**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's wrong with this month Event Quest

TJ82TJ82 Posts: 610 ★★★
Just putting few thoughts on what's wrong with this month Event Quest...

1) Game bug - The lag issue while fighting DH boss has been reported by many, including me. The issue is yet to be resolved

2) Skill requirement - This is probably the biggest problem with this month EQ. This sudden upgrade of skill requirement to complete this EQ is baffling. Even many of those who didn't faced lag issue, have to spend a lot of Units/ Revive/ Potions to complete even this month's Masters quest, more than what they use to spent for Uncollected in earlier months. This is probably the biggest issue this month. You cannot upgrade the skill requirement for EQs, this much. Another month like this and many will start uninstalling this game. Let it be fun please

3) Rewards - On one hand you are increasing difficulty but rewards still is same. The rewards requires major upgrade.

Thoughts please

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    1- They sent out a hotfix yesterday.
    2- Stop doing content above your level.
    3- Rewards and difficulty are fine. Just because you have trouble with it, doesn't mean the content is getting harder.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    The only skill you need for this event quest is knowing how to bait specials and parry. If one is not facing the lag issue this event's bosses are very easy. There is literally nothing you have to play around other than baiting specials and parrying which are basic skills any player should be proficient at if they are doing master or uncollected
    Tayyab82 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    3- Rewards and difficulty are fine. Just because you have trouble with it, doesn't mean the content is getting harder.

Hotfix not working, check reporting by many please. As far as content is concerned, I did cleared last UC easily so definitely am at that level.

I think you have problem with me, don't know why. Better you avoid my comments like I do yours Mr. Demonzfyre.

Last UC EQ was really easy. Why would you think because you did one, that they would all be easy? I don't have a problem with you. I have a problem with the "give me more for less" mentality you have. You say Kabam is increasing the difficulty but yet say last UC EQ was cleared easily. Which is it? Can't have it both ways.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Look, "content above your level" is no excuse here. Apart from lag, even Master difficulty is too hard. I have usually litzle problem with UC and I have been exploring Master EQ's "with my eyes closed" for a while now, but this one is just impossible for me. Does it mean that I should go back to Heroic difficulty and take Master as formiddable challenge I might one day accomplish ?
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Kerneas wrote: »

Look, "content above your level" is no excuse here. Apart from lag, even Master difficulty is too hard. I have usually litzle problem with UC and I have been exploring Master EQ's "with my eyes closed" for a while now, but this one is just impossible for me. Does it mean that I should go back to Heroic difficulty and take Master as formiddable challenge I might one day accomplish ?

@Demonzfyre is right. Just about everyone on the forums has and will continue to be posting about harder content. If you’re so good, then you should be able to clear it. Yeah Darkhawk is annoying, but it’s a challenge no? It’s harder content. Yes the lag was an issue but now that it’s fixed ( and if it isn’t check your device) what could be the problem?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Darkhawk was so much easier than Ægon if you ask me. At least you’re not totally screwed and have to restart the fight if you mess up on one fight. And he’s countered by any champ if you understand his abilities and mechanics.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Darkhawk was so much easier than Ægon if you ask me. At least you’re not totally screwed and have to restart the fight if you mess up on one fight. And he’s countered by any champ if you understand his abilities and mechanics.

This is true. Aegon sucked because it was 1 and done and if you didn't beat him the first time around. I haven't found any issue with Dark Hawk yet other than I have to remind myself to not rush in at the start of the fight. Other than that, it was a easy fight.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    During my first runs in Master, I got destroyed, had to use up a lot of revives and heals. I didn't think Uncollected would even be an option for me this month. The lag got to me and I couldn't get past Darkhawk's basic mechanics.

Yesterday, I finished exploring 3.2 in Uncollected with a perfect fight against Darkhawk. The same thing happened to me a few months back with Emma Frost and the inverted controls that come with her specials. It takes time to figure out how to best fight some of these new champs with their mechanics, but once you do, the fights turn out to be quite manageable.

Opening poster, keep practicing. You will hit walls, you will need to restart the quest a number of times, but at some point, it'll fall in place. Maybe that's only going to happen on the final days the event quest is available, but I do think it'll happen if you keep at it.

