**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation for 8% 12% Class Boosts? [Merged Threads] [Admin: Comp Coming]

Comments

• hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    They said end of the week. They addressed it. It's middle of the week now. When it is end of the week, and there's no compensation or update, then start asking. Relax guys jeez
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Draenath wrote: »
    This going to be addressed?

Coming soon....
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Has anyone mentioned the old 5% boosts? Know it’s smaller compared to the number of used 8 and 12% boosts. But it’s still something we spent loyalty and war crystals on. I would like to know if they can include compensation for these too5rlrpxmza6re.jpeg
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your patience surrounding this issue, we wanted to provide another update. We’ve finished pulling all of the information surrounding those impacted by this boost issue, and will be sending out compensation soon. During this process, we took some time to test out all of the other boosts. We’ve found one other boost that was not working as intended, the Special 3 Defense Boosts. As a result, we have now fixed this boost and will be compensating for this one at the same time as the others. This is a new list of players for us to pull, so it will delay things a bit - we’re going to compensate for all impacted boosts at the same time. We will not only be providing any loyalty spent on these impacted boosts, we will also be providing crystals to any players that pulled these boosts from a crystal.

With this extra compensation needed we don’t yet have a specific date to provide, but we will continue to update you!

Thankyou Adora for updating us all and taking time to fix these glitches for all. Really very much appreciated. Thankyou once again.
    313rd wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the old 5% boosts? Know it’s smaller compared to the number of used 8 and 12% boosts. But it’s still something we spent loyalty and war crystals on. I would like to know if they can include compensation for these too5rlrpxmza6re.jpeg

Anyone?
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I just hope it comes on time for me to reach 800k on loyalty... Im sitting on 783k
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    anyone else feel like the 150%/200% power return boosts suddenly started working too?

preface: I don't use them much (whenever they were going to expire anyway) and my observations are anecdotal at best.

I've used them and never noticed any significant power returned, even on a r4 hyperion sp3 with 5 or 6 furies stacked, but last war I used one and dropped 2 sp3 back to back thanks to that boost. and when I say back to back, I mean I had 3 red bars as soon as the sp3 animation finished.

it could just be my perception, but that's the first time I've ever seen one of those boosts do anything. I do recall watching a youtube video of someone playing and even pointing out that the 200% power return boost did nothing.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Thanks for the update!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Tayyab82 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Its not question of who has purchased from loyalty or got these boost from War crystals. This issue has major implications and hence:
    1) All who has used these boosts should get compensated
    2) Revives and potions used should also be considered
    3) And also war losses as people must be using these boost under impression that it's working and will help in AW

Questions also arises about other boosts e.g. Health, Health & Attack, Power etc. Kindly confirm whether those boosts are working as intended or not.

This comment right here shows the greed of the fan base. None of us had any clue they weren't working and now you are sitting here trying to come up with ways to ask for more than just the spent loyalty. @Tayyab82 your comment is so far off base its crazy. Most people aren't using the 8/10/12% during war. They are using 150/200% more often.

We should ONLY get loyalty back and that's it. Nothing else is needed or warranted. Heck they could never have told us and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

As for the other boosts you said, you can clearly see they are working correctly. Stop trying to work that angle as well. You aren't getting compensated for those either.

Hey Mr. Opinion maker, hope you read the announcement that one more boost wasn't working as intended. Now hope you understand why asking for clarity is better than free opinion.

@Tayyab12 I still stand by what I said. Yes they found one more. One that most people probably arent using anyway. You still should only get loyalty back and that was my main point.
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    This issue needs an urgent IN-GAME MESSAGE. We cant be digging the forums for such updates...
  • Don’t get excited. I highly doubt we get compensated fairly. I used a ton of these on my LOL runs and they can’t look T the fact as if these were broken how many less units I would have used from the deaths.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Its not question of who has purchased from loyalty or got these boost from War crystals. This issue has major implications and hence:
    1) All who has used these boosts should get compensated
    2) Revives and potions used should also be considered
    3) And also war losses as people must be using these boost under impression that it's working and will help in AW

Questions also arises about other boosts e.g. Health, Health & Attack, Power etc. Kindly confirm whether those boosts are working as intended or not.

