**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If we get RDTs this month.. if. [Merged Threads]

EazypickinsEazypickins Posts: 18
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
If we do get RDTs this month, I could rank up to 5/65 one of the following 4, and I always like hearing thoughts from the community. So, to the four (all are duped).. Corvus Glaive, Dr Voodoo, Hulk Rag, or OG Vision. I've got a lot of T4 CCs in many categories, just need the 4 T2 Alphas. I am leaning towards CG, since he is my top one, but I know when he runs out of glaives, he is pretty weak. Certainly a lot of pros and cons to each of these 4. I welcome your thoughts and inputs on this.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    Not getting them so your post is a waste

Why didt ther so fav them out last year had to. Say you point is invalid yes we did game them last year one Xmas days
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Planning for future rank ups is great. More posts about rank down tickets that we have been told are not coming by mods in more posts than I can recall is the waste.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Alright so that's Reed Richards down

• Gamer wrote: »

Why didt ther so fav them out last year had to. Say you point is invalid yes we did game them last year one Xmas days

Can't expect it to be the same every year
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

Can't expect it to be the same every year

I’m don’t either but somone can stil hav hops
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Planning for future rank ups is great. More posts about rank down tickets that we have been told are not coming by mods in more posts than I can recall is the waste.

So tired of "RDT plz" posts. They were everywhere after the change to MD. Now they are everywhere AGAIN now that the holidays are coming. Frankly I hope we never see them again unless Kabam makes massive changes to champs a la 12.0 changes to Thor, SW, Strange, etc.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    If we do I would be split into Iceman or Magik for 5/65. Who should I do? Leaning towards iceman.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    CG would be my choice

As for the "I'm sick of RTD" posts. IF KABAM ever hands those out, please don't hand them out to all of the ^ them. All they have to do is move along when they read a post about RTD.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    If we do get RDTs all I want is to hear from players who've been telling Kabam how to do their job by saying we aren't getting them. One of Kabam Miike's recent comments neither confirms nor denies RDTs will be given out again:
    Hey All,

Hey all,

I am not going to disclose what we have planned/if we have anything planned as a gift later this year. I know everybody is curious, but I also know that everybody has different opinions on what they would like to receive, or what they think others would like.

We're going to close this thread down, because it has gone very negative, very quickly.

When I read this comment it made me think. Usually if they’re not doing something they say they have no plans to do so and so at this time. This post doesn’t follow that and doesn’t reject RDTs being handed out. Does it mean something? 🤔
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    If we do get RDTs all I want is to hear from players who've been telling Kabam how to do their job by saying we aren't getting them. One of Kabam Miike's recent comments neither confirms nor denies RDTs will be given out again:
    Hey All,

Hey all,

I am not going to disclose what we have planned/if we have anything planned as a gift later this year. I know everybody is curious, but I also know that everybody has different opinions on what they would like to receive, or what they think others would like.

We're going to close this thread down, because it has gone very negative, very quickly.

When I read this comment it made me think. Usually if they’re not doing something they say they have no plans to do so and so at this time. This post doesn’t follow that and doesn’t reject RDTs being handed out. Does it mean something? 🤔

They are playing head games with you! Tread carefully...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

No clue. I try not to add meaning to comments that isn't clearly there, though that comment is at odds with players claiming that Kabam has said over and over that RDTs won't be given out again.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Hey All,

Hey all,

Thankfully I have no stake in the RDT fight so I won’t be affected.
    Hey All,

Hey all,

The only reason I could use them is to reinvest catalysts from my 4* champions into my 5* champions... I have a r4 Domino, but 0 t4 mutant catalysts and haven't been able to pull one for a while now... I'm sure the 3 that I get this month will not be mutant.
    Hey All,

Hey all,

The only reason I could use them is to reinvest catalysts from my 4* champions into my 5* champions... I have a r4 Domino, but 0 t4 mutant catalysts and haven't been able to pull one for a while now... I'm sure the 3 that I get this month will not be mutant.

RNG. Thou art a cruel and heartless....mistress.
    Hey All,

Hey all,

RNG. Thou art a cruel and heartless....mistress.

