**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Maze!

Comments

• SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    Awesome! Keep the challenging stuff coming! Rewards look great sounds fun lets go!
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    How would you make content that's for everyone? If you make it easy, people at the upper end would be bored. I barely have to pay attention even in Uncollected. The only content that is currently out there that actually requires my focus is AW, now day 6 of Map 6 with the cap removed, and Variant. So yeah, let's make this easy so the top tier players finish it by hitting autoplay and still earning the rewards.

They could use the system they have in Dungeons. You pick your team and the strength of your team determines how hard the challenge is for you. The rewards would be scaled accordingly. You only get to use that team then to complete the challenge. Everyone would be able to do the challenge, everyone would get rewards, everyone would be happy.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Another event that only the top 5% with manage, meanwhile everyone else is wondering how they will get the prizes needed to rank up their champions to a high enough level to compete in these events when they can only get these resources by completing such events!!! Rich get richer, MCOC a perfect example of capitalism !!

so im top 5% then
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    1) Killmonger, Heimdall, Karnak (haha)
    2) Iceman
    3) Archangel
    4) Aspect of War/Nightmares/etc nodes on different paths
    5) Champion as boss

Not sure if the first 3 are hints as to who to bring or who the defenders will be, but sounds pretty straight forward.

Looking forward to the challenge

For 1st one definitely a champ to bring, for the cold part we need someone who is Cold Immune, 3rd part my opinion we will face Archangel
  • Flbarros_Flbarros_ Posts: 19
    Prepare yourselves for the units fiesta!!!!
  • I personally think the first one might be heimdall, no clue. the second sounds likes a iceman, the third one sounds like a archangel. Boss Aegon or Champion?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    If 4*s at R4 are enough as far as difficulty goes, I'm game. Killmonger for True Strike, Sabertooth for Coldsnap, Vision & Nebula for immunities, Proxima to finish the Champion off. Plus synergies. Well, it's a plan...
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Kabam Kurt wrote: »
    -Chaos and War can be found to the left, Death and Nightmares will be on the right.

Does noone think these could be Infinity War Thanos just in these four forms (using each stone)? Genesis and Evolution stone forms would be left out. Not sure why people assume it's a node. Sounded like the hints were specifically related to the characters themselves.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Kabam, as a mid tier player I'm disappointed at how you keep ignoring the mid tier players and all to respect those that say we have story and rttl, most of us are training are rosters in this. Then there was helpful events such as infinty dust which helped me a lot in progression as well as helping the end game players. However the amount of mid tier content is kind of low currently in the last special events like this. As the back issues were, and before someone gets mad. Yes, I know they were targeted at beginner and end game content, but we do not benefit well ever way and at the current state of my roster I ingore it. Also end game content is supposed to take awhile such as act 4 and 5 did, and not be rushed through AFAP. I look forward to 2019, hope this doesn't come to be a trend for the game though.

End game players got lol and variant.. that's honestly the only content they've done for end game in 2 years.

Act 5, and numerous Challenges along the way.

🤔 not considered end game if there is content to be cleared. Story quests are not geared towards “end game players”.

So what constitutes End-Game content, if not this and not that? I mean, don't get me wrong, there is obviously a point where people move past what's available and get bored, but there's a great deal of content released that is not accessible for a large majority, and the argument is made that nothing is done for End-Game. I have no issues with something specifically for them, or this Quest for that matter. I just think the same argument can't continually be made when there is a variety of levels offered. I can see how people are a bit put off. This is the second month that something has been released with a Top Percentile demographic in mind. While I'm not arguing with it, I can't help but acknowledge how people are feeling left out. It's a reasonable reaction.

That’s fine thoughts. Except story quests aren’t end game content for end game players. That’s the only exception. I wouldn’t even consider someone a “end game player” if they have story quests available to finish. Yes, double edge sword for when act 6 comes out. Everyone that considers themselves end game won’t be till they have it done 😂

It's not THAT easy to 100% Act 5. XD. I'll give you that one. Fair enough.

lol, yes it is. Act 5 is NOT end game content right now. It was a year ago but it 100% is not any more.
  • knupdiputsknupdiputs Posts: 30
    Another event that only the top 5% with manage, meanwhile everyone else is wondering how they will get the prizes needed to rank up their champions to a high enough level to compete in these events when they can only get these resources by completing such events!!! Rich get richer, MCOC a perfect example of capitalism !!

I love capitalism.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★

Where do you think the people in the top 5% got the resources to be able to complete content geared toward the top 5%?

Finishing war seasons in platinum or higher and spending lots.im just sick of things getting harder with no increase in rewards, this month's event quest is a prime example, uncollected has been getting harder despite my improved roster and now even master is harder. Now I like a challenge I've got most rare titles since bautisa bomb (apologies for spelling) but I'm not seeing a great increase in rewards and therefore progression which is making the game boring
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Kabam, as a mid tier player I'm disappointed at how you keep ignoring the mid tier players and all to respect those that say we have story and rttl, most of us are training are rosters in this. Then there was helpful events such as infinty dust which helped me a lot in progression as well as helping the end game players. However the amount of mid tier content is kind of low currently in the last special events like this. As the back issues were, and before someone gets mad. Yes, I know they were targeted at beginner and end game content, but we do not benefit well ever way and at the current state of my roster I ingore it. Also end game content is supposed to take awhile such as act 4 and 5 did, and not be rushed through AFAP. I look forward to 2019, hope this doesn't come to be a trend for the game though.

