**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think it’s better to rank up champions you love to play, or champs that are “God tier”?

I was wondering what the community thought. People usually rank up champions based on how good they are in the game (Blade, Domino, Sparky) and not how much they love to play them. I personally think that blade is so boring to use and though he may be good, I’ll probably never take him up if I pull him as a 5*. Don’t get me wrong, some champs like void and Sparky are fun to play and really good, but I would r5 hood, mordo, or sentry because I love their animations and love to play them. I was wondering what everyone thought. There are people who r5 kamala khan and spider Gwen (there is some awesome KK gameplay on YouTube as a 5/65) I would recommend you go check it out. My alliance mate is even thinking about taking colossus to r5 as a 5*(I personally find him boring to play, but I guess it’s just his preference).

Comments

• issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    I Ranked 5 My Sentry As My First 4* Even That I have A Blade

My 5* Rank 5 Should Hopefully be Carnage

I don't care About God tire or not
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Depends on what level of want to compete at
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Depends on if you want to be competitive in AW and AQ.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    It's definitely worth trying to figure out and enjoy playing upper tier champs. There are times I didn't "get it" at first, but kept at it because of the community's appraisal of them and in some cases I'm glad I did. But there are also some champs that I just don't enjoy playing or am not very great with. In the end, rank up who you enjoy but always give "God" tier a fair shot before passing them by.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    I do a bit of both, more focused on the champs with better utility and advantage, and some on the champs I like to play. I also think that if you master the champs you love to play, even if they are not so-called god tier, you can win a lot of fights with them.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    God Tier champs. Only rank up the champions you love to play when you have the extra resources, because it’s really not worth it if you want to progress.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    I play with God tier champs,so I know how to play with them.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    We'll see when you do get a 5* Blade and you dont rank him up lol, When you r5 your sentry then please let me know and I'll have a good laugh.

Also, ppl who r5 their spider gwen feel awesome about it. The good thing about her is that SP1 hits real hard.
    We have someone in our alliance who will r5 their spidergwen, if they pull one before they can 5/65 sparky, she's that good.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Take both into consideration. Don't rank trash, but the good not great champs you love are totally worth ranking.

If I ever get a 5 or 6 star Rulk, I'm taking him up asap. I love the character, and I love how he plays.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Think of it this way:

Ranking "god tier" champs will allow you to complete harder content which will allow you to rank up whoever you want. If you rank up trash then get stuck on content then you can't rank anyone up.

Always better to rank up better champs first. At least rank up champs you need or that will serve some purpose on your roster.

100% this. I am now ranking whoever I want because I have to r4 SL to clear my hardest content. Although there are definitely God tier out there that I also happen to love playing with. Omega red is a great example
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    Frankly, who doesn't enjoy playing a god-tier champ? I don't see anyone saying... "I hate playing blade because he just causes too much damages and wins too much"
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I used to hate sparky. (keep in mind I have a r5 5 * blade)

I just couldn't get used to his style and taking a lot of block damage. Evading that much would get me clipped all the time. I hesitated so much on r4 him. Now he's my go-to for a lot.

Tier lists are made and most are generally accepted. Just because you don't like them at the time doesn't mean its not worth it or won't help you. It depends how you get enjoyment from this game. Majority of my enjoyment is completing difficult content and competing in AW. So majority of my rank ups are with that in mind. If playing with certain characters makes you enjoy the game, rank who you want.

Disclaimer: Some champions are significantly better than others. If you rank a not-so-good champion, you might not have an answer for a certain month's EQ.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    You rank up the ones you are going to be most likely to use.

Having a highly ranked champ you are never going to use doesn't do you much good.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    that is assuming you are not ranking up champs because you have cats that are expiring or something.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Depends on your priorities - it has to be a balance; but ultimately this is a game to play, to have fun. If your priority is achieving everything and being competitive at the highest level, clearly rank up the most powerful champs.

If your priority is mainly about your own enjoyment, you can have the luxury of taking your favourites.

Either way, the choice isn't necessarily yours - you can only play with the champions you have; not the ones you want.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Godlier first, then use that to get resources to rank who you like. If you have expiring resources and all options are iffy, pick your favourite.

I’m quite lucky in that my favourite character atm is CapIW, so I didn’t have this issue when I pulled his 5* and he went straight to R5
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Meet it halfway. Someone you enjoy playing will always be someone you actually are able to clear content with to an extent. I dont enjoy playing with blade and am seriously considering taking venom up instead to R4
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Clydania wrote: »
    Meet it halfway. Someone you enjoy playing will always be someone you actually are able to clear content with to an extent. I dont enjoy playing with blade and am seriously considering taking venom up instead to R4

But., but venom is God tier.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Frankly, who doesn't enjoy playing a god-tier champ? I don't see anyone saying... "I hate playing blade because he just causes too much damages and wins too much"

Me. There’s a few champs considered god tier that I just don’t enjoy playing. Namely Corvus and Magik.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Me. There’s some champs considered god tier that I just don’t enjoy playing. Namely Corvus and Magik.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Both. It depends on the * level though.

For 5* champs, I will take them all to at least R2 for arenas. I will R3 the champs I think are fun, but will only R4+ the champs that are really good or fulfill a utility I need (Blade, Voodoo, Magik, & Hela).

I basically stopped ranking 4* champs unless they are god tier. With 20+ at R4 and an additional 20+ at R5, I don't really need to rank any more since they use up valuable resources for ranking 5*.

I will 4/40 any new 3* champ I get and will rampage in arenas with those because it's cheap and fun.

If I want to play with fun champs, I use my 3* in arena or in Heroic difficulty EQ. If I want to get through hard content, I'll go with the best champ for the job (that I have).

• VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Play what you like. At the end of the day this is a game.. if you’re playing it only to play characters you don’t care for, then what is the point?

I have a few God Tier champs Maxed out, but believe me - once I get a 4 or 5* Ronan or Sentry I will be maxing them out ASAP.
  • LostReplica23LostReplica23 Posts: 183
    I like to invest in the people I like to play as. I also invest in who is the most powerful for where I am in the game
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95
    I rank up who I like mostly, as long as they aren't trash. I took up rouge to rank 5 since I love playing her and she's a great choice.

I also brought up my GP unduped since I love her playstyle. It's face paced if you want to keep up the Armor Break from the L3.

I'm planning on taking Luke Cage to 4/55 once I pull him, again because he's a great champ and he's one of my favourites.

Always rank up what you want, not what your alliance/tier lists say.