Good luck!
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

This is true. Aegon sucked because it was 1 and done and if you didn't beat him the first time around. I haven't found any issue with Dark Hawk yet other than I have to remind myself to not rush in at the start of the fight. Other than that, it was a easy fight.

darkhawk took more revives than aegon for me, i didnt have the lag problem but darkhawk was a little harder imo
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    VulcanM wrote: »

darkhawk took more revives than aegon for me, i didnt have the lag problem but darkhawk was a little harder imo

Yeah because you couldn’t really revive on Ægon unless you were truly a master of intercepting and shallow evades. You had to restart the quest again. Also Ægon had far fewer counters than Darkhawk. You can use anyone against Darkhawk but that insane buffet node plus aspect of war made Ægon really bad. Yeah this month was definitely easier.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

Yeah because you couldn’t really revive on Ægon unless you were truly a master of intercepting and shallow evades. You had to restart the quest again. Also Ægon had far fewer counters than Darkhawk. You can use anyone against Darkhawk but that insane buffet node plus aspect of war made Ægon really bad. Yeah this month was definitely easier.

yeah, i realize that. but what i meant was that darkhawk was a more difficult fight in general for me. but, to be honest it was just poor gameplay on my part i think.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    They nerfed Medusa once they found out people were soft-licking DarkHawk with Shatter and Wall-Heavies

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Tayyab82 wrote: »
    Just putting few thoughts on what's wrong with this month Event Quest...

1) Game bug - The lag issue while fighting DH boss has been reported by many, including me. The issue is yet to be resolved

2) Skill requirement - This is probably the biggest problem with this month EQ. This sudden upgrade of skill requirement to complete this EQ is baffling. Even many of those who didn't faced lag issue, have to spend a lot of Units/ Revive/ Potions to complete even this month's Masters quest, more than what they use to spent for Uncollected in earlier months. This is probably the biggest issue this month. You cannot upgrade the skill requirement for EQs, this much. Another month like this and many will start uninstalling this game. Let it be fun please

3) Rewards - On one hand you are increasing difficulty but rewards still is same. The rewards requires major upgrade.

Thoughts please

Oh no, skill is involved, let’s go to the forums and complain about getting a fourth of a 6 star and 3/4 of a 5 star, along t2A and T5B

yeah, i realize that. but what i meant was that darkhawk was a more difficult fight in general for me. but, to be honest it was just poor gameplay on my part i think.

I always have to reflect on myself when I look at these fights. I am a very aggressive player and tend to mash buttons until the defender is dead. I take a little bit to adapt to the "thinking mans" fights like Dark Hawk. My instinct is to fly in there and start hitting but hes unblockable and then I pretty much die. Aegon was simple for me because it was just parry and heavy attack with A.A. To me I was a simple fight. I did die, a lot, but it was simple. D.H. is a different story altogether.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Skill requirement is an issue? This was waaaay easier than last month and the Emma Frost one.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

So, essentially git gud? Isn’t that frowned upon on the forums? Can’t support you here, because git gud can’t be supported.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I finished the quest within days of coming out. I do not know what is all the fuss. I do Uncollected with 4 stars just so it can be a little challenge.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

I always have to reflect on myself when I look at these fights. I am a very aggressive player and tend to mash buttons until the defender is dead. I take a little bit to adapt to the "thinking mans" fights like Dark Hawk. My instinct is to fly in there and start hitting but hes unblockable and then I pretty much die. Aegon was simple for me because it was just parry and heavy attack with A.A. To me I was a simple fight. I did die, a lot, but it was simple. D.H. is a different story altogether.

Practice makes perfect. When you understand the shallow evade mechanics and how to bait like a ninja you will be 25 percent of the level of a end game player
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    edited December 2018
    Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime (pretty crappy phone) after finding out the lag at the beginnig was fixed, but when striking his block framerate drops still srry but no excuses...
    hflr37nf6vow.png
    85did2arpulc.png
    rp6igy2zh0n3.png

• OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    edited December 2018
    Although i gotta say starky and quake were the best choice for me aswell as hyperion