**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    For 3 days, while the added Rewards are there.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Dungeons os give me nightmares
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    I still wont do them, once I get the 1000 5* shards from playing with friends and randomers I will stop.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Step in the opposite direction. I hope they dont implement this
  • Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    Kabam, please don’t make this change permanent after the test. It’s nkt going to go down well with the majority of dungeon participants.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Punish the more casual players by trying to squeeze the whales.
    If you’re a casual player not sure how not playing to room 5+ every day is punishing as you likely already do not, being casual and all. Now if you’re hardcore you likely have the capability of pushing further regardless of spending capability. Then if you want to be able to farm dungeons you’ll need to pony up, same as any other area of the game you want to spend an excess of time in.

P.S. this thread’s OP is one word, seriously? Put some effort in.....
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    This is just a good reminder as to why I don't do dungeons...
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Might as well remove the random matchmaking function too, you can hardly get anyone that can go more than 2 rooms, with increased cooldowns, no one would want to use it
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I'll echo @TheSquish671. If you get someone that can go three rooms, you're extremely lucky.

But a 44 hour refresh timer on 4*s?
    Lets focus on getting the current game and content better. Lets focus on old champs amd upgrades. Kabam the idea of another game mode just make people play less. As is we invest too much time in this game.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    If you’re a casual player not sure how not playing to room 5+ every day is punishing as you likely already do not, being casual and all. Now if you’re hardcore you likely have the capability of pushing further regardless of spending capability. Then if you want to be able to farm dungeons you’ll need to pony up, same as any other area of the game you want to spend an excess of time in.

I am more casual than a whale and yes I am being punished. If I want to run every dungeon, I am being punished by having my champs on cooldown for 4 days. What if I can’t do dungeons until the third day? Then I can’t use those 5* for the next dungeon. I only have a handful of champs I would use in dungeon 7. Even less when it’s the science/tech dungeon. So yes, this is a punishment.

I am more casual than a whale and yes I am being punished. If I want to run every dungeon, I am being punished by having my champs on cooldown for 4 days. What if I can’t do dungeons until the third day? Then I can’t use those 5* for the next dungeon. I only have a handful of champs I would use in dungeon 7. Even less when it’s the science/tech dungeon. So yes, this is a punishment.
    1)If you wait till day 3 it’ll be two weeks before you can run dungeons again, so yes you can use your 5s again.

2)If permanent then it’s a similar cadence to the original dungeon design with increased rewards all around. That’s an improvement.

3)There are other champions in your roster and lower level rooms to accomdate those chanpions which will allow the collection of milestones.

4) Like most rewards in the game your ability to collect them is reliant on your roster, if your roster doesn’t pass you don’t pass without units.

5)If sci/tech then budget accordingly if you wish to d7 5+, budgeting is a compent of the game. Or use the rewars to improve your tech/sci visbility if it’s a pain point.

5)Having all champions available for every dungeon is monotonous and dull.
    H

1)If you wait till day 3 it’ll be two weeks before you can run dungeons again, so yes you can use your 5s again.

2)If permanent then it’s a similar cadence to the original dungeon design with increased rewards all around. That’s an improvement.

3)There are other champions in your roster and lower level rooms to accomdate those chanpions which will allow the collection of milestones.

4) Like most rewards in the game your ability to collect them is reliant on your roster, if your roster doesn’t pass you don’t pass without units.

5)If sci/tech then budget accordingly if you wish to d7 5+, budgeting is a compent of the game. Or use the rewars to improve your tech/sci visbility if it’s a pain point.

It looks like you invest 24/7 in the game bro. We have real life, we dont have time!!!!

1) this will most likely become permanent.

2) increased rewards how? I’m not looking to go past room 5 to get all the milestones. It’s the same rewards as the last iteration, just seems like more. The artifact acquisition is the same. Not sure about the gold but if it is increased, it’s not significant.

3) this is absolutely your worst point. If I’m already complaining about the time spent to get the milestones in the first place, why would I want to spend even more time and effort to get the same rewards. You’ve perfectly outlined a step backwards.

4) I don’t really have a rebuttal for that. I guess you’re right. Just even more discouraging instead of encouraging me to do extra content.

5) how exactly do I budget? I have problems with that dungeon because I don’t have decent poison immune for Abom. I also don’t really have an effective way to deal with him or Electro especially with dungeon buffs. So not sure what you mean about budgeting. I just need better luck.

6 (not a second 5)) not really. The buffs tend to cycle pretty well so you always have different fights and the champs get mixed up too. Not boring at all.

I’m glad you find this change better. For me personally I don’t see this as a positive, but rather a negative. There was no real reason to increase the cooldown timers. It’s just another money making scheme. Dungeons were originally designed to help add champs to your roster. Now they want to add rank up materials to it and increase the cooldown timers to try and generate a little more revenue. It is what it is. To me it’s a punishment. To the whales that want to grind for more rank up materials I’m sure it’s a blessing. Just my two cents.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★

And this is one of several reasons why Dungeons is failing as a game mode in MCOC.
    edited December 2018
    @Viper1987
    1) Bring it on! Games are meant to challenge you, when they do not we put them down.

2)Increased rewards compared to the original structure dungeon timers were originally built around, not the rewards available in recent iterations where they adjusted the time allotted to complete a dungeon series and failed to adjust cooldowns relatively.

3)It’s not mandatory, take it or leave it like you do with other rewards. Or spend the same ammount of time in lower dungoens with the champs you have which will enable you to collect the majority of rewards just not all the rewards. Same concept applies to, and is in practiced in, arenas, AQ, etc

5) I do not have access to your roster to give pointers on how to budget for electro and abom. However if you currently run against those champions im not sure how you are painting yourself into a corner which will prevent you from doing so in the future, guess that’s where budgeting comes into play.

6)Failing to see how using the same champions against all champions is anything but monotonous.

The ultimate goal is to make money but that is largely done through engagement giving players the opportunity to spend not requiring players to spend. Dungeons were also originally designed with a cooldown cadence that encouraged using a varied roster and that was lost when 3 day dungeons became a thing.....
    @Viper1987
    1) Bring it on! Games are meant to challenge you, when they do not we put them down.

2)Increased rewards compared to the original structure dungeon timers were originally built around, not the rewards available in recent iterations where they adjusted the time allotted to complete a dungeon series and failed to adjust cooldowns relatively.

3)It’s not mandatory, take it or leave it like you do with other rewards. Or spend the same ammount of time in lower dungoens with the champs you have which will enable you to collect the majority of rewards just not all the rewards. Same concept applies to, and is in practiced in, arenas, AQ, etc

5) I do not have access to your roster to give pointers on how to budget for electro and abom. However if you currently run against those champions im not sure how you are painting yourself into a corner which will prevent you from doing so in the future, guess that’s where budgeting comes into play.

6)Failing to see how using the same champions against all champions is anything but monotonous.

The ultimate goal is to make money but that is largely done through engagement giving players the opportunity to spend not requiring players to spend. Dungeons were also originally designed with a cooldown cadence that encouraged using a varied roster and that was lost when 3 day dungeons became a thing.....

The back and forth is pointless. Basically why can’t I get the rewards I was always getting? Bottom line. It’s basically a reward nerf.