**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Heimdall

I picked up a 5s heimdall and i was happy about it... i knew that his damage output was not that good but then i realize that he really seems to have a plastic sword (not only for the lack of bleed). Permanent true strike is amazing but his base stats are incredibly low and even with 5 furies and 4 armor break damage output is so underwhelming... also block proficiency is extremely low.

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Heimdall needs to be duped to have more use than his synergies
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It’s true he has low BP but he also needs to be awakened for full potential. That crit buff helps his damage output a lot and the power gain lets him fire off a special much quicker after his first fight. I have a 4/55 and he crits in the 3k-4k range and he’s taken down plenty of 4/55 Medusas and Ultron on breakthrough/stun immunity minis in war.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    r3nTs wrote: »
    Critical rating 9% armor rating 7%... please name a character with lower stats in the game. That’s what i was saying before you started worshipping yourself and treating me like a nooB... no stark or corvus damage output, no buff requested i was just wondering why base stats are setted up completely random by kabam for new characters. If you’re born in 87, like i suppose, you should stop being such a baby

@r3nTs Please name another character with permanent true strike and synergy that revives all your champions when they KO. Damage potential by itself hasn't been an accurate measure of champions' worth for over a year.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He is there for true stike and synergy not damage
    Critical rating 9% armor rating 7%... please name a character with lower stats in the game. That’s what i was saying before you started worshipping yourself and treating me like a nooB... no stark or corvus damage output, no buff requested i was just wondering why base stats are setted up completely random by kabam for new characters. If you’re born in 87, like i suppose, you should stop being such a baby

I’m not the one crying because I’m basing a champs value solely on damage or base stats. I told you what potential he has. If you only care about damage, Heimdall is not the champ for you.
    edited December 2018
    Again, i don’t ask him to hit like a truck... and i’m not talking only about his damage. Maybe i didn’t explain properly (possible considering my s****y english) or maybe you focused discussion where you want to. I just pointed out that base stats are setted up randomly by kabam... let’s do this way so maybe you can understand what i mean. Heimdall: a demigod, 7 “ of a warrior with a golden armor... 7% armor rating. Psylocke: 18%... is it normal in your opinion? Come on..........

I apologize for coming off like an a-hole that wasn’t fair of me. I get defensive over Heimdall because he is hugely underrated and I’m just tired of people saying he’s trash because he doesn’t hit like Sparky. Please forgive me and let’s start over.

Heimdall, like probably a lot of other champs that rely on buffs, tend to have lower base stats. This is because if they had the normal stats of other champs AND the buffs, they would be easily overpowered. Yes his crit rating is low, but he gets a sizable precision buff with sig. yes his armor is a tad low, but he gets armor buffs. His base attack is low but he gets fury. Just like Sabretooth and KG, they have low base attack values because they are able to build up fury to increase that attack.

That’s being said, Heimdall is certainly a ramp up champ like a lot of other cosmic champs, Hela, Angela, Proxima, Corvus, etc. However unlike those champs, his focus is not on pure damage, but utility. Permanent true strike which also allows you to parry stun Domino, Yondu, and IMIW is a nice added bit of utility to have. Also, as I mentioned before I think you need yours duped to gain the most out of him. His sig gives him a nice precision buff to help with his lower crit rate and also allows you to convert the buffs at the end of the fight into power during the next fight. This allows you to potentially gain a bar of power within 5 seconds to basically have true strike up instantly. This is a huge boon for things like immunity Spider-Man where it may be hard to build up true strike with Karnak or KM.

In addition his synergies are hugely useful. Unfortunately it doesn’t affect Heimdall personally, but just having him in your team allows your champs to cheat death once per fight which is incredibly useful. Add either Thor or Loki to regen 15% of missing health per fight, or Angela/Hela to get a permanent 15% passive fury for the remainder of the fight.

