**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will six stars fracture the player base?

Comments

• MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Grecianfox wrote: »
    MrBanks wrote: »
    6 stars aren’t common enough for them to be the most sought after thing. Even if you pull a Domino, as a 6 star she would be sitting at rank 1-2 and would most likely be unduped unless you are super lucky. 5 stars are more common, are easily awakenable, sig stones are easy to obtain, and players can max them out because the resources are available. If my predictions are correct, to max out a 6 star you are going to need a Tier 6 basic catalyst, Tier 5 Class Catalysts, and tier 3 alphas. It’s going to be ridiculous. As of right now IMO, 6 stars are trophies for those who are extremely high rated, and could maybe see a use for a Corvus, IMIW, Domino, or Cap IW if they pull them.

This is true however 6*s are the future of the game with tier 5 class cats coming soon to bring a 6* to r5

Yes, you are correct. But the resources required to rank 6 stars further than R2 haven’t been introduced yet, but once they are 6 stars will become more valuable than 5 stars
    edited December 2018
    Also, is it just me but do those who have 3 or more 6*s always have a Deadpool Xforce?
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    rludqgmxdqo1.jpeg

Also, is it just me but do those who have 3 or more 6*s always have a deadforce xpool????..

Seems that way sometimes lol.

• Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited December 2018
    I did the last event, champion’s clash, with 3 4*s, The Hood, and Sabre; no units.

I’m willing to bet a lot of people have Sabre and the hood but jus don’t either have the drive, fundamental focus, or the patience to grind a few days for the pots and defeat champion’s clash by not spending any units.

What it comes down to is a common desire of pursuit rather than lack of champs. Sabre isn’t commonly known but I didn’t even need his synergy.

Instead of ranking up your next hard hitter, rank up the utilities.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Also, is it just me but do those who have 3 or more 6*s always have a deadforce xpool????..

I've got him smh. DPX, Yellowjacket, Storm, Guilly, Electra, and Angela.

I've got him smh. DPX, Yellowjacket, Storm, Guilly, Electra, and Angela.

Yeah, Deadpool X force and Yellowjacket seem to be the most common 6 stars.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @DNA3000 I appreciate your perspective on all of this. You've been around a long time and have seen people like me come and go and come back again.

When I get to 15,000 6* shards, I'll decide how I'll pull it but I'm almost prepared not to open a basic 6* even though it doesn't make economic sense.

What Kabam did not do when they rolled out 6*s is to only put champs that a dupe only marginally improves them a la Ghost Rider. Then there wouldn't be as much disappointment. YJ is disappointing because without his sig ability, he's just another meat suit to beat up in AW defense.

I know my RNG luck. My first 6* will be either IF, CM or BB no matter what type of crystal I pull. Those champs seemed to drawn to my RNG luck.

@Abolitionist333_ Here's how poor my RNG luck is: I am grinding the basic arena for Cable. I don't even have a 3* Sabretooth. And my 4* Hood is just starting to get the attention he deserves in my line up, but he was stuck behind a wall of the powerhouse mystics for the old AW defense strategy with MD. I've just pulled him up to R4 and he's behind my 5* DV for the new mystic rank up. I just can't put him before a duped 5* DV at R4.

My 4* Red DD is one of my most useful utility guys and I've overlooked utility champs for a while. As I've come back, I know they need to get some polish and shine too.

We could start a whole thread on overlooked utility champs like Ronan who has the chance to stun lock any boss that's stunnable in the monthly events when they pile a ton of buffs on them.
    @MMCskippy don’t forget about punisher 2099, nebula, Sym. Spidey, and GG
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited December 2018
    Then that’s the problem; a mental battle instead between dv and the hood..

I did the event with a rank 3 5* unawakened Hood. 4* rank 5 worthy champ. It was so easy I only used like 4 revives and some pots from rol..

The Hood’s utility is more reliable and easier to apply than DV. This game isn’t jus hit the screen and reach success; it’s about willpower to achieve over peer pressure of other champs.

Both DV and The Hood have nullifying capabilities but you needed the Hood for Hyperion. Who do you need Dv for?

Find your first response answers for Iceman, Hyperion, Medusa, and then let your roster get stronger after those champs are selected.

DV is not a speciality against Hype because it takes so long to power drain. He’s not reliable. Next.

