**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today, MCoC History was made

2»

Comments

• $20 for a CHANCE to get a 4* champ is just not worth it in my opinion. a 4% chance to get a 4* chance doesn't even seem worth it to me.

Separate from the fact that the thread moved past the thread title a while ago and as unlikely as the facts might be to your mood, I think you're confusing the Ironclad bundle with the Quality Quad bundle. The first offers 5 Iron Made crystals for $20 US, and those have only a chance to drop a 4* champion. The QQ bundle has a single terrific tetra crystal and it has a guaranteed 4* that is chosen from a pretty good list of champs: Archangel, Domino, Iceman, Wolverine, Blade, Gwenpool, Killmonger, Massacre, CapIW, Quake, Hulk Rag, Void, Dr. Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Magik, Scarlet Witch, Angela, Corvus, Hyperion, Medusa, Ghost, Sparky, Star Lord, and Vision AoU. All of them would be very helpful to a relatively new account or an account that doesn't have a well-developed 4* roster yet, which I'm pretty sure is a sizeable all players, and the overwhelming majority of players that started within a year.
  • LostReplica23LostReplica23 Posts: 183
    I agree, everyone is raging that the rewards aren’t good enough but at least Kabam is giving it to us.
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    MrBanks wrote: »
    Today was pretty big. Kabam deserves a lot of credit and praise for what they’ve done and everything they have committed to in the past month or so.

• New titles
    • 4* taskmaster with sig stones
    • Silver Surfer and Fantastic 4 announced
    • God tier 4* for $20
    • Day after mastery sale
    • Halls of Fortune
    • New daily calendar for 4th anniversary
    • New 4 year anniversary pfp

What more could we ask for? Thanks Kabam. Here’s to 2019.

EDIT: Duped my SW finally with the $20 deal today. I got her in 2015, couldn’t awaken her until now. Made today even better.

Bro The same crystal was 1$ last year the only thing better is taskmaster and not howard the duck
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Literally everything this year is better than last year when compared directly to the same event.

The $1 crystal and the road to a million arena were a part of the campaign to push social media likes and follows up to 1 milllion. Below is the link to that event.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/32788/drive-to-a-million-facebook-likes/p1

I understand the confusion, they were both run around the same time.

There's also greater rewards to be had in the holiday calendar typically.

So don't compare the $20 crystal with the $1 crystal, it was a special event, unlikely to be seen again
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    9000 t2A fragment this year....
    Last year we get a fully formed t2A.
    #dissapointment
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »
    #dissapointment

No, we didn't get a t2a from anniversary calendar, that was the holiday calendar. The holiday calendar is still to come.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »
    #dissapointment

That was actually that was the holiday calendar which hasn't been added yet.

• @DavidAvenger20 you do realize that it is a guaranteed four star champ that is considered god tier right

If you think Taskmaster is God Tier then I don't even know what to tell you...

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
  • I disagree that this was a historic day in MCOC history. Here's why.

New Titles? What use does that do for your account. 4* Taskmaster that is practically useless? The generic sig stones i will give credit that those can be useful later on. Silver Surfer looks great and got me hyped but let's see if they do him correctly and not mess it up like Sentry. $20 for a CHANCE to get a 4* champ is just not worth it in my opinion. a 4% chance to get a 4* chance doesn't even seem worth it to me. There have been much better deals given out by Kabam such as the $0.99 4* champ that others have mentioned above. The mastery core sale was a nice touch. The halls of fortune and halls of healing? Oh boy don't get me started. Kabam said in game that these would be going on from December 10 till January 17. I was hyped. I was so happy with the decision made by Kabam and was planning to get a bunch of gold and items to get me through 100% Labyrinth or Variant. Then what happens? They pull a Kabam of course...saying that they made a simple typo and it should be December 17 and not January 17. Well excuse me, but that's a low blow. If you make a mistake that helps the player (God Forbid) then the only right thing to do in my opinion is to just let it be and let us have our gold and items instead of changing it back because of their greedy perspective. The new 4 year calendar is an absolute disgrace and the profile picture is just as useful as a title (useless).