This comment right here shows the greed of the fan base. None of us had any clue they weren't working and now you are sitting here trying to come up with ways to ask for more than just the spent loyalty. @Tayyab82 your comment is so far off base its crazy. Most people aren't using the 8/10/12% during war. They are using 150/200% more often.

We should ONLY get loyalty back and that's it. Nothing else is needed or warranted. Heck they could never have told us and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

As for the other boosts you said, you can clearly see they are working correctly. Stop trying to work that angle as well. You aren't getting compensated for those either.

Hey Mr. Opinion maker, hope you read the announcement that one more boost wasn't working as intended. Now hope you understand why asking for clarity is better than free opinion.

It's okay to ask for clarity, just don't go overboard with your expectations. We spent the loyalty on it without knowing what the issue was, and they're being nice and compensating. Now, if you spent revives, potions, or units, that's on you. The boosts aren't game changing. If you die during a fight, it means you fought badly. The potions don't guarantee a win, they just help your chances. Kabam isn't going to pay you back for what you spent with your own free will.

They may be able to look and see if you used the special 3 defense, died, and used a revive in proximity. That would be about the only way i see them able to qualify compensating more than loyalty to someone. Those particular metrics appear to be available to devs.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    It’s cool that they figured out another boost wasn’t working.. how about some details .. how long has this not been working.? The compensation is cool but if we had to wait longer for everything you guys found that was not working as intended.. we will not see that compensation for a very very long time
    Again why not include the 5% boosts too. I spent loyalty and spinned crystals and get them too and they were probably useless. If you are going to try to correct a problem, please don’t short change it. Fix or try to compensate for the small ones too.

Amazing how no other gamers has commented or encouraged this too. It’s almost like, people just want the compensation the company has brought to our attention and are willing to give back. And we are too afraid to make sure we get back all the resources we spend and all the broken boosts not just the 8 and 12% boosts but all the way back to the 5% ones toovbp17vnpbyna.jpeg
    . But instead folks are just happy with what the company says they are giving back. Need to support each other more, that’s one thing I wish WE could do better at as a community.
    Again why not include the 5% boosts too. I spent loyalty and spinned crystals and get them too and they were probably useless. If you are going to try to correct a problem, please don’t short change it. Fix or try to compensate for the small ones too.

Amazing how no other gamers has commented or encouraged this too. It’s almost like, people just want the compensation the company has brought to our attention and are willing to give back. And we are too afraid to make sure we get back all the resources we spend and all the broken boosts not just the 8 and 12% boosts but all the way back to the 5% ones toovbp17vnpbyna.jpeg
    . But instead folks are just happy with what the company says they are giving back. Need to support each other more, that’s one thing I wish WE could do better at as a community.

These weren't broken. Why would they compensate you for something that wasn't broken? It was the 8, 12, and SP3 defense boosts.
    That’s what I asked earlier. No response. And how do you know they weren’t broken. Did they say they were tested?

These weren't broken. Why would they compensate you for something that wasn't broken? It was the 8, 12, and SP3 defense boosts.

Or , only my guess here, they were too old and forgotten about so they are just sticking with the testing on the current boosts?
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Or , only my guess here, they were too old and forgotten about so they are just sticking with the testing on the current boosts?

Solid guess. I just really hope the compensation would come either today or tomorrow... I want that UC
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your patience surrounding this issue, we wanted to provide another update. We’ve finished pulling all of the information surrounding those impacted by this boost issue, and will be sending out compensation soon. During this process, we took some time to test out all of the other boosts. We’ve found one other boost that was not working as intended, the Special 3 Defense Boosts. As a result, we have now fixed this boost and will be compensating for this one at the same time as the others. This is a new list of players for us to pull, so it will delay things a bit - we’re going to compensate for all impacted boosts at the same time. We will not only be providing any loyalty spent on these impacted boosts, we will also be providing crystals to any players that pulled these boosts from a crystal.

