**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 21.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 50
    Username: FieryWater
    Device: Iphone 5S
    IOS Version: 12.1
    Game Version: 21.1
    Wi-Fi
    All Game Modes, specially EQ
    Whenever I enter a fight, the game lags periodically for a second or two. This absolutely destroys the fight and i end up getting beaten by stronger opponents. Especilly in EQ, when I enter the Darkhawk fight in Master Mode, the game always crashes and the recovery screen comes up on restarting the game. then it lags over and over again.
    Any action to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated
  • In-Game Name: RARA_ANZAI
    Device and Model: IPAD AIR2
    Device Operating System: (iOS 12.1)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 12.1.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests (Darkhawk boss), Alliance War

Description of the Issue:

Event Quest - When facing Darkhawk boss, it starts with lagged framerate before the "START" word and when I have my thumb on the screen ready to dash back, the animation looks like missing few frames, got hit and die. This behavior happened to all tries. Lost all heroes because of not able to dash back during the start of the fight. Everytime I restart the path to the boss, the same lags happened and sometimes it crashes the game when entering the fight on 2nd or 3rd try.

Alliance War - all fights lagged during parry and dash back, it feels like there is some missing frame happened before the champs about to hit each other.
  • In-Game Name: yathlete88
    Device and Model: iphone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 11
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 21.1
    Game Mode: event quest
    Description of the Issue: Every time i enter the fight against dark hawk in both heroic and master difficulties the game shuts down.
  • Heikomat2000Heikomat2000 Posts: 11
    I have got similar problems on same devices as posted already, so I cannot provide new Input regarding devices, but:
    the lag issue is happening on Master and Uncollected fight against darkhawk, but NOT on heroic. So it might Not be the Champion, but the nodes that are to blame.
  • CrowShowCrowShow Posts: 4
    Crowshow
    IOS 12.1
    IPhone 6S
    Game Version 12.1
    When fighting event quest against Deadpool/Venompool/Darkhawk and their sp1 is used against me; my screen lags and cuts out and can’t avoid hit. Also, when starting fight in EQ against Darkhawk (Master difficulty); cannot dash back at start of fight- my hero freezes.
  • Cro_RebelCro_Rebel Posts: 3
    This is absolutely ridiculous. When fighting darkhawk, The game crashes 2-3 times per fight. When you finally do start to fight him, the lag prevents me from invading the Unblockable SP2. I’ve already used 3 team revives & boosts but What’s the point? If the game isn’t working properly and being unresponsive. Not impressed
  • In-Game Name: CndnSol
    Device and Model: iPhone 6+
    Device Operating System: 12.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.1
    Game Mode: Story quest
    Description of the Issue: In both master and uncollected, starting fights against Darkhawk causes game to crash and fight is recovered every time. A few times the game has crashed mid-fight with random fight recovery. Lag also occurs right before fight starts where I'm unable to evade the unblockable attacks resulting in instant death.
  • AdvoMiggyAdvoMiggy Posts: 73
    In-Game Name: AdvoMiggy
    Device and Model: iPhone 6S Plus
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? Both
    Game Version Installed: current
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: It is Freezing up in between fights. It will get stuck on load and not do anything. It remains frozen even if I try to force quit the game. I will find myself KO’d if I attempted to start a fight but got froze out. This started happening when I started testing out the AQ Beta form. Not sure if that’s just a coincidence.
  • Fultsy24Fultsy24 Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    Iphone 6, iSO 12.1, lasted game version, highspeed Wifi, ingame ID Fultsy24. 90% game crash when fighting uncollected Darkhawk. When I am able to fight, extreme lag to the point of instant death from SP2. Thousands of units used ... must be compensated.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    Gamertag: IzzeKing
    Device: IPhone 6s
    Operating System: IOS 12.1
    Cellular + WiFi
    Phone Provider: Fido
    Game Version: Current
    Game Mode: All (AW,AQ,Arena,etc)
    Issue: The is a problem with Dexterity, Block/Parry and Medium Attack at the end of a 5 hit combo. I’ve been playing with this problem for months. I’ve just been putting up with it, but since you’ve made game play tougher, it is nearly impossible to win. There are times where I’m holding block and my champ will just start running forward. Other times I will parry perfectly 8x in a row and then all of a sudden it doesn’t register any more. Sometimes I’ll hold block early and the defender will just punch right through it. I’ve even gone as far as over exaggerating my moves hoping for a better result and still missing moves at crucial times. It feels like I went from pro to novice. On top of all this the defender often connect with an attack before the attack is even thrown. I once was killed by Rhino’s stomp before he even hit the ground. I can see from reading everyone else’s complaints that I’m not alone.
  • CrowShowCrowShow Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    Game Tag: CrowShow
    IPhone 6S
    iOS 12.1
    Game version 21
    Cellular&Wifi modes
    EQ in Master version lags against DarkHawk. Cannot start fight w/o it lagging first few seconds. If he doesn’t perform his sp2 and KO me, I can begin fighting but it then lags whenever he performs a special attack. Most times I take several hits and am KO’d w/o being able to evade a shot!
    I am frustrated at the amount of energy and resources I have wasted trying to get through this.
    Please provide an updat on when this will be fixed. Here’s a suggestion- take away all the pretty bells and whistles- namely his impossible sp2 to start- and maybe it won’t continually crash the game!
  • I am using iOS. Every time I try to fight dark hawk the game boots me out and when it comes back, my champs energy is cut in half. I have literally lost all my champs due to being booted out of game.
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    edited December 2018
    It has happened to be 3 wars in a row now... I click to start the fight, and it just loads and loads and loads. I'm not exaggerating I've waited minutes and minutes on end and the fight just doesn't start. I tried going back to home page of my iPhone (6s) and going back on the game... still loading endlessly. Forces me to close the app, then I have to go back to my AW BG and my champ is there with half health missing + I'm pretty sure that gives the opponent a kill.
    Please fix this :(
    Thanks Kabam.

*OH and it really only happens to me in AW 100%. Nowhere else. Idk if that helps!
    Am I really the only one? :o
  • So you can't fight any champs when war is at 100%? Sounds like it's working as intended!
    edited December 2018
    So you can't fight any champs when war is at 100%? Sounds like it's working as intended!

Lol no, sorry if that wasn't clear. I meant that it only happens in AW. It has never happened in any other game mode (ex. AQ, Story, Arena, EQ, etc.)
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Happens to me all the time in AQ... It's really annoying because it only ever happens within the first 2 hours too...
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    No, this has happened to me over the years many times. There is basically nothing u can do.

I have found that loading the game using a VPN and then reloading the game with it off does seem to reduce this happening.

Sometimes i can't even get the game to load without doing this firstly.
  • marchisiomarchisio Posts: 10
    In game name : cheese15
    Ios 11.4.1
    Carrier verizon
    Iphone 6

Having issues when fighting nighthawk, as soon as the fight start the game just instantly freezes and lags then all of sudden i get hit instantly and die.. im sure it doesnt help i have an old iphone and not the newest ios but just wanted to send this just in case anyone else is having issues, ive heard theres been some issues when fighting nighthawk hopefully it can get fixed so me and anyone else can finish uncollected 👍🏻
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Is there any update for this? This is insane, we are weeks into EQ and I still can't load the darkhawk fight and when it does load as soon as he charges at me or uses sp2, the game lags.

I have tried virtually all these possible solutions, turned off features on my phone until it was running just the base needed, reinstalled the game twice, tried the fight on multiple wifi networks/4g areas, and nothing works. How much longer is it going to be until we can get a fix? I spent an hour...an HOUR...trying to load the fight 5 times on uncollected and eventually just quit the event again.

Please, kabam, can you get an iphone 6/6+ and try to fight darkhawk (EQ 3.2 boss) and see what it is like? We need a fix.
  • AP3AP3 Posts: 5
    I’ve been having an issue for over a month now where I can’t evade ranged attacks at all. Cyclops, iceman, ultron, magneto and more are way more difficult now. In fact, I can’t take the left line in AQ because it has a cyclops with an unblockable sp1 and since I can’t evade...... also noticing some sporadic lack of blocking, charging when I’m trying to block, and phantom heavies. The game is broken for me and I’m limping through Aw and AQ but not having fun. If it wasn’t for my alliance I’d have quit the game. Anyone else noticing this?
  • AP3AP3 Posts: 5
    I should add, I’ve raised multiple tickets and get a generic “your patience is greatly appreciated while we might or might not look into this issue.”
  • Cro_RebelCro_Rebel Posts: 3
    KABAM, The patch did NOT work. Still Can’t fight DarkHawk in EQ. The lag is TERRIBLE. The game still crashes at the beginning of the fight.
    I’m done with spending units on team revives and health.

THE PATCH DOESN'T WORK
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    edited December 2018
    iOS, 7+. Latest update has the game laggier than before.
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    Coach Led
    iPhone X
    Latest iOS
    Cellular
    Latest game version
    All modes
    I’m experiencing some extremely long load times between screens. (Ex. I join the chill event and it takes 20-30 seconds for the map to load) Once I am in a certain mode, load times seem fine. It’s only when switching between modes that this issue occurs. This didn’t happen in previous versions. Started after most recent update.
  • In-Game Name: RickyG-Chicago
    Device and Model: iPhone 8s Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular AND WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 12.1.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Crystal Vault
    Description of the Issue: The loading screens for ALL game modes take an exceptionally long time to complete (20-30 seconds in most cases). I’ve also experienced dropped inputs will in battles in Alliance Quest and Alliance War. These are almost always associated with the left-hand controls (i.e. blocking, evading). Lastly, the load times and spinning animations in the Crystal Vault have been very “laggy” and choppy
This discussion has been closed.