I ask that you look around and open your eyes before making such a big statement about Kabam making history.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

You seriously thought they were going to run the Halls for a month?

Probably not, but i'm saying if they make a mistake like they did then they should stick to it and help out the community by giving them the resources needed to go further in the game.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I disagree that this was a historic day in MCOC history. Here's why.

New Titles? What use does that do for your account. 4* Taskmaster that is practically useless? The generic sig stones i will give credit that those can be useful later on. Silver Surfer looks great and got me hyped but let's see if they do him correctly and not mess it up like Sentry. $20 for a CHANCE to get a 4* champ is just not worth it in my opinion. a 4% chance to get a 4* chance doesn't even seem worth it to me. There have been much better deals given out by Kabam such as the $0.99 4* champ that others have mentioned above. The mastery core sale was a nice touch. The halls of fortune and halls of healing? Oh boy don't get me started. Kabam said in game that these would be going on from December 10 till January 17. I was hyped. I was so happy with the decision made by Kabam and was planning to get a bunch of gold and items to get me through 100% Labyrinth or Variant. Then what happens? They pull a Kabam of course...saying that they made a simple typo and it should be December 17 and not January 17. Well excuse me, but that's a low blow. If you make a mistake that helps the player (God Forbid) then the only right thing to do in my opinion is to just let it be and let us have our gold and items instead of changing it back because of their greedy perspective. The new 4 year calendar is an absolute disgrace and the profile picture is just as useful as a title (useless).

I ask that you look around and open your eyes before making such a big statement about Kabam making history.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

You seriously thought they were going to run the Halls for a month?

Probably not, but i'm saying if they make a mistake like they did then they should stick to it and help out the community by giving them the resources needed to go further in the game.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

I don't think releasing that amount of highly valuable Resources into the game is a viable response to a typo.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Today was pretty big. Kabam deserves a lot of credit and praise for what they’ve done and everything they have committed to in the past month or so.

• New titles
    • 4* taskmaster with sig stones
    • Silver Surfer and Fantastic 4 announced
    • God tier 4* for $20
    • Day after mastery sale
    • Halls of Fortune
    • New daily calendar for 4th anniversary
    • New 4 year anniversary pfp

What more could we ask for? Thanks Kabam. Here’s to 2019.

EDIT: Duped my SW finally with the $20 deal today. I got her in 2015, couldn’t awaken her until now. Made today even better.

list]
    [*] New titles //been done monthly
    [*] 4* taskmaster with sig stones //garbage champ
    [*] Silver Surfer and Fantastic 4 announced //not official
    [*] God tier 4* for $20 //was a dollar last year
    [*] Day after mastery sale //was decent
    [*] Halls of Fortune //meh i have 10m but I get it
    [*] New daily calendar for 4th anniversary //see forum threads complaining for answers
    [*] New 4 year anniversary pfp pfp? I guess I dont understand this one
    [/list]

That said they dont deserve hate either but praise seems like alot

The 3rd year was much better. This year it seems the rewards were a step back, not unlike cyber monday, with the deals reflecting the 4 years. Not much effort looks like went into it. They know that free scaps people will love them, no matter how little they are or irrelevant the rewards are for a player playing for at least 2 years.
    I say how about we are able to hold 50 ptions and revives? Remember when there was no limit? Or increase the drop rate of Featured crystals , shard based to 35% and unit ones to at least 2%. That would be something lol.
  • @DavidAvenger20 you do realize that it is a guaranteed four star champ that is considered god tier right

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

I think he thinks he's responding to the fact that you said there's only a chance at a 4*, when in fact the four year anniversary offer is a guaranteed 4*, and Taskmaster is not one of the options of the crystal in question.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    @DavidAvenger20 you do realize that it is a guaranteed four star champ that is considered god tier right

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

It’s a free 4 star. A free 4 star is better than nothing at all. I’m pretty sure we would all be happy with a 3* KK over literally thin air
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Don’t listen to anyone telling you to spend 20 dollars on a 4* Champ that’s useless outside of the arena and Act 4. It’s not worth it 5 dollars maybe but 20 dollars Nope
  • Blax4ever wrote: »
    Don’t listen to anyone telling you to spend 20 dollars on a 4* Champ that’s useless outside of the arena and Act 4. It’s not worth it 5 dollars maybe but 20 dollars Nope

