**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena grind vs rewards

hey kabam, first i want to say that i do enjoy this game very much. several of my co workers and myself have spent many an hour, not to mention quite a few dollars in your game. we have gotten more than a little frustrated with the arenas. we all have put in a serious grind into one of the 3 day arenas to try to get us a new 4 star hero only to find out that the winning 10% players have such a rediculousley high score that it is disheartening . it is enough to make one pull away from the game. i have seen several youtube videos and posts about the same subject. can you look into this situation or at very leastput out some type of comment as to why you will not open up the brackets so that more of us players can gain the rewards of our hours of game play.

Comments

• ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    I hate grinding, but I don't have a problem doing it if I want the champ badly. I can score 11-12m no worries without boosts or units.

In saying that, I feel it would be possible for kabam to create some mathematical system to put the basic 4* in the milestone rewards instead of the rank rewards.

They have tons of data based on past arenas, they know which champs are popular and which are plain garbage. They could also apply "inflation" of 1% or something with each new arena to account for everyone's progression and roster growth.

I think it's very bad for the longevity of the game to have hundreds, if not thousands of people missing out on the champ by <500k points. Especially when they burned a whole weekend to score something like 6m.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Maybe some 4* generic sig stones at the 150k mark
    I think if they made the basic champ a 5 mil milestone it'll work out fine. Many still wouldn't put in the time
  • jstgoofyjstgoofy Posts: 2
    i dont mind grinding for 3 days to get a champ. i have tried doing so several time s since starting this game. my highest score that i have been able to achieve was 2.6 and i got no champ. to make it to 6 million or more i would have to forgo sleep and all other aspects of my life for that 3 days and that is unreasonable. i agree that the champs should be a milestone reward with maybe awakening gems or shards for rank rewards
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    if your highest ever score was 2.6m you probably dont have a big enough roster to be going for popular basics work on the other parts of the game focus on getting 1.6-1.7m per basic arena for the 500-200 shard rewards and soon you will have a roster big enough to work with to get those higher scores
  • ctp1223 wrote: »
    Arena scores are high because of pure panic. "Hyperion was 6.4m? I have to go higher for GP." And it repeats.

The CUTOFF however is different. It really does have to do with the pool of players. For those who do not know the math behind it (skip if you know):

In any arena that offers a champion within a certain percentage, it winners of the champion are in that percentage bracket SOLELY based upon the total number of players who enter the bracket for ranked rewards (for ex. Basic Arena is 150,000 pts and I will use this to explain further.) For example say you have a total of 136,700 people playing in the arena, and they all score at least 150,000 points. The person that ranked the lowest which is 136,700, aka, the person who scores 150,000 points determines the cutoff of the 1-10% bracket. Taking 10% of 136,700 players is 13,670 players. So anyone who has that rank of 13,670 or higher will get the champion. How do we get more players to get the champion? More players need to place to get a rank. If 200,000 players score at least 150,000, then 20,000 players will get the champion.

TL:DR

How do we get more players in? Make the milestone rewards more enticing. Even if it is just the150k milestone. Make em an offer they can't refuse. However Kabam needs to keep the game competitive. Everyone can not get the champ.

KABAM needs to keep the game earning money. They do a great job baiting us to use our Special Cash Abilities ;)
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    If you want champion you desire, start with some unpopular 4* champions first to build up your roster. Those 4* champion usually has lower cutoff. 2.6mil usually can get your some 4* basic in arena already. If you only compete in more popular 4* and complain about it, I am sorry that you did this the wrong way.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    I have a 4* gwenpool I'd loved to have her duped but I just can't grind it. If you can kudos. I'd still appreciate and alternate way besides the rng.

even with ZERO arena grinding you can get steady stream of 4* champs. (grinding arena will make it faster).

join an active alliance that is participating in the events that get you shards. if your alliance is less active than you, join another. there are plenty of alliances full of members that have your same activity level.

this was how i build up my roster so that later i could grind arena.

also, i am using the same method to build up roster so that i can grind in feature arena (not there yet).
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    Start with champion "you do not like" in arena to build up your roster. Usually those have low cut off.
    Complete all events to get shards and units (at least to the point where you can get units).
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    It's always been a massive grind to get heroes in arena, but the simple thing is to enter the arena that suits your roster. I did the 2&3* roster last time and even with only 18 3* guys got in the top 25%. Not enough to get the hero, but enough to win a few shards.

