**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Darkhawk interaction with Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited December 2018
    Same issue happening to me on Heroic. I started the fight, it crashed. Restarted the game and restarted the fight, it crashed. But then I powered down the phone entirely, restarted it, went back in and it worked that time. Went to fight him for the second pass, and all of that happened identically again. Had to power down again and restart.

The game is crashing a lot more often this month at a lot of different points in the game. But this is the only time where the exact same crash happens again at the exact same point after restarting the app.
  • TheBotTheBot Posts: 12
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    TheBot wrote: »
    i got a warning but atleast got some info from @Kabam Miike . they dont have any info. so its in the game teams hand and if we dont hear anything it means it wont be fixed soon. so asking questions has no point as it wont be adressed.

Well, they obviously know about it, the only question is, when it will be fixed. If it isn't fixed in a week or so, then, doubt it will be fixed since they will most likely have Christmas break and all that.

normally they come out and atleast acknowledge its a bug. since they havent done that yet i am quite sure we are not even close to getting a fix. but hoping to be suprised in a good way for once haha
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited December 2018
    Same issue happening to me on Heroic. I started the fight, it crashed. Restarted the game and restarted the fight, it crashed. But then I powered down the phone entirely, restarted it, went back in and it worked that time. Went to fight him for the second pass, and all of that happened identically again. Had to power down again and restart.

The game is crashing a lot more often this month at a lot of different points in the game. But this is the only time where the exact same crash happens again at the exact same point after restarting the app. However things may be getting worse. Today I'm in Act 4 and the game is crashing every time the "select your champ" screen tries to load the Symbiode picture on those ambush Symbiode nodes. But when I restart the game and go back in it works after that without requiring powering down the phone.

Phone: iPhone 6 Plus 64 gig
    Game: The latest version
    Playing on WIFI while connected to power.
  • I just did my first attempt against this champ... and it was nothing good. Sometimes I make mistakes, and I don't mind if I lose my whole team because a bad move I made, or a bug; but losing my team just because of this issue? Seriously, the lag is horrible at the start of the fight, and as others have said, it's enough time to be defeated by an unblockable champ.

And yeah, I'm using an Android device. Hope they can fix this asap.
  • I don't know if someone has commented this (probably, I haven't read all the comments), but it seems that the problem is related to him having two bars and being in Stealth mode. I faced him in Heroic, no lag at all; but in Master (and Uncollected I suppose), the lag starts at the beginning of the fight. The problem could be there, or not, but it's a curious thing.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    I sure hope we don't have to stare at this for 28 days, 17 hours and 22 mins.

@Kabam Lyra this isn't about lacking skill... 100% in everything else...
    If it can't be fixed, will we be awarded full rewards?

Using revives & pots makes 0 difference here, as soon as you start the fight again, the exact same thing happens, insta-KO because you can't move, no controls are working because the game is lagging so badly.

gczo7ixa5nuy.png
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    It is also crashing on heroic at dark hawk so i dont think its the buffs, seems to be just be the champion itself.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Savio444
    Device and Model: Ipad air
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.0
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    Sverytime I start a fight vs Darkhawk in Master or Uncollected there’ a slight glitch/lag. It makes it impossible to avoid the first hits and the unblockable just finishes you.

I run iPhone 7, latest iOs version and no issues with Wifi or cellular data to justify the lag. Particularly when it happens everybfrigging time.

I’ve played this game long enough to onow when it is my ohone or not. Full 4+ years
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I completely gave up on all of it after the first run though. My device lags when I fight several champs mostly darkhawk.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    I seriously hope Kabam fixes this and provides actual worthy compensation. This is beyond ridiculous. They are really earning the reputation of milking their players with bugs that go unfixed. Good to see they are still testing content before they release it.
  • Ultra_GalactusUltra_Galactus Posts: 35
    edited December 2018
    I have reached the darkhawk boss numerous times in the monthly quest with 5 full health champs (near enough) only to find that as soon as the game starts it just happens to "lag" as i try to evade and I'm hit and either taken out or almost, before ive even started. Next charachter same thing then again. I ran the map again, same issue, the "lag" just so happens to only occur in this one fight, coincidentally it's one that you have to evade from initially. I thought perhaps it was just me but several alliance members have had the same thing. I wondered if anyone else has had this and if so, is this Kabams new "bug" for the month after the Aegon fiasco that they only fixed once the event was almost over?
    Kabam please look into this as I've about 20 videos of it happening on just this fight there must be something in it. Thanks
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    Happended to me as well, 60%-80% of the time ( i restarted the path)

