**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suicides + UC Elektra

So, she degenerates half of champion's health in 12 seconds but doesn't allow him to get it back. Great. No problem. But for those that run suicides (like myself), that heal block means he is always losing health. As suicide users know, Elektra is (almost) impossible to parry if we have a debuff (bleed/poison). That means we have to intercept or bait heavy, which makes for a longer fight. And that heal block keeps ticking. Then everybody except science has his attack reduced by half, which makes for an even longer fight. Tick tack tick tack.

As a result, on the 3 times I get there I defeated her with my last champion (5* duped R4 Hulk) after she melted my other 4 (5* R4 Hawkeye, 6* R1 Hawkeye, 5* R4 Yondu and 5* R5 duped Blade) without landing a single hit. And no, I don't have a double immune 5*.

I am curious to know what other suicide lovers think of this boss and what was the strategy.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Don’t use suvside els use imuns champ
  • 6yrara936yrara93 Posts: 60
    Used full suicides and I just stick to intercepts and blasted through her.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I do get where you're coming from, the unavoidable damage is a pain in the ass. Combine it with suicides, and its even less ideal.

But at the same time, adjusting masteries is sometimes just a part of the game. If you're having difficulty completing the fight with suicides, consider altering your setup to clear the quest.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    All those 6 fights were tough which are tough on summoners especially for the holidays,skull,electra,punisher,taskmaster,nightrasher and above all darkhawk.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I'd reccomend more suicide friendly champs. Omega red/iceman do quite well for this fight.
  • Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 164 ★★
    Use double immunities and you'll be fine :) any robot or iceman
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    or use ghost
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    or use ghost

You didnt say morningstar.. are you sick?

LOL, she's not good with suicides unless you put them after you have your souls
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Well, yes. If it's Heal Block, Suicides are a death sentence.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I have poison as a mastery and already completdñed that chapter using red hulk, is 4 stars R4, not that hard since when you degenerate stack up that heat charges and start hitting super hard.

Also used iceman 4 stars r5 and on one fight Sentinel 5 stars R3.

I soloed all fights with one of the champs listed above.
    Gildenlow wrote: »
    I have poison as a mastery and already completdñed that chapter using red hulk, is 4 stars R4, not that hard since when you degenerate stack up that heat charges and start hitting super hard.

Does Sentinel Degen? Are all Robots immune, or does the Node bypass it? I have him R3 and it never occurred to me to take him in. Lol.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★

Does Sentinel Degen? Are all Robots immune, or does the Node bypass it? I have him R3 and it never occurred to me to take him in. Lol.

He is inmune to bleed and poison. It's the nod that makes you degenerate 50% of your life in 12 seconds, other than that you cool, he is a fantastic champ and since I use suicides I always use him on block healing paths.

He is inmune to bleed and poison. It's the nod that makes you degenerate 50% of your life in 12 seconds, other than that you cool, he is a fantastic champ and since I use suicides I always use him on block healing paths.

Ok so you still Degen. Thanks.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Suicides are so 2016.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    I will say this the whole unavoidable damage trend started with the infinity war plotline at first it was nice but now its plain getting annoying
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Suicides are stupid except in Arena. Or if you have God Tier immunes. Either way, I have R5 5* and I oneshot that Elektra every time. Without suicides. On Master ànd UC.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Suicides are stupid except in Arena. Or if you have God Tier immunes. Either way, I have R5 5* and I oneshot that Elektra every time. Without suicides. On Master ànd UC.

Electra is easy. I have suicides and my 6 star nebula smoked her with 40,000 shock damage on sp2 per tick.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I have 31 5* and none is double immune. I wish I had a Omega Red, Sentinel, Nebula, Iceman, whatever. So, that is not a solution for me.

I like using Suicides, I think the increase in damage compensates the recoil and other nuisances. Maybe one day I get fed up and change the masteries. But not gonna spend units doing it just for one fight.

Although I think unavoidable damage is just lazy design, lack of ideas or just plain milking the players, I don't complain. When I think the game as gone too far I will move to another game. Done so in the past.

I just wanted to know if other Suicide Lovers that don't have double immune champs struggled as much on that Elektra.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    I have 31 5* and none is double immune. I wish I had a Omega Red, Sentinel, Nebula, Iceman, whatever. So, that is not a solution for me.

I like using Suicides, I think the increase in damage compensates the recoil and other nuisances. Maybe one day I get fed up and change the masteries. But not gonna spend units doing it just for one fight.

Although I think unavoidable damage is just lazy design, lack of ideas or just plain milking the players, I don't complain. When I think the game as gone too far I will move to another game. Done so in the past.

I just wanted to know if other Suicide Lovers that don't have double immune champs struggled as much on that Elektra.

You know you can use 4* too right?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I will say this the whole unavoidable damage trend started with the infinity war plotline at first it was nice but now its plain getting annoying

Us old timers remember AW 1.0 with thorns, starburst and actual degen nodes.. back when self healing champ options were limited to iron man, ultron, wolverine and switch. Ah the good old days.

It's certainly not a new trend. It's one they mostly went away from in 12.0 and have slowly reintroduced them. It's like boiling live seafood. Put it in first and then turn up the heat so they don't freak out versus when you drop them straight into boiling water.

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    What? I just dump the live lobsters in boiling water
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I used suicides with a poison immune and 3/3 coagulate. I managed to finish the fight with about 10% health every time lol.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    I have red hulk, nebula, iceman. R suicides really that great? Do they take off that much damage?
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

You think this is bad? You should have seen what it was like 3 years ago. Star burst, thorns , degen every where! As was said, they moved away from it in 12.0. As soon as I saw Korg had thorns and they specifically mentioned the word thorns, I knew it would be back in full force at some point.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    doctorb wrote: »
    I have red hulk, nebula, iceman. R suicides really that great? Do they take off that much damage?

Full suicides increase attack by 60%. The downsides:
    1. your champions start the fight bleeding (that expires in some seconds, think it's 20) and poison, that never expires. This, of course, can be averted with double immune champions.
    2. 2. When you use SP1 or SP2 you lose 5% of your max health (recoil). Only SP3 doesn't make you lose health.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

Wait, just to clarify, you’re not under the impression that robots are immune to degen, right @GroundedWisdom ? They’re not.