**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yet Another Disappointment - Quitting Time?

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
It’s hard to believe RNG can be so bad. After getting 5* Karnak, Rhino, and HtD from the featured 5* I decided to go for a basic only to be disappointed with Hulkbuster and OG Cap. That’s fine, whatever. No good pulls for 4 months on that account, at least I have my alt. Struggled a bit with Champion Clash but managed to get it done just to be rewarded with Groot. Ugh ok. Whatever, I’m almost done exploring Act 5. I have a couple expiring T2A with nobody worth ranking but getting 2 crystals and some awakening gems should help my options. Carnage and Karnak (again from featured). Carnage is ok but definitely not R4 material. When you get the same pulls over and over it’s hard to believe it’s just “RNG”. At what point do I just say screw it and finally leave this once and for all?

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Viper1987 I won't quit the game over bad pulls. I still enjoy my alliance and the new content. But I totally get it. I went almost all of 2018 without a good new champ to rank. Horrible luck with featured (just pulled Red Skull lol). I get it that some players will always fall out of bed and get the new champ. I don't need to be one of them. I wish there were a way that RNG could be tempered with mercy so that the same people don't keep pulling garbage for the better part of a year. What it comes down to is this: unless you get a lucky streak you are going to continue to get bad pulls. If the odd good pull keeps you in the game, it's a band aid. You will eventually get back on an extended bad pull run. So decide if you like the game apart from RNG. If you don't, quit. If you do, stick with it and you will get the odd lucky pull from time to time. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and cheers.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    We’ve all been there ...

RNG is the worst way to give rewards

It is the second worst way. The absolute worst way is to allow players to choose their own rewards by preference all of the time. That is short-term pleasant and long term nothing, because it is unlikely for a progressional game like this to survive that system's effects long enough to have a long term. There's simply no way to keep players interests with a collection game where the majority of people can fill their collections in preference order.

Its called a skill wall that can be built around prizes like they could have put the holy trinity as prize for 100% lol.. just to give an example
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I pop those crystals with 0 hesitation like they are all shehulks and IP. 90% of the time I get better champs than those 2 and I am proud to say that my 5* ip is still undupe ... for now. Works for me give it a try
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Uhhh carnage is amazing. Use him correctly and he’s worth rank 4 and even 5. If you think he’s ok you’re definitely using him wrong. He went from garbage tier to I think Demi-god tier.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Carnage is a God tier champ now duped
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    I'm now content with whatever I pull. There's no race to the top or and end. I'm building my roster and seeing it pay dividends. It's slow, but it's better than pouring $$$ into it for the same pulls, just at a faster rate than normal progression.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t have him duped. He’s god tier? He seems to need a lot of time to ramp up. If you can persuade about him as an unduped champ I’m all ears
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I feel you but Carnage is a very good pull and VTD is amazing. I just R4ed VTD and love every minute of it
    Smash wrote: »
    I feel you but Carnage is a very good pull and VTD is amazing. I just R4ed VTD and love every minute of it

I got HtD homeboy not VtD.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Smash wrote: »

I got HtD homeboy not VtD.

Ahh that’s after work tiredness lol ya HtD is complete 🗑 sorry
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    We’ve all been there ...

RNG is the worst way to give rewards

It is the second worst way. The absolute worst way is to allow players to choose their own rewards by preference all of the time. That is short-term pleasant and long term nothing, because it is unlikely for a progressional game like this to survive that system's effects long enough to have a long term. There's simply no way to keep players interests with a collection game where the majority of people can fill their collections in preference order.

We will always disagree on this subject. While I don’t think players should outright pick their own champs I’m tired of the garbage in crystals. They never let you work to earn a marvelous crystal. You’re always risking getting IP, HB, or Groot. Grinding Act 5 just to pull a 5* Karnak who will just sit on the bench next to my 6* Karnak does nothing for the player base. It only creates numerous posts like this of players on the edge ready to be done with this.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Venom isn’t r4 worthy?

