**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Maze!

Comments

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I'll play around with it for fun. It's a good challenge. What I won't do is care about how I do, spend a single item on it, or try to finish it.

Not being permanent, the initial urge is to blow thru it quickly... But the rewards just aren't worth my time, effort, or items.

It's a good looking and seemingly fun challenge, kabam. I did a few fights already, but have exited when things went south. I don't think people should bash the quest tho. I hope kabam continues throwing new content around at every possible opportunity. It keeps things fresh and fun. Not every one is gonna be right for everyone. I'd still rather have the option to play them than no option at all.

There are a few things working against this one and I think that only a small minority will decide it's worthwhile to do. Imo, timing is a bit off for one thing. End of year, holidays, war cutoff, variant, etc. I, personally, don't need a mini lol in