**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ending 2018 in true Kabam style

What happened, did you guys hire back old programmers. Remember when the game saw the end of thorns? How the war maps were update because the community spoke out against such a terrible buff. It seems to me that you want to make sure you brought back the clown fiesta, in the monthly quest and now the new AQ maps. Did we not learn anything. A buff that can’t be avoid, that has no work around is just a money grab. Come on, let’s get back to those days were we all agreed Thorns should never have a place in this game!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    Remember when none of that happened. Just because thorns isnt a main node, doesnt mean they got rid of it for good.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Remember when none of that happened. Just because thorns isnt a main node, doesnt mean they got rid of it for good.

They actually pulled it from war for that reason exactly. And if I cared to prove the point I’d dig back to find the post. But in reality it’s not worth arguing.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    There are a lot of counters to thorns now, the main problem with it back then was that is was a widely and often used without many counters. This month's event quest has literally 1 path with the node. I can't speak for AQ as I don't run map 6 but in an alliance with 30 high level rosters it's reasonable to expect there are at least one or two people with champions that counter thorns well. The damage isn't that much less avoidable than nodes like poison, bleed, caltrops and champions like magik, electro or korg. You just need to bring the right counters which is pretty much how this game has been designed to work.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    There are a lot of counters to thorns now, the main problem with it back then was that is was a widely and often used without many counters. This month's event quest has literally 1 path with the node. I can't speak for AQ as I don't run map 6 but in an alliance with 30 high level rosters it's reasonable to expect there are at least one or two people with champions that counter thorns well. The damage isn't that much less avoidable than nodes like poison, bleed, caltrops and champions like magik, electro or korg. You just need to bring the right counters which is pretty much how this game has been designed to work.

I’d love a list of counters, I must be missing them. Thanks in advance. I find I still learn stuff in this game even three years in.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    IsItthough wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

They actually pulled it from war for that reason exactly. And if I cared to prove the point I’d dig back to find the post. But in reality it’s not worth arguing.

They changed the map in AW, yes. Then they completely changed the map but didn't put thorns in and opted for other nodes. Just because they took it out for AW, doesn't mean it wasn't ever coming back. Find a counter like CB and BW.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Thorns is just a money pit and you have very few champs who counter it period
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Slashed tires was way worse than thorns. Black widow always countered thorns.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Black widow with the quake synergy counters thorns
    And I’m pretty sure omega reds heavies counter thorns