**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is there a point to the DarkHawk nodes?

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
I am in no way complaining about the difficulty.

I am just curious if there’s a “lesson” to be had here.

Emma forced us to get familiar with her controls by throwing special after special, Omega taught us how to fight him without wussing out, and Red Skull’s adaptive nearly spelt out “yes I use Buffs a lot, yes that’s something you should exploit”

I am highly curious if the nodes on DarkHawk hold any value other than inflated difficulty

Parry is an obvious (we got an auto blocker) but what does the Raptor Upgrades actually teach us about this encounter?

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    I think the point is to teach you his different modes. If he didn't start in Null mode you might never encounter it if you were able to easily bait him. And he starts with 2 bars of power so you can then encounter his stealth mode soon after
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    So this fight gives you a couple options, obviously starting the fight pretty much untouchable as you want him to throw a sp2, which then forces you to have a passive playstyle because you may miss, then you can get rid of it and force him into auto block mode, which means you gonna do no damage and get parried.

Then the only way to get avoid this is to not knock him down and bait the sp1. Said special is pretty complicated to evade and punishing if you block or get it wrong.

I personally didn't have a problem with this fight as i used my r5 Hyperion and just spammed heavy and sp3 til he died, best fight took 50 odd hits.

I basically learnt that this fight is gonna be pretty annoying on stun immune nodes etc and its probably best to avoid that at all costs 😂
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I used Medusa. Shut him down hard
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I believe the fight is easy. But the lag issues that are happening are making it a whale fest
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    His special 1 is pretty weak when blocked looking forward to him on stun immune node since you can just bait his special 1 over and again and beat him with just about anyone
  • yes their is a point. Its to get all the people to come tell you how easy it is and that your just not that good. trust me these fights aint fun. They just cause unneeded stress. Don't need my blood pressure any higher.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    It's awesome that it only took 3 responses to devolve into Beat Him With X Champ Easy, which wasn't the point of the post.

Much the same way you were rewarded by paying attention to timers, modes and swipe direction with Ms Frost, Flappy bird node essentially inverted the order, so you have to pay attention to swiping (or lack thereof), then timers then modes. At least with Frosty you had the option to have a few seconds to survey the situation then decide on course of action. Here it's Do Three Things Perfectly From The Start Or Get Used To Disappointment. Similar to Lefty, it becomes too easy to just say #### This, I Don't Need The Aggravation Of Doing This 6 Times, especially since with all the other methods of obtaining rewards, it's increasingly easier to find other things to do with your time, energy, and, ultimately, your money.
    Question is, what does the company learn from this node?

Lol I’m the OP and I think that I might have done that myself. I lampshaded his weakness as a robot an the fact he’s not un-countered. But I do agree that “showing him off” in full glorious detail is definitly a good idea. I actually wish they did this with Wasp and Korg showing off their combat in Chapter 2 each.

Overall I feel like Kabam actually did him right though. He’s definitly an annoying defender-type but being able to see everything he does is oddly satisfying to have upfront.

“This is DarkHawk, he’s a defender, and he’ll destroy you if you can’t handle his invisibility and autoblock modes. Enjoy the demo”

Nothing about him feels “cheap” per-say. If I was plopped into my usual lane in War or he decided to appear in Act6 unannounced I’d feel cheated out of a champion cause “WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!” But overall, I feel like I am prepared to fight his different modes. The fact he has many counters is something of note as un-like other defenders he’s not unfair he’s just designed almsot like a video game mini boss SHOULD be and actually almsot reminds me of Thanos. He feels GOOD to fight and having experience with his modes I feel almost excited to tear him apart again