into 4* featured arena. I picked a team of awakened 4* 3/30 so I would have thought to be faced off against similar teams but no I got death-matched against 5 stars.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    ayzf5lduhcgo.png

My champs were 5* r1 (2/3 we’re awakened & 3/3 we’re above 3k). So I’m a disabled Veteran with Hughesnet & doing the best I can, but don’t have deep pockets. This was the 6* arena. If there’s some way to avoid Death Squads, it’s Kabam’s responsibility to publish (per arena if varies).

It is not Kabam's responsibility to tell the players how to beat the game.

However, I do have a suggestion. When you grind arena, do you always pick the top choice of the three teams you're presented with? I mean every time, no matter how easy the others look, no matter what sort of class or other advantage you think you have? If you do not, please try to do that next time as an experiment.

Also, when you get down to your last few sets of 5* champions, try this. Instead of using them "in order" try taking two 5* champs with slightly higher rating, say 3400s, and adding one of those champs to them. Do that for your last three teams. In other words, work backwards and when you are down to your last nine 5* champs (assuming the ones shown above are the bottom three) use them in this order, assuming they were numbered from 9 to 1 descending (with Spider-Gwen as "1" at the bottom). 981, 762, 543.

Doing both of these strategies combined, I have yet to draw a death match in four consecutive arena events and at least thirty "cycles" of using all my 5* champs. I would be curious to know if this works for anyone else besides me.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    I've run into the same issue in 6* arena. It seems to occur randomly when using R1 5* champs. Sometimes 3 R1's trigger a death squad and sometimes they don't. Most of my arena is grinding for battlechips and some 5* rank rewards so i usually stop using R1 after extended streak is reached
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    ayzf5lduhcgo.png

My champs were 5* r1 (2/3 we’re awakened & 3/3 we’re above 3k). So I’m a disabled Veteran with Hughesnet & doing the best I can, but don’t have deep pockets. This was the 6* arena. If there’s some way to avoid Death Squads, it’s Kabam’s responsibility to publish (per arena if varies).

It is not Kabam's responsibility to tell the players how to beat the game.

However, I do have a suggestion. When you grind arena, do you always pick the top choice of the three teams you're presented with? I mean every time, no matter how easy the others look, no matter what sort of class or other advantage you think you have? If you do not, please try to do that next time as an experiment.

Also, when you get down to your last few sets of 5* champions, try this. Instead of using them "in order" try taking two 5* champs with slightly higher rating, say 3400s, and adding one of those champs to them. Do that for your last three teams. In other words, work backwards and when you are down to your last nine 5* champs (assuming the ones shown above are the bottom three) use them in this order, assuming they were numbered from 9 to 1 descending (with Spider-Gwen as "1" at the bottom). 981, 762, 543.

Doing both of these strategies combined, I have yet to draw a death match in four consecutive arena events and at least thirty "cycles" of using all my 5* champs. I would be curious to know if this works for anyone else besides me.

That's what I've been doing. The Total PI required has shifted because of the addition of R5 5*s, so I use the lower end of my Roster in combination with 2 higher PI Champs. It's the safest way. Of course, it's also useful to be able to deal with the Deathmatches no matter who you use. I found Quests are a good place to practice. If you can deal with strong AI in Quests, you can deal with the Arena. Vice Versa as well.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    No
  • MaldorovMaldorov Posts: 19
    Wow, just wow
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    3fpxqmkn3bqj.jpg

It's possible to beat deathmatches. You just have to play with more skills,
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I will trigger death squads on purpose with the right champs. Other than that I literally never get them. If you are getting them you are doing it wrong lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Pittbull745 it's been established for awhile now that you need a r2 5* with your r1s. I usually grab 2 r2s or one and a higher r1 to go with my lowest. Continue down the line grabbing one R2 and 2 r1s. Never get death matches.