The Hood also has regen. Less pots. Less units
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    @Abolitionist333_ Here's how poor my RNG luck is: I am grinding the basic arena for Cable. I don't even have a 3* Sabretooth. And my 4* Hood is just starting to get the attention he deserves in my line up, but he was stuck behind a wall of the powerhouse mystics for the old AW defense strategy with MD. I've just pulled him up to R4 and he's behind my 5* DV for the new mystic rank up. I just can't put him before a duped 5* DV at R4.

My 4* Red DD is one of my most useful utility guys and I've overlooked utility champs for a while. As I've come back, I know they need to get some polish and shine too.

We could start a whole thread on overlooked utility champs like Ronan who has the chance to stun lock any boss that's stunnable in the monthly events when they pile a ton of buffs on them.

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Wait did everyone skip over op putting down the iPhone 7?

I have been using iPhone 7 for over a year and have 6 6* 🤷‍♂️.

Edit: I don’t buy fgmc or spend money except on the bigger sale days
    @Jaded I don't know what's going on, but my iPhone 7 has been crappy for a few updates. I keep blaming it on animations like the fancy flames coming off of Dorm's head, but I have been having problems. I also came off a break recently so I probably missed some months of uncollected difficulty that I could've finished with my phone and pulled a 6*.

My issues could very well be all with me but with a mobile game of this nature, I don't see a lot of fights where I see how people are holding their phones or tablets. I probably have some fundamental issues with my technique that makes me think the phone is to blame.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    @Jaded I don't know what's going on, but my iPhone 7 has been crappy for a few updates. I keep blaming it on animations like the fancy flames coming off of Dorm's head, but I have been having problems. I also came off a break recently so I probably missed some months of uncollected difficulty that I could've finished with my phone and pulled a 6*.

My issues could very well be all with me but with a mobile game of this nature, I don't see a lot of fights where I see how people are holding their phones or tablets. I probably have some fundamental issues with my technique that makes me think the phone is to blame.

When the game gets laggy or choppy whichever description word. I always do a ram reset on my phone. It does happen, it’s very minimal compared to when I was on a android phone. You can google the steps to do it. It’s helped myself and others I’ve passed on the information to.
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    They haven't made much of a difference over here vx7sw2nia00p.png

Yep 6* are so helpful.....

tlot065qwczx.png

• I only have 2 6*s lol Sabre and Elektra.. at least there’s a little utility to them hehe
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    My last 6star pull was blue team cyclops. Growing up a huge xmen fan in the 90s I love it even though hes not the op war attacker red cyclops is. Maybe someday the mutants will get a beta.
  • zeezee57 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Seeing R2 Domino's and Caps and I'm sitting here with this just shows how garbage the Champ collecting system is.

The only reason you're unhappy with 6* Yellowjacket is because you can see others with CapIW and Domino. You may not like it, but that shows the system is working perfectly.

You judge how well you are doing not by the capabilities of what you have but by your perceptions of how much better someone else is doing. Multiplayer games encourage you to pursue other players, even though the people you think you're "falling behind" represent only a tiny fraction of players. It is how they get you to always want more. If everyone always had the ability to get what they want in the order they want it, no one would need to pursue anything, and everyone would get bored and quit. You need to balance that urge to pursue others with the ability to be happy with what you accomplish on your own, or you will never be happy playing progressional multiplayer games. Not this one, not any one.

Not to nitpick but your first statement is wrong. Seeing others with Domino and Cap while I have YJ and Cable isn't the only reason I'm unhappy with them, it's not the reason at all. The reason I'm not happy with them is that they do nothing for me at all, and it's based entirely on having **** luck. The same goes for 5* pulls, when progression is stunted to a massive degree and the only difference between your account and others is that they got lucky and you didn't it will only have that desired effect to a certain extent. Sure a couple bad pulls makes a great pull that much better, but a mountain of trash with a gem or two mixed in makes you want to participate in something that gives you more control over the results you get. With the difficulty in obtaining 6* champs in this game only so much bad luck will be tolerable before you have to decide if the effort involved anymore is worth the reward and how much fun/enjoyment you get from a leisure activity that doesn't reward your work. If you take out the alliance aspect of the game where I play with some awesome people who keep the experience enjoyable I wouldn't still play MCOC and it's not because of the gameplay which I still enjoy, it's because I have no control on how much roster is built and there's nothing I can do to change that.

I let other people spin my crystals.. Maybe let your dog do it and see what he pulls for you
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Seeing R2 Domino's and Caps and I'm sitting here with this just shows how garbage the Champ collecting system is.