The real enemy of summoners is not Maestro, not Thanos, and not even the Collector. It's RNG
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Y’all save them and rank up silver surfer when he comes. *shrugs* Pretty simple really
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

We got them last year and we will again, no matter how much stess they give some people lol.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    The rdt's are trash now though you don't get everything you invested unlike the old ones.
    Hey All,

Hey all,

This is why we SHOULDN'T get them. No massive changes were made to characters. Players are just bummed that they ranked a champ and now have better ones to rank so they want the catalysts back. That's lazy. Earn the catalysts again and you have more champs that are at a higher rank.

As we've seen, sometimes old champs become useful again; it's not all about God-tier champs. Magneto and Juggernaut/UC were helpful against Emma Frost. OG DD is really useful against Darkhawk.
    Hey All,

Hey all,

This is why we SHOULDN'T get them. No massive changes were made to characters. Players are just bummed that they ranked a champ and now have better ones to rank so they want the catalysts back. That's lazy. Earn the catalysts again and you have more champs that are at a higher rank.

As we've seen, sometimes old champs become useful again; it's not all about God-tier champs. Magneto and Juggernaut/UC were helpful against Emma Frost. OG DD is really useful against Darkhawk.

You’re kidding right? People didn’t actually use those champs to fight Emma. She didn’t need a specific counter, just practice and reconditioning your evade a little. Same with Darkhawk, no specific counter is needed for him.
    Hey All,

Hey all,

You’re kidding right? People didn’t actually use those champs to fight Emma. She didn’t need a specific counter, just practice and reconditioning your evade a little. Same with Darkhawk, no specific counter is needed for him.

Yeah, they did in some instances. Certainly not everyone did it. I took my OG DD into Darkhawk and it made the fight 100x easier.

You are missing the bigger point, though. RDT should only be given out when major changes are made like they did to champs in 12.0; to beg for them with every little change is nonsense. Yes, we got them last year as a gift. If they do it again, great. But people constantly begging for them and creating new threads every day is not going to suddenly make Kabam say "Yes. Now there are 4638 threads asking for RDT. We hit our goal. Now we'll give them to players".

I honestly hope we don't get them, though. You want the resources to rank up your new 5* Corvus or Blade or Sparky or whoever? Go out and grind and earn them or buy them (if so inclined) like you do for every champ you have. But way too many people want them because they ranked an older champ and got someone better they want to rank. That's lazy.
  • EazypickinsEazypickins Posts: 18
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I certainly see both sides of the discussion, for and against getting RDTs as some sort of gift from Kabam. If, as I said in title, if they do give them, then great, I'll certainly use it for roster adjustments. If they don't, fine as well, I know what I need to do to get them, and that it will certainly take awhile to get the last few I need. I wasn't begging for them in my original post, simply asking for advice 'if' they were to give them to us, which champ would people think I should rank up. All good either way, as I'm a regular grinder in arenas and such, and certainly willing to pay $$ to get them a bit faster if need be. In hindsight, I should have bought 2 more of the $50 deal on cyber Monday, I only bought 1 of the 3, which I now regret to some degree.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t 5/65 Corvus I know a lot will disagree with me but he’s very limited on what he can do. You can’t fight him against buffet and if you don’t get the right missions he hits like pillow hands. Short bursts he’s outstanding.

Not to discredit how amazing of a champ he is, but 4/55 I think is perfect for him.

I would 5/65 vision if I were you. Immunity to bleed and poison, immunity to omega red, power control and a pretty balanced champ.

My second option would be voodoo. I have him and he does work.

Power control -drain and leak
    Regen
    Ability control

Outstanding champ.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    If we get them, I'm definitely taking my quadruple duped 5* Groot to r5.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Hey all,

Yeah, they did in some instances. Certainly not everyone did it. I took my OG DD into Darkhawk and it made the fight 100x easier.

You are missing the bigger point, though. RDT should only be given out when major changes are made like they did to champs in 12.0; to beg for them with every little change is nonsense. Yes, we got them last year as a gift. If they do it again, great. But people constantly begging for them and creating new threads every day is not going to suddenly make Kabam say "Yes. Now there are 4638 threads asking for RDT. We hit our goal. Now we'll give them to players".

I honestly hope we don't get them, though. You want the resources to rank up your new 5* Corvus or Blade or Sparky or whoever? Go out and grind and earn them or buy them (if so inclined) like you do for every champ you have. But way too many people want them because they ranked an older champ and got someone better they want to rank. That's lazy.

Agree that they should generally only be given for major changes like MD and AA nerfs lol. Agree with the absurdity of the constant RD posts. I don't even need one right now. But people like them and I think they ought to give us a couple for December.