Device: Samsung galaxy J7+
    Strong Wifi
  • KILLA_KAILzKILLA_KAILz Posts: 19
    HUAWEI P20 lite
    Android 8.0.0
    Can't even fight against him and you guys made him unblockable fur no reason with an sp2 start... seems rigged but ok. Used up all my units which I'll never get back. Lags been going on for about a year
  • I use Huawei P20lite, android 8.0 system. Xtreme lag at the begining and always when he puts up his pink armour. I will not able to finish this event in this state, please try to fix this issue. Even in master mode needs 2team rev to finish the boss. I dont understand how you was able to launch this event without testing the main hero.
  • No word on this from moderators? This is very frustrating. Maybe it is expected that new content needs the newest Apple phones?
  • TheWitcherTheWitcher Posts: 36
    I think the same issue is for 5/10 player, dude...
  • Arcanis
    iPad Air 2 WiFi only
    iOS 12.1
    Game Version Installed: 21.1
    The 1º fight against Darkhawk is instant kill, the 2º fight is still very laggy, the match really starts after the 3º try.
    I’m sure the cause is the invisibility, because the same thing happens when Ghost activates her invisibility, but gladly its used for defense. I don’t know about the Hood because I never let him use his invisibility.
    Maybe this can be solved or minimized if Darkhawk is already invisible during the animation before the fight starts.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    No word on this from moderators? This is very frustrating. Maybe it is expected that new content needs the newest Apple phones?

If this is expected, then i suspect half of this game population would go play to other games ...
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Being forced to come to the foruns daily to see if there is a resolution to this problem is becoming tiresome, maybe we should try and reach out game youtoubers, game reviewers anyone really, because im fed up with this.
  • Dibley3087Dibley3087 Posts: 129
    Even on master mode, I lost an entire team at the begging of of the fight due to lag. I go to swipe back to start the process of baiting the L2 and just get wrecked. Ive beaten him 5 times master and once uncollected. It’s just a unnecessary pain to have to keep restarting the quest and using energy. I’m not spending revives just to get trolled repeatedly. Rant over 😁
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I figured this out after getting wrecked a couple times.

When you are running towards each other in the opening fight animation, when the text says FIGHT! Pause it, wait for 3 seconds, hit play, and there won’t be any lag.

This has worked 100% of the time for me.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Would be good if the unblockable at the start of the fight. Would compensate for the lag.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I tried to fight Darkhawk again and I’m only having lag issues on that one fight. I used an Apple IPad Mini 4. Any other fight is perfectly fine. It’s just the master mode Darkhawk that I’m having issue with
  • seanjohn7944seanjohn7944 Posts: 153
    I did a little testing on the lower Tiers. Anytime I attack into Darkhawk's stealth mode purple round energy shield the game slows down until the attack is complete. At that point it goes back to normal speed.

I also experience a lag when executing a parry in this mode. The game slows down at the point I parry and I am barely able to get 2 hits in during the stun (I have max stupefy/parry, all videos indicate I should be able to do a MLL combo).

When he drops into Armor mode (auto-block) and loses his purple layer the game functions as I would expect. The lag is gone and the animations are smooth.

Something with Darkhawk's stealth mode animation layer is sucking up GPU.

Tested with both:

Device: Samsung J3 Prime (SM-J327T)
    Android 7.0
    Using WiFi

Device: LG Nexus 5X
    Android 8.1.0
    Using Cellular and WiFi
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Funny... there was a post earlier in the General section indicating that if you pause the game at the start of the fight, and wait a few seconds the lag was not there anymore.
    That post is not here anymore. I didn't try it myself, doing it right now, but either it's working and Kabam doesn't want us to have a "in house" fix or it doesn't work and Kabam doesn't want us to fall for it. Either way, and since we have no official communication from Kabam I am trying it.

Edit: it doesn't work... :(
This discussion has been closed.