**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

challenge that prohibits the use of "God tier" champions

so i had this idea, andi dont know if this was already a thing at one point, but what if we had like a month long champion challenge where you can only use mediocre/bad champs or had nodes specifically meant to hinder certain champions. i feel like this could add a bit of a challenge based on skill and strategy, rather than just going at them with champions that make the game a lot easier. also another benefit this could have is that some people who want to attempt it and can also beat it, but who are also reletively late midgame who might not have a great roster, as they might not have great champs to begin with.

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Id like to see a challenge where the only champs you can bring are the 3 worst of every class.

Kabam knows who they are.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Lol remember when Kabam tried to redeem all the #### champs by buffing the hell out of them in a Boss Rush?

...and then like everyone beat it on their first try.

Kabam was like:
    fbmuddlx9w9e.gif

Good times.

• VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    What r u talking about.........there are NO more GOD Tier champions at least NOT questing ones. This game only has GOD Tier defenders with BS unavoidable damage over time nodes. This game has become so ridiculous unfair it's barely playable in master mode without having to consult some tactic from YouTube! Please don't give Kabam any more ideas how to screw us out of beating a game with skill.

thats an over exaggeration. if you find it barely playable, maybe you need to re evaluate your skill level. if you read the nodes and abilities you can create your own strategy. if you cant consistently beat master mode, just admit your not good enough. i do agree that there are bs nodes with unavoidable damage, but if you are good at the game its not a big deal. im not even that good and i can easily beat master mode and uncollected with little to no revives or potions or restarting constantly.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    Lol remember when Kabam tried to redeem all the #### champs by buffing the hell out of them in a Boss Rush?

...and then like everyone beat it on their first try.

Kabam was like:
    fbmuddlx9w9e.gif

Good times.

Remember when you couldn’t beat it because magneto has thorns ah yes good times
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Didn't Kabam literally just introduce a new champion (headlining not one but two event quests) who specifically punishes you for using the most popular god-tier champions?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I'd be far more in favour of an event that rewards you for using certain champs - like the recent Danger Rooms, or the two-star arena when chasing a million Facebook likes (or something).

Or a reverse-Gate in a Quest. A Barrier, so you can't go through if you've got a champion from class X with you. So you can't take Corvus on the path with loads of Tech champs, for example. Still, I suppose that the node that reduces all but Mutant champions does more or less the same job, in that scenario.
    Didn't Kabam literally just introduce a new champion (headlining not one but two event quests) who specifically punishes you for using the most popular god-tier champions?

yeah but it was only the boss, you could use them on the rest of the quest. but im talking about a whole quest where you cant use them.
    I'd be far more in favour of an event that rewards you for using certain champs - like the recent Danger Rooms, or the two-star arena when chasing a million Facebook likes (or something).

Or a reverse-Gate in a Quest. A Barrier, so you can't go through if you've got a champion from class X with you. So you can't take Corvus on the path with loads of Tech champs, for example. Still, I suppose that the node that reduces all but Mutant champions does more or less the same job, in that scenario.

so basically the back issue, that would be a combination of those two ideas(less the second one). and if you had the gate thing you are talking about, a lot of people could still make the quest incredibly easy by bringing powerful champs from other classes per gate, and the point of my idea is to make it based almost completely on skill, instead of having those powerful champs.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,656 ★★★★★
    I think the general story is that every champ has its uses and while a few champs was marked as OP, unlikely there will be similar labelling of champs as mediocre.
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    When ppl pay for crystals or grind the arena to get a particular champ, why should someone stop them from using one?
    My point is you can have champ specific quests (say only those with KK, She Hulk, or Joe Fixit) can enter, then those who don't have these champs will feel left behind. And there are counter champs to almost every OP champ in the game.
    If you have to test your skill and if you haven't ranked those weak champs yet, use them in arena after you're beyond 10 wins. That way you'll get a death matchup. If you win, you're skilled!