**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Darkhawk ridiculous overpowered,even in master

Comments

• I don't know why the complaints. Does any not get it. OK simple this month u have halls of healing. You get free potions sound great right. Except a rediculous monthly boss to beat. Now u use all you potions and at the end of the week u have none left. Right back where u were. Did you actually think these things are not planned with one goal create whales and then feed the whales
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Jokepool wrote: »
    Ridiculous overpowered. Even in master he kill a max 5 star in a couple of hits. The commands just dont respond when he is invisible. Spend 800 unid to kill him ones
    Not even thanos was this overpowered and was fannto play against.

He's not that bad in Master. I still had quite a bit of frustration with him in Uncollected after watching some videos of people playing against him. I will try Uncollected again after 100% Master, but I don't think Master is too bad
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    One of the times i fought him, he completely refused to launch the sp2, backed me into the wall and killed my champion, it's not a difficult fight, but i just hope we don't get fights like these again, where we have rely on the AI do something to be able to win

That happened to me too. What I realized was that if he didn't launch his L2 at first after I dash back at the beginning of the fight, when he pulls up into a block I get a few hits on him so I'm not backed into the corner. Then when he launches the L2 I back up. Getting backed up against the wall is the worst
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I've officially used more revives on beating Master DH 2x then I did on the collector. Sad.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Use the Symbiote... oh shut :( #NeverForget
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    the main problem is lag. I can think of 30 ways to combat him but with parry not working, I got ko before the fight even start and the second hit miss = comboed to death, there is not much you can do
  • Lowlivier wrote: »
    I'm not saying there should not be a challenge but not everyone has killer thumbs and we also have the right to participate and keep playing, if we can not even finish master why were we continuing to play.

No one is taking away your right to play. You and you alone decide whether your ability relative to the content is sufficient to make the game worth playing. There's no minimum level of progress that everyone agrees is required for the game to be playable. I know why I play. If you don't know why you play, no one else can answer that question for you.
  • Sirius111Sirius111 Posts: 36
    Ok. As hard as the EQ can be sometimes you have to understand the mechanics, and basic controls of the game. Darkhawk is really not that hard. I have almost 100% completed Uncollected. At the beginning of the fight you have to make sure he pops that sp2. In order for him to pop it, you HAVE TO PLAY SMART! If you are about to get trapped, try intercepting. Some champions are more effective, but any champion can really take him out. Play smart, and make smart choices. Also, DONT PANIC! If you panic, you're going to mess up. Take a deep breath, and take it one step at a time. If you can't do it, so what! You still have 20 something days left to complete it. Also remember that you are not going to be able to beat every EQ. It happens, so just move on.
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    edited December 2018
    That unlockable beginning makes me frustrated. Yeah, I know there's some pro bro here said this quest was easy, well, are you sure your champs don't die with that BS node? I know how to bait, everyone knows it. But block is the foundation control of this game, and Kabam said: bait or die, no more block or parry. Screw that! Don't you see this is not skill base node? It's the matter of luck whether he throw his L2 or not, let alone the auto block parry that killed me so many times after successfully bait the initial L2.
    (Edit) Did I mentioned the lag? Every fight is flawless, I used Ghost Rider to fight every champs in front, and came to the boss with all 5 champs full health. Then I couldn't evade at the begining, couldn't parry so many times, and creen freezed when I hit his block, only with the boss. This is not the game cracked, Darkhawk is the problem.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    That unlockable beginning makes me frustrated. Yeah, I know there's some pro bro here said this quest was easy, well, are you sure your champs don't die with that BS node? I know how to bait, everyone knows it. But block is the foundation control of this game, and Kabam said: bait or die, no more block or parry. Screw that! Don't you see this is not skill base node? It's the matter of luck whether he throw his L2 or not, let alone the auto block parry that killed me so many times after successfully bait the initial L2.

It's not a matter of luck unless I'm super lucky. Done with him on master and uncollected and had zero fights in which he didn't throw his L2. Sometimes it was immediately, sometimes it was after a dodge or two, but he literally never once wouldn't throw it. I would love to see a video of a fight in which he refused to throw it. Also he doesn't have auto block unless you knock him down... If you do knock him down don't hit him more than once after a parry.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    It's not a matter of luck unless I'm super lucky. Done with him on master and uncollected and had zero fights in which he didn't throw his L2. Sometimes it was immediately, sometimes it was after a dodge or two, but he literally never once wouldn't throw it. I would love to see a video of a fight in which he refused to throw it. Also he doesn't have auto block unless you knock him down... If you do knock him down don't hit him more than once after a parry.

You are super lucky. I've got to him like 5 times with 5 fighters standing and most of their energy left. Haven't got an actual fight in with him yet.

I'm not sure if it's lag or what but I'm pretty decent at playing this game and I think this is a weak way to start a fight. But it's our choice if we want to keep trying or say whatever and try again next month. I just hope they don't make more EQs like this in the future because I like the game but I won't keep trying that kind of trash.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Lormif wrote: »
    I feel like people just don’t know how to bait properly. I’m done with him in UC. Solo’d him a couple times. The others I had to use a few different champs. I baited his sp2 like 20/20 times with multiple champs.

Except he won't Bait. Once or twice, if you can manage to down him in one shot. Otherwise, the AI is all over the place. Timing in Master is not the same as UC, and almost always in both, if you die before you kill him, he refuses to Bait.