End game players got lol and variant.. that's honestly the only content they've done for end game in 2 years.

🤔 not considered end game if there is content to be cleared. Story quests are not geared towards “end game players”.

So what constitutes End-Game content, if not this and not that? I mean, don't get me wrong, there is obviously a point where people move past what's available and get bored, but there's a great deal of content released that is not accessible for a large majority, and the argument is made that nothing is done for End-Game. I have no issues with something specifically for them, or this Quest for that matter. I just think the same argument can't continually be made when there is a variety of levels offered. I can see how people are a bit put off. This is the second month that something has been released with a Top Percentile demographic in mind. While I'm not arguing with it, I can't help but acknowledge how people are feeling left out. It's a reasonable reaction.

That’s fine thoughts. Except story quests aren’t end game content for end game players. That’s the only exception. I wouldn’t even consider someone a “end game player” if they have story quests available to finish. Yes, double edge sword for when act 6 comes out. Everyone that considers themselves end game won’t be till they have it done 😂

It's not THAT easy to 100% Act 5. XD. I'll give you that one. Fair enough.

If I can create an account -4-5 months ago and be able to create a roster and do some smart rankups in order to fully explore it, I don’t think it’s considered end game content. Variant however will not be touched for a long time. That’s without spending too.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Always wondered why this kind of thing had an arbitrary cutoff based on summoner level. Are there really any level 40 summoners completing these kinds of events? Why not base it around something like prestige? Always curious about that...
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Trash rewards so I am expecting to kick every enemies lights out compared to the lastI champions clash which made sense why it was hard when comparing the rewards.

A full T2A, 7k Shards, 350k Gold, 25 Sigs.....trash?

yes, when you see what they were hyping it up to be, for the players that can beat it, there are no good rewards. the champions clash awards a full 5* if im not wrong.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Always wondered why this kind of thing had an arbitrary cutoff based on summoner level. Are there really any level 40 summoners completing these kinds of events? Why not base it around something like prestige? Always curious about that...

IIRC it's to stop modders from completing the content.
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »

-If you listen carefully to the Maze, you can hear the sound of a neurotoxin emitter emitting neurotoxins.

Is it possible to have neurotoxin without the conditions of existing poison and applying bleed?

Probably.

Also, neurotoxin emitter emitting neurotoxins might be there most circular 4 words ever put together in English. Why not say something like, "If you listen carefully, you can hear a neurotoxin emitter pumping the air with foul purpose." or something similar. I've never heard of a neurotoxin emitter but I immediately assumed it emitted neurotoxins without having to be expressly told. It's like saying and down at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel you might see Tommy Toll Taker taking tolls.

-If you listen carefully to the Maze, you can hear the sound of a neurotoxin emitter emitting neurotoxins.

Portal reference? Glados confirmed?

azowjvb7ygg6.jpg

• JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Neurotoxin emitting in the air...my guess is this side of the maze will have a heal block
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Flbarros_ wrote: »
    Prepare yourselves for the units fiesta!!!!

Or complete it without using units. That's my plan.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I honestly don't care if people feel left out. Before these added difficulties there was like 1 day a month of content for people at my level for almost a year. If you, or any other low level players, want to be able to complete the new hard content do what all other end game players did and complete all the available content to build your roster and skill.

You just don't want to do the work that end gamer did to get where they are. It's selfish and lazy. If this was a physical game instead of a mobile game I wonder if you'd still see guys not willing to put in the same amount of time as others whining about not being able to complete the content. Should someone not willing to work out or eat right be able to complain when other people can run a marathon? Is it fair to that guy that some people are able to run marathons when he can't? Should he cry about it on the internet instead of training to get better at running?

Just because people have completed LOL doesn't mean they're the only ones that matter.
    It's all well and fine if End-Game Players want something for them. No arguments. Actually, I specifically said I'm not arguing against this piece of content. However, if you're going to argue that End-Game matters, you can't argue that those lower don't matter because that's a one-way point of view. If one side matters, the rest matter as well. You may not care if people feel left out, but I would suspect those making the game do. I was making the point that people have every right to want something for their level of progression as well. To say one matters and the other doesn't is hypocritical. If one side has a valid request, that means they're all valid. You can say people just need to do what you did, but content like this does not apply to that. Special Events are not "content we did". It's an added way to earn Resources. If that is only tailored to a small demographic at the Top, I consider it a valid argument that people feel left out. Do I feel that way? No. I'm cool. I'm making the point that the game doesn't revolve around people just because they're End-Game.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    -Chaos and War can be found to the left, Death and Nightmares will be on the right.

Does noone think these could be Infinity War Thanos just in these four forms (using each stone)? Genesis and Evolution stone forms would be left out. Not sure why people assume it's a node. Sounded like the hints were specifically related to the characters themselves.

I think you might be right
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    It's funny the middle is whining that they cant progress cause things are hard. Guess what the top has seen for progression this year? Yup basically variant that's all. The middle?
    Act 5
    Master
    Uncollected every single month they get content. The top?
    Gets nothing

How does the top get nothing? They can do all of those things too.