The dude is LOL tier… and isn’t r4 worthy… excuse me?!

I’d LOVE Carnage and I’m sitting on Proxy, Hype and Angela in cosmic alone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Every pull I don't want is another Champ that will give me 6* Shards in the future.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Venom isn’t r4 worthy?

The dude is LOL tier… and isn’t r4 worthy… excuse me?!

I’d LOVE Carnage and I’m sitting on Proxy, Hype and Angela in cosmic alone.

Yes I think Venom is worth an R4. Wish I had him.
    Every pull I don't want is another Champ that will give me 6* Shards in the future.

Gotta dupe that Karnak somehow. Can’t think of a better way.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Gotta dupe that Karnak somehow. Can’t think of a better way.

That would be optimal for sure.
    @Viper1987 I won't quit the game over bad pulls. I still enjoy my alliance and the new content. But I totally get it. I went almost all of 2018 without a good new champ to rank. Horrible luck with featured (just pulled Red Skull lol). I get it that some players will always fall out of bed and get the new champ. I don't need to be one of them. I wish there were a way that RNG could be tempered with mercy so that the same people don't keep pulling garbage for the better part of a year. What it comes down to is this: unless you get a lucky streak you are going to continue to get bad pulls. If the odd good pull keeps you in the game, it's a band aid. You will eventually get back on an extended bad pull run. So decide if you like the game apart from RNG. If you don't, quit. If you do, stick with it and you will get the odd lucky pull from time to time. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and cheers.

Thanks for your comment. I see your posts around the forums and I agree with you whenever I see your comments. Really the only reason I’m even still around are my alliance mates. I feel guilty even thinking of quitting. But I legimately get down for a bit now. Even when I know it’s going to be garbage there’s still that little part of me that hopes for something better. Honestly I’m not looking for god tier like most others. I just want a rankable champ. Give me a Hawkeye or a Yondu. Just tired of all the benchwarmers. Have too Many cats ready to expire which is just depressing. Maybe it is time to just call it quits on RNG.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I feel your pain... In the midst of my 20+ garbage pulls on my account I pulled a 5* Domino... I don't have anything to tell you that you don't already know, but from experience I can say that if you keep playing I'm sure you will get thrown a bone eventually.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I feel your pain... In the midst of my 20+ **** pulls on my account I pulled a 5* Domino... I don't have anything to tell you that you don't already know, but from experience I can say that if you keep playing I'm sure you will get thrown a bone eventually.

Unfortunately that always seems to be the advice. “Keep trying it’ll eventually happen”. Well the 4 month drought on my main still hasn’t yet. I think it’s because I stopped spending honestly. I’ve only gotten good champs if I spent. Anytime I opened shard crystals it’s been garbage.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I feel your pain... In the midst of my 20+ **** pulls on my account I pulled a 5* Domino... I don't have anything to tell you that you don't already know, but from experience I can say that if you keep playing I'm sure you will get thrown a bone eventually.

Unfortunately that always seems to be the advice. “Keep trying it’ll eventually happen”. Well the 4 month drought on my main still hasn’t yet. I think it’s because I stopped spending honestly. I’ve only gotten good champs if I spent. Anytime I opened shard crystals it’s been garbage.

Yeah I know my advice sucks, but to be honest I’ve played this game as F2P for 3+ years now, and if you aren’t gonna spend you really have to play the long game. I’m completely with you though, RNG is the worst.

Yeah I know my advice sucks, but to be honest I’ve played this game as F2P for 3+ years now, and if you aren’t gonna spend you really have to play the long game. I’m completely with you though, RNG is the worst.

I must just be used to spending here and there. I’m by no means a whale but I guess it has fast tracked me a little bit. Now it’s really painful getting backhanded by RNG. I guess this is just life now.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    No need to quit u got the skills to finish hard content with bad heroes keep at it u got this