With this extra compensation needed we don’t yet have a specific date to provide, but we will continue to update you!

Take the following argument as an argument of principle. I know that this will never happen.

Refunding just the loyalty or units spent on these boosts is not enough. There are many down stream issues that surely arose from the boosts not working. For example, if I popped a 12% damage boost, it would certainly affect how mindset when I entered the fight. I may have changed strategy or used sub-optimal champion, relying on the extra damage to win the fight. (Maybe I used Corvus hoping for a quick KO instead of a safer champ).

Secondly, how many times did I either die or take damage (thus needing to heal with expensive potions) because the correct damage wasn't applied. Let's say my special did 10,000 damage. Instead of getting the extra 8 or 12%, my opponent may survive and land a hit on me later in the fight.

An analogy I find fitting is this. If someone stole $10,000 from you and then six months later they returned the amount in full, would you be satisfied? I certainly would not be. I could have been making interest off of that money or using it myself.

I believe Kabam owes us "interest" on top of the cost of the boosts. It doesn't have to be crazy, just something to let us know they are sorry for selling a defective product. Since it's impossible to calculate the true and total effect this bug had, a standard package could be sent to everyone who used one or more of these boosts. Tiered packages depending on how many you used would be much better, but I understand that would also be a lot more work.

Kalam should stop being stingy with compensation, to me it shows they sometimes either lack an understanding of the intricacies of the game's strategy or are lazy. Either one is not good.

Please don't repeat the same mistakes of 19.0 (aka Phone Fires) compensation.
  • Scarface1938Scarface1938 Posts: 12
    IceSnow wrote: »

Thank You So much @Ad0ra_

With this update Please Add 5 Star “Captain Marvel” Special 1 damage details , Special 2 and special 3 Damage output details Please.a44x84095vqf.png

Waiting from 3 years.

Wait,buff coming soon ;)
    RogerRabs wrote: »

Take the following argument as an argument of principle. I know that this will never happen.

Refunding just the loyalty or units spent on these boosts is not enough. There are many down stream issues that surely arose from the boosts not working. For example, if I popped a 12% damage boost, it would certainly affect how mindset when I entered the fight. I may have changed strategy or used sub-optimal champion, relying on the extra damage to win the fight. (Maybe I used Corvus hoping for a quick KO instead of a safer champ).

Secondly, how many times did I either die or take damage (thus needing to heal with expensive potions) because the correct damage wasn't applied. Let's say my special did 10,000 damage. Instead of getting the extra 8 or 12%, my opponent may survive and land a hit on me later in the fight.

An analogy I find fitting is this. If someone stole $10,000 from you and then six months later they returned the amount in full, would you be satisfied? I certainly would not be. I could have been making interest off of that money or using it myself.

I believe Kabam owes us "interest" on top of the cost of the boosts. It doesn't have to be crazy, just something to let us know they are sorry for selling a defective product. Since it's impossible to calculate the true and total effect this bug had, a standard package could be sent to everyone who used one or more of these boosts. Tiered packages depending on how many you used would be much better, but I understand that would also be a lot more work.

Kalam should stop being stingy with compensation, to me it shows they sometimes either lack an understanding of the intricacies of the game's strategy or are lazy. Either one is not good.

Please don't repeat the same mistakes of 19.0 (aka Phone Fires) compensation.

How do you prove which fight you lost because of the boost or because of your own error?

I'm sorry but your example with $10,000 is really bad. What if they stole that money from a safe? Can't make interest off that in a safe. You even end the statement in "I could of" which means technically you weren't. Should of, could of, would of can't be quantified for compensation. If the guess to low, you'll be mad. If they guess to high, you'll say others didn't deserve it.

Also you couldn't ever have bought these boosts with units. Loyalty is the only way or from War crystals. Loyalty is probably all you'll get back.
    Yeah, I’m not looking for anything but what I spent for the boosts. But I also want the comp for even the lesser 5% boosts, if they weren’t working either. And I would bet they were NOT working along with the 8s and 12s.
    Think the rest of the community should be too. Could be talking another 50k in loyalty.
    Probably well More than that.