**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opposite to taunt mechanic?

A few days ago, I saw a post on taunt, and whether it should be made more common in the game.
This got me thinking, and I came up with this idea:

A mechanic opposite to taunt which, instead of help baiting specials, it would greatly reduce the chance of the opponent using a special.
The debuff could be called something like "hesitation"
This debuff would help get past a certain special, for example, an unblockable SP1 node where you're unsure about. Using this mechanic, you'd be able to prevent the SP1 from triggering, and push the opponent to and sp2 instead.
Another scenario where this may be useful, is if an opponent has power gain and is almost at an sp3, and they're not using their sp2, and the fight is almost over, yet you're unsure whether or not you'll be able to finish them off. You can trigger this debuff, after which you can saftely push them to an sp3.
As the chance won't be reduced by 100%, there should also be a backup mechanic that would reduce special damage, when the debuff is active.
I feel that such a mechanic would be greatly beneficial, and a worthy alternative to releasing more champs with a taunt mechanic instead.

What are your opinions on this, and what changes would you make to this idea?

Thanks for reading this chunk of text.

Comments

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Interesting idea, taunt would obviously be more useful in terms of utility. But this is an alternative, perhaps good on all or nothing. Give it to an older power control champion like AOU vision, maybe on the heavy attack, gives you more time to build up and drain power
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Only problem is, no one will see this cause no one looks in the suggestions category :(