Personally, I think Starbucks coffee is a far bigger ripoff but people get to decide for themselves how to spend their money.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Last year the £20 offer was £1 or $ depending on location. They also ran that 2* arena with a 5* crystal as a final milestone. Thiz year us not as good as last year, kabam are going backwards
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Useless title
    Useless champ
    Nerfed Gold Realms
    Lousy Halls
    Lousy calender

...but that's just me. Hope yall enjoy the free gifts. Really are good if you can put them to use.
  • MrBanks wrote: »
    @DavidAvenger20 you do realize that it is a guaranteed four star champ that is considered god tier right

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

It’s a free 4 star. A free 4 star is better than nothing at all. I’m pretty sure we would all be happy with a 3* KK over literally thin air

I understand and am not complaining about a free 4*. i'll gladly take it. I'm just saying maybe the loyal player base deserves more. The monthly calendar is free stuff for just logging in, but it isn't great and neither is the 4 year anniversary calendar. Sure we got Halls of Healing and Fortune, but it's only for 1 week when they said at first it would be for a little more than a month. I don't want to go on a rant, but i'm sure you see where i'm coming from.

As an end game player i want to feel appreciated for my loyalty to playing this game with great rewards and fun content... that's all i ask.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    CLearly you don't remember the anniversary event last yer it was better than this year
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    last year we had

.99 4 star voted by the players
    Road to a million arena where 2 star getting you to 1 million points gave you a 5 star crystal
    better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

EXACTLY 👏👏👏
  • MrBanks wrote: »

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

I understand and am not complaining about a free 4*. i'll gladly take it.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20

I understand and am not complaining about a free 4*. i'll gladly take it. I'm just saying maybe the loyal player base deserves more.

Imo a 4* Taskmaster is better than a 4* Crystal. You would probably just get a Colossus sent your way. Taskmasters good, lol, if you think hes trash, you havent used him very much.

Whether it's Taskmaster or Colossus honestly it doesn't matter to me. 4*s are becoming more and more irrelevant as the game moves forward. They're both useless besides maybe arena in my opinion as an end game player. Oh and i'll gladly take a 4* crystal over 4* Taskmaster anyday... at least it gives me a shot at adding some signature levels on champs that actually clear content in the game.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Mcoc? Making history? Good one.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    last year we had

Road to a million arena where 2 star getting you to 1 million points gave you a 5 star crystal
    better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

Agreed. This year is garbage compared to last year.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    last year we had

better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

Neither of those 2 things were to do with the aniversary. It was a seperate event that happened to take place at the same time.
    Your prolly also mixing up the holiday calendar with the aniversary calendar as many others including myself have
  • "4*s are becoming more and more irrelevant as the game moves forward."

"Oh and i'll gladly take a 4* crystal over 4* Taskmaster anyday... at least it gives me a shot at adding some signature levels on champs that actually clear content in the game."

That's a little too contradictory for me.

I don't get to choose what Kabam gives us. If they want to give us a 4* then it is what it is. If I did get a say i'd at least choose a champ that all summoners could actually put to use instead of a lame irrelevant 4* Taskmaster. As mentioned above, 4*s are becoming more and more irrelevant, but the God champs such as Blade, Stark Spiderman, etc. are still clearing tough content. With time, they too will become irrelevant and 5*s will be needed to complete the hardest content in the game.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    last year we had

better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

Neither of those 2 things were to do with the aniversary. It was a seperate event that happened to take place at the same time.
    Your prolly also mixing up the holiday calendar with the aniversary calendar as many others including myself have

Wrong. The road to 1M was for the anniversary. Everything in december before the holidays is what I'm talking about. This year is garbage compared to last.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    last year we had

better calenders
    both halls

step down big time

Wrong. The road to 1M was for the anniversary. Everything in december before the holidays is what I'm talking about. This year is garbage compared to last.

Your wrong. Road to 1mil had to do with 1 million likes on facebook. Nothing to do with the anniversary. Learn something before you tell people they are wrong.