The only reason you're unhappy with 6* Yellowjacket is because you can see others with CapIW and Domino. You may not like it, but that shows the system is working perfectly.

You judge how well you are doing not by the capabilities of what you have but by your perceptions of how much better someone else is doing. Multiplayer games encourage you to pursue other players, even though the people you think you're "falling behind" represent only a tiny fraction of players. It is how they get you to always want more. If everyone always had the ability to get what they want in the order they want it, no one would need to pursue anything, and everyone would get bored and quit. You need to balance that urge to pursue others with the ability to be happy with what you accomplish on your own, or you will never be happy playing progressional multiplayer games. Not this one, not any one.

Absolutely terrible mumbo jumbo.

You don’t feel sad for pulling DPX instead of Corvus just because Mr. Joe has Corvus and u don’t. U feel sad because the DPX clown can only do arena while that Corvus would carve a nice hole in the content i m playing ... I AM playing ... not someone else but me...

There is no balance. What u said is true in other RPG which are well designed where every little thing has some use .. this is mcoc where you have Groot and Hyperion sharing the same space
  • zeezee57 wrote: »
    Sure a couple bad pulls makes a great pull that much better, but a mountain of trash with a gem or two mixed in makes you want to participate in something that gives you more control over the results you get.

Let me know when that option materializes.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Some gacha games do this. They have banners that guarantee a certain character or one of a small set of characters if you do a certain number of pulls.

Not saying it's good or bad, but they are out there. Their boards are also full of folks with terrible luck who pulled on a banner guaranteeing 1 of 3 characters and still pulled the worst of the 3.

• kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

. I have 8,800 6* crystals from before they beefed up Uncollected difficulty. I couldnt' pass Aegon with my champs and skills. I couldn't pass Emma with my champs and skills.

But u have 8800 6* crystals open them y u holding those crystals LOL.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Yeah. 6* champs were released too early IMO. I received two 6* champs, Loki and Domino and suddenly I couldn't be stopped in Act 5. Finished it in under two weeks after receiving them.

Seeing how easily I beat the game with two R1 6*s, it's inevitable that Kabam will scale the difficulty of Act 6 in ridiculous fashion (where we'll likely need R4 6* champs to complete it) & further increase the gap between player bases. The whales will whale-out and move ahead as usual while the rest (larger percentage) scrounge for good champs like scavengers and putting their hopes on pathetic RNG numbers.

I was lucky to get 2 good 6* champs. One I could steamroll paths with and another that was perfect for Act 5 Ultron, meanwhile a friend of mine quit because he was getting nothing but awful champs (24 champs, not 1 god tier)
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    Grecianfox wrote: »
    6 stars aren’t common enough for them to be the most sought after thing. Even if you pull a Domino, as a 6 star she would be sitting at rank 1-2 and would most likely be unduped unless you are super lucky. 5 stars are more common, are easily awakenable, sig stones are easy to obtain, and players can max them out because the resources are available. If my predictions are correct, to max out a 6 star you are going to need a Tier 6 basic catalyst, Tier 5 Class Catalysts, and tier 3 alphas. It’s going to be ridiculous. As of right now IMO, 6 stars are trophies for those who are extremely high rated, and could maybe see a use for a Corvus, IMIW, Domino, or Cap IW if they pull them.

This is true however 6*s are the future of the game with tier 5 class cats coming soon to bring a 6* to r5

Yes, you are correct. But the resources required to rank 6 stars further than R2 haven’t been introduced yet, but once they are 6 stars will become more valuable than 5 stars

They are most likely coming out with act 6 so having a good 6* will get you way ahead of the game
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    AngelLord wrote: »
    Not much help here ahe3ynhz8rf5.jpg

I hear that Daredevil is good for fighting darkhawk in this month's event quest
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    Spidey983 wrote: »

He is only good duped because of evade
  • Grecianfox wrote: »
    Spidey983 wrote: »

He is only good duped because of evade

Not accurate. He’s good because he nullifies invisibility
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Also, is it just me but do those who have 3 or more 6*s always have a Deadpool Xforce?

Not quite. I have Sentinel, OG DD, Mordo, Thor Rag, and Hood.

On my alt, I have Karnak and Hood.

It’s clear one of my accounts will dupe Hood soon.
    @Jaded THE IPHONE RAM RESET TIP REALLY FREAKING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!