**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To taunt or not to taunt, that is the question

Is taunt an ability that should become more common or does anybody consider it overpowered, possibly game breaking if over used?

After playing with Phoenix, the one thing she needs most of all in her kit is a taunt mechanic. Other wise in my option, her whole character just doesn’t work within the context of most game modes except for rol.

While Emma’s overcharge synergy gave her more viability I still feel she’s missing that one thing to push her over the edge and make her really viable in all game modes, at the very least more consistently enjoyable and less frustrating.

Now while you could make the argument that you could just tank specials, when your at peak Phoenix charges, heal up and continue your damage cycle uninterrupted, you can only do this once and it is extremely convoluted anyway, risky and annoying to time and set up so that you ko at exactly the right moment to make it viable.

Would giving Phoenix taunt make her over powered? Is it necessary? Fine as is ;)

Other characters I believe that functions like this and could greatly benefit from taunt are Thor (ragnarok) and even gulk (when face me is not active). I’m sure there are more, but for these characters their max potential is limited to rol, not so much gulk of course, making for some truly wasted and missed opportunities.

P.s. Phoenix upgrade with new movie release pretty please :*

To taunt or not to taunt, that is the question 30 votes

To taunt
43% 13 votes
To taunt not
20% 6 votes
Taunt should be handed out like candy on Halloween
36% 11 votes

Comments

• Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Actually there are 2 champions that probably deserve taunt more

Oldman Logan
    Groot

But Phoenix having it would allow her to flow better. But the same could be said for Taskmaster and Gulk so it’s a hard question to answer
  • InxInx Posts: 115
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Oldman Logan
    Groot

But Phoenix having it would allow her to flow better. But the same could be said for Taskmaster and Gulk so it’s a hard question to answer

Yea true, I just fought a masacre in quest and remembered he’s another one that could use taunt, also carnage and imiw (pain to get his plasmas started with the sp2 sp1 mechanic) lol.
    Inx wrote: »

Oldman Logan
    Groot

Yea true, I just fought a masacre in quest and remembered he’s another one that could use taunt, also carnage and imiw (pain to get his plasmas started with the sp2 sp1 mechanic) lol.

Nah Masacre is an Sp3 pull start. Between the Sp3 start and an Sp1 that’ll make sure you never run out of fire he doesn’t really need taunt

And IMIW needs nothing from no one lets be real that he’s a defender 1st and foremost
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Taunt never works for me, so for all I care care hand it out to everybody. It's just another RNG to make us feel like something could happen while in fact it does not.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★

Oldman Logan
    Groot

Nah Masacre is an Sp3 pull start. Between the Sp3 start and an Sp1 that’ll make sure you never run out of fire he doesn’t really need taunt

And IMIW needs nothing from no one lets be real that he’s a defender 1st and foremost

IMIW is a great attacker, he's a tank with tons of utility, it gets overlooked because how problematic he can be on defense. I'm tempted to R4 my IMIW for offense not defense because he's so useful. I will agree he doesn't really need any extra buffs but he shouldn't be overlooked as an attacker.

Oldman Logan
    Groot

IMIW is a great attacker, he's a tank with tons of utility, it gets overlooked because how problematic he can be on defense. I'm tempted to R4 my IMIW for offense not defense because he's so useful. I will agree he doesn't really need any extra buffs but he shouldn't be overlooked as an attacker.

I use to use him on bleed/spite all the time until I moved to path 6. I’d fight spidey, imiw, iceman and modox no problem.

The only reason I say taunt would help is because it would rev up his damage faster when building plasmas. Every time I’ve tried to do boss or mini boss fights with him, 6* r1, I’d time out or come close to timing out. The taunt would also not only help building the plasma, but help maintain them.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

Oldman Logan
    Groot

I use to use him on bleed/spite all the time until I moved to path 6. I’d fight spidey, imiw, iceman and modox no problem.

The only reason I say taunt would help is because it would rev up his damage faster when building plasmas. Every time I’ve tried to do boss or mini boss fights with him, 6* r1, I’d time out or come close to timing out. The taunt would also not only help building the plasma, but help maintain them.

Needing to bait specials for so long is the #1 reason my plasmas fall off while playing that character
    Sixshot1 wrote: »

Oldman Logan
    Groot

Needing to bait specials for so long is the #1 reason my plasmas fall off while playing that character

Yup and without them his damage is atrocious with it being as bad as it already is it’s not hard to see why he has such a bad reputation as an attacker amongst the community.
    edited December 2018
    I mean he’s a literal defensive god. One of the best up there with Korg in some instances.

The only real dual-role titan is a Hyperion (on account of his power gain mechanic) that won’t bait and arguably Magik but then again MD balancing and Blade have been phasing her out in favor of Mourningstar and Mephisto