All in all if you can appreciate utility champs that don’t have absurd damage output, I believe Heimdall is a winner. He can be setup to do decent damage and can deal with some problem champs. If you’re looking for more of a hard hitter, you probably won’t enjoy him as much.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Again, i don’t ask him to hit like a truck... and i’m not talking only about his damage. Maybe i didn’t explain properly (possible considering my s****y english) or maybe you focused discussion where you want to. I just pointed out that base stats are setted up randomly by kabam... let’s do this way so maybe you can understand what i mean. Heimdall: a demigod, 7 “ of a warrior with a golden armor... 7% armor rating. Psylocke: 18%... is it normal in your opinion? Come on..........

Ultron has the same thing with armor. Heimdall has low armor because he gains armor up buffs, he has low damage because he gains a lot of Fury buffs. Despite those furies being weak that is how he was designed, and how he will be
    edited January 2019
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

I apologize for coming off like an a-hole that wasn’t fair of me. I get defensive over Heimdall because he is hugely underrated and I’m just tired of people saying he’s trash because he doesn’t hit like Sparky. Please forgive me and let’s start over.

Heimdall, like probably a lot of other champs that rely on buffs, tend to have lower base stats. This is because if they had the normal stats of other champs AND the buffs, they would be easily overpowered. Yes his crit rating is low, but he gets a sizable precision buff with sig. yes his armor is a tad low, but he gets armor buffs. His base attack is low but he gets fury. Just like Sabretooth and KG, they have low base attack values because they are able to build up fury to increase that attack.

That’s being said, Heimdall is certainly a ramp up champ like a lot of other cosmic champs, Hela, Angela, Proxima, Corvus, etc. However unlike those champs, his focus is not on pure damage, but utility. Permanent true strike which also allows you to parry stun Domino, Yondu, and IMIW is a nice added bit of utility to have. Also, as I mentioned before I think you need yours duped to gain the most out of him. His sig gives him a nice precision buff to help with his lower crit rate and also allows you to convert the buffs at the end of the fight into power during the next fight. This allows you to potentially gain a bar of power within 5 seconds to basically have true strike up instantly. This is a huge boon for things like immunity Spider-Man where it may be hard to build up true strike with Karnak or KM.

In addition his synergies are hugely useful. Unfortunately it doesn’t affect Heimdall personally, but just having him in your team allows your champs to cheat death once per fight which is incredibly useful. Add either Thor or Loki to regen 15% of missing health per fight, or Angela/Hela to get a permanent 15% passive fury for the remainder of the fight.

All in all if you can appreciate utility champs that don’t have absurd damage output, I believe Heimdall is a winner. He can be setup to do decent damage and can deal with some problem champs. If you’re looking for more of a hard hitter, you probably won’t enjoy him as much.

I have read it only today, and i agree on the cosmic ramp up mechanic but honestly i don’t think that anybody will use him anyway except for his synergies. Think about corvus, one of the best damage dealer, can also obtain a permanent true strike if there is a proxima in your team....who would choose heimdal on corvus? IMO except for his amazing synergies heimdall is like karnak that’s all and i’m really sorry about this because i’m a fan of heimdall like you

You’re also making two assumptions. One, that people have a choice. Not everyone gets the same champs. Some may pull Heimdall before Corvus. Some may never pull Corvus at all.

Two, that there will always be an auto block champ that makes it easy enough to trigger auto block/evade. Granted if you need it you’ll trigger it, but in war it can be tricky and dangerous.

For me personally I actually do like Heimdall over Corvus. I have a 4/55 Heimdall and a 3/45 Corvus. I find Heimdall much more fun and useable. He has better utility and it doesn’t force you to lose a champ slot for synergy. In the end it comes down to preference. Heimdall can also parry stun projectile basic attack using champs like Yondu, Domino, and IMIW which is another plus, too. I’m sure I’m the outlier and most people would call me crazy but it makes no difference to me. To each their own.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    His dupe helps quite a bit bit with damage. He's definitely one of those champs that needs his sig ability. Once duped his damage is acceptable. Probably my biggest concern is his horrible armor not crit rate.