I’ve 100%ed UC and only once did I have an issue baiting his sp2, 90% of the time he either started with it, or triggered in first 2 dodges

UC is running smoother than Master.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Does Quake work using the Quake method?
    I feel like people just don’t know how to bait properly. I’m done with him in UC. Solo’d him a couple times. The others I had to use a few different champs. I baited his sp2 like 20/20 times with multiple champs.

Except he won't Bait. Once or twice, if you can manage to down him in one shot. Otherwise, the AI is all over the place. Timing in Master is not the same as UC, and almost always in both, if you die before you kill him, he refuses to Bait.

I’ve 100%ed UC and only once did I have an issue baiting his sp2, 90% of the time he either started with it, or triggered in first 2 dodges

Baiting the special isn't really a "running smoother" issue. I didn't see any difference between uncollected and master as far as smooth running or the aggressiveness of the AI. If you stand open and don't block he throws the special.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    weavile wrote: »
    the main problem is lag. I can think of 30 ways to combat him but with parry not working, I got ko before the fight even start and the second hit miss = comboed to death, there is not much you can do

Same for me. Interestingly no such lag issue at UC but that happens in Master Darkhawk.

Baiting the special isn't really a "running smoother" issue. I didn't see any difference between uncollected and master as far as smooth running or the aggressiveness of the AI. If you stand open and don't block he throws the special.

I guess you just treat that as "standard complain post" and your reply is just "I don't have such issue so you should not have it". Unfortunately I also experienced that and thus I still trying to figure out how come I can KO Darkhawk at UC but not in Master Level.
    edited December 2018
    Reference wrote: »

I guess you just treat that as "standard complain post" and your reply is just "I don't have such issue so you should not have it". Unfortunately I also experienced that and thus I still trying to figure out how come I can KO Darkhawk at UC but not in Master Level.

@Reference fair point. I guess if the AI were behaving differently I would have expected to see it on at least one of the runs. Lag might be device dependent but not AI behavior. Can you post a video of one of your master fights? Although if lag is your issue we are talking past each other. GW said that UC was running smoother with reference to DH throwing the special. I don't have lag issues but if master has more lag problems that's a separate issue.
    @LeNoirFaineant I'd love to show but I guess you will only see a video in which my character keep moving back and forth to bait his sp2 but he don't trigger, then corner my champ and defeat in few hits....or you see my champ standstill at the beginning (due to no response) and then DH move forward to kill.

MCOC Trocos just updated his new abilities..cheers.
    803ay54kicw4.jpg
    edited December 2018
    I see. Well like I said, I wasn't talking about lag/unresponsiveness, just the AI behavior. I don't have lag on master or uncollected but I don't doubt that others do and it would make the fight impossible. @Kabam Miike said they were working on a fix so maybe it'll be better in a few days.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited December 2018
    The Invisibility for 20 WHOLE SECONDS is whats killing me...Bait out the Sp2 But then get cornered and hit with a barrage of Heavy attacks that i cant dodge while cornered. Hes Gona Be Primary Defender in Alliance War....20 Seconds of INVISIBILITY is a ALOT of time in a 3 minute fight with a Sp1 u cant Evade unless u have Evasive champ (Daredevil, Spider-Champs). Bringing it Down to 10 seconds sounds more reasonable Kabam
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 843 ★★★
    So let's record zero hits running up to darkhawk.
    Then lag and can't swipe back on him.
    But wait!!!
    I'm a YouTuber with the latest thousand dollar device.
    If I can do it, so can you.
    Will he lag the defenders as bad as he's lagging us?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    The Invisibility for 20 WHOLE SECONDS is whats killing me...Bait out the Sp2 But then get cornered and hit with a barrage of Heavy attacks that i cant dodge while cornered. Hes Gona Be Primary Defender in Alliance War....20 Seconds of INVISIBILITY is a ALOT of time in a 3 minute fight with a Sp1 u cant Evade unless u have Evasive champ (Daredevil, Spider-Champs). Bringing it Down to 10 seconds sounds more reasonable Kabam

Just parry him after using a sp2 not that hard
    Show us.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    JDunk2291 wrote: »

Just parry him after using a sp2 not that hard
    Its hard when theres a lag and a delay...its hard that i cant just keep parrying because the chip damage is massive.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Parry and heavy as soon as you bait. The shield mode fades much quicker. Unless you have daredevil, then you want him invis the whole time. His high perfect block chance makes blocking the special 1 do very little damaged as well.
  • Jewlz666Jewlz666 Posts: 7
    I am not a pro in this game, however up until the last 4 months I was able to complete the master event at 100%. The last 4 months they keep adding new champs who seem to have a standard unblockable and come out ready to destroy. Fine whatever. My issue is that players who are lower level will not be able to complete master level. So unless they want to go back and re-review how hard they make the newer champs in regards to master, this is essentially a money grab for units/potions/revives. At this point, unless they fix this ****- I will not finish master quest this month. And yes I have- baited, parried, evaded...Used Yondu, Venom, Guilly, 4* maxed, 5*... I have an android and I keep seeing a lag so that is likely a factor. I just think the game is getting to a point where they just want to bend over players, unless they are pro/whales or have money to dump in the game every 5 secs. All those revives and potions I got from halls of healing, gone. No reimbursement if it is a bug because that's the gold standard. Things like this make me want to quit the game after 3.5 years of playing (I am not hardcore, I do work 40 hours and have a child).
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    That ones that say its easy are the veterans with max 5s n skill way beyond us