And in the 2* arena I can finish top 10% every time as I have 40+. It is pointless entering any others.
  • People have been complaining about arena scores since the beginning, and its always the people who aren't putting in the work.

I put up over 7m in the basic arena and earned GP, and I still think that the cutoffs have gotten rather ridiculous.
  • NoCharlesNoCharles Posts: 40
    They have gotten too high. I think there should be a restriction towards basic arena the people with more than 30 4*s shouldn't be allowed as they can easily do featured.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    NoCharles wrote: »
    They have gotten too high. I think there should be a restriction towards basic arena the people with more than 30 4*s shouldn't be allowed as they can easily do featured.

Yes. Let's restrict players who are active or have been playing long enough to have a big roster, yet may be missing a specific champ who is available as the basic champ by telling them "Hey you have too many champs so you are forbidden from getting a basic arena champ ever!"

Best idea I've heard today....NOT!
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    edited July 2017
    Arena scores aren't too high, you just don't like playing it enough. People have been complaining about arena scores since the beginning, and its always the people who aren't putting in the work. I don't ever see the guys who win feature after feature on here complaining that its too much work.

Im sorry but thats very arrogant to say. I just spent 3 days grinding for Gwenpool day in and day out, keeping my phone on charge all 3 days, getting up at 3am and constantly grinding until 10pm every day. I spent money to buy units to refresh constantly.
    I only landed 5.9 million. I didnt see Gwenpool at all.
    The winners were between 6.9 and 11 million.
    Some people have larger rosters than mine or might be slightly better/faster in fights.. then there are botters too...
    So you wanna say that I didnt put in the hard work?
    Also I juggle work, education, 2 kids and my life. I cant just sit on my phone every day 24/7.

I agree, the brackets need to be extended and the milestones need to be increased as well as the reward base.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I think I deserve to win a marathon. I don't want to train for it or even run all 26 miles of it. Maybe like walk 3 or 4 miles?? Can I still get the gold medal?
  • explorershaneexplorershane Posts: 34
    I think I deserve to win a marathon. I don't want to train for it or even run all 26 miles of it. Maybe like walk 3 or 4 miles?? Can I still get the gold medal?

This analogy, which I see people using a lot ... is nonsense.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited July 2017
    I'm not a grinder - I don't really have the time, and to be honest, I find it too repetitive and boring.

I'll happily hit the 1.1 million needed for t4b, because that's very easy to do with my roster and can be done at a casual pace. But I don't grind for the "must-have" champs - it's too much of a time suck.

I'll admit, though, this puts me at a disadvantage. I've been playing for 2+ years now and there are still tons of champs I'd love to have that I don't, even more I'd like to duped. There are members of alliances I've been in that have been playing for half the time and have twice the roster because they put in the effort to grind. It's not for everyone (it's not for me) but if you're going to decide to do it you cant be half-assed - you have to put in a weekend to do it, like the guys I know do.

It's also, probably, worth me saying that the last time I grinded was for Hyperion - I got hit by the android outage and just missed the cut-off by like 100k or something. It really put a dark cloud over the experience for me and I decided that my time is better spent elsewhere.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

This analogy, which I see people using a lot ... is nonsense.

You, and most people who **** about missing out in arenas, clearly don't understand what a contest is.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    If you're an Android user, every score is high

The sheer amount of time lost on slow load screens and slow help requests is ridiculous.

It was mostly fixed 13.0 then 5 hours later they killed the android server and its back to where it's been for months
    edited July 2017
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    I think if they made the basic champ a 5 mil milestone it'll work out fine. Many still wouldn't put in the time

Right great you just raised the cutoff on lesser champs by 3 million locking out newer players building their roster..

That's the problem you don't wanna do 7m fine but to say let's raise the bad champs cut?.
    Glad you want your way but screwing others isn't the way to get it.
    I have every 4 star so yea

Was just an option, Kabam doesn't want everyone to have the champs from arena so you can't make the cutoff too low. I think 5m is reasonable and it guarantees the champion. I put up 5+ million in the old arena system when I was newer so it can be done. Of course it took time and units but it was done.

But since you didn't like that how about 5m for first time basic champ and 3m for older basics? Or what do you think would be a better solution?

If your roster is 200k you get 1 million head start XD
    18 mil is crazy.