**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do we fight against real people in Quickmatch in versus mode?

Do we fight against real people in quickmatch in versus mode or do we fight against other people's avatars that are controlled by the computer?

Comments

• Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    It's all AI, we never fight against real people
  • MAP448MAP448 Posts: 24
    Is M.C.O.C. really ran by a true A.I.?
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    The whole game is AI.
    edited December 2018
    Your humor is wonderful but I am asking an honest question.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    Well it depends on what you mean by run by true AI. The game is developed by people, Canadians even so a decent bunch, but all the fights you encounter are against a computer opponent or "AI", but it's not a self learning type AI ( I hope).
    That's why I asked the question. I want to know everything I can about the versus fights. I have noticed that in quickmatch sometimes I fight against the same person using the same character multiple fights in a row while I am using different characters. I also know that for a small unit fee that players have the opportunity to re-use said characters. That's why I ask this question. In the entire rest of the game I know that we fight against each others avatars that are controlled by a program. Why do they call the fights in Quickmatch PVP or player versus player fights if these fights aren't so?
    It's because doing a real PvP wouldn't really work in this game. You still play against another players' account, just controlled by the computer. I don't know if it always chooses the top champ of that player, like duels, but probably.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    MAP448 wrote: »
    That's why I asked the question. I want to know everything I can about the versus fights. I have noticed that in quickmatch sometimes I fight against the same person using the same character multiple fights in a row while I am using different characters. I also know that for a small unit fee that players have the opportunity to re-use said characters. That's why I ask this question. In the entire rest of the game I know that we fight against each others avatars that are controlled by a program. Why do they call the fights in Quickmatch PVP or player versus player fights if these fights aren't so?

I believe you are playing other summoners' characters (selected by Kabam) but they are definitely played by the AI not the summoners themselves.
    That's why I'm asking the question. It would be really nice if there was a way to find out for real. While we all have our (beliefs/opinions) & I respect everyone's beliefs.I just want to know the cold hard facts.
    It's sad that you can't have an honest truth-seeking conversation without being mocked.
    Love the meme.

But to the OP

Facts:
    You are playing against another players account
    It is run by a computer AI

Guess:
    You fight against the players top champ like duels
    or
    A champ is choosen from it that matches your account and follows an arena like progression
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    Do we fight against real people in quickmatch in versus mode or do we fight against other people's avatars that are controlled by the computer?

You don't sadly I also wish that u could fight real people because it would make the game much more fun
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    You are definitely NOT playing against a real person in the 1v1 (or arena) scenarios. The matches get scaled by AI so they start out really easy (what real person is just going to stand there?) and get progressively harder with each win.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    I was always under the impression that the teams you face in arena are actual teams which that opponent has also used in arena. That's why its not uncommon to face the trinity for example.

To answer the OP though (as others already have). You are not playing against a real person, ever. This has been confirmed by kabam many times but if you want some other form of proof then pause the fight and see how long they wait for you to come back 😉
    I was always under the impression that the teams you face in arena are actual teams which that opponent has also used in arena. That's why its not uncommon to face the trinity for example.

I seem to fight the same players each time I bring my specific teams in. For example, my Morningstar/Angela/MODOK team usually gives me the choice between the same 3 teams every time. Once in a blue moon a different team will he there but that's rare.
    I know 4 a fact that the 3vs3 is avatars controlled by the computer. Once again I will repeat my original & only question. Do you fight against real people in "Quickmatch" in the versus mode?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Grecianfox wrote: »

You don't sadly I also wish that u could fight real people because it would make the game much more fun

Wrong. Live PvP in this game would be a nightmare.
    I know 4 a fact that the 3vs3 is avatars controlled by the computer. Once again I will repeat my original & only question. Do you fight against real people in "Quickmatch" in the versus mode?
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »
    But to the OP

Facts:
    You are playing against another players account
    It is run by a computer AI

Guess:
    You fight against the players top champ like duels
    or
    A champ is choosen from it that matches your account and follows an arena like progression

We have answered that a few times over already.
    Is there anyone on here that speaks for kabam?
  • Koya_M0lekKoya_M0lek Posts: 23
    Leave him alone. He won’t listen to us instead many answers given.

NO. You NEVER fight against a reap person. Just about everyone has answered you saying that.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

We answer because your question has been asked before and Kabam has mentioned it.

Has your quickmatch ever been paused by the opponent? Why can you pause quickmatch and no one ever quits?

The game wasn't built for PvP and they have no intention of ever adding it.
  • FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    Dude, just pause the match.

Checkmate, conspiracy theorist.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @MAP448 You don't fight real people in quickmatch, versus, quests, anything. You fight AI, or computerized players. If actual people fought you the game would lag a lot more than it does, and it wouldn't work.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I know this is not the meme-thread, but I couldn't help it...

2p618t.jpg

we're teaching them to drown us with microtransactions ... that's our weakness ... overpriced offers ...
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    You fight against other summoner teams controlled by AI.

It's a team that they've used in that arena before. So not necessarily their top champs.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    edited December 2018
    @MAP448 You don't fight real people in quickmatch, versus, quests, anything. You fight AI, or computerized players. If actual people fought you the game would lag a lot more than it does, and it wouldn't work.

exactly, and if it lagged, the opponent could have an opening to attack, so it would be a game of who has the better wifi provider. there have always been trouble connecting players flawlessly without lag. if and when we do get it, no one will play it because of how unfair and laggy it is, so it would be a failure for both kabam and the playerbase.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    real peoples accounts most the time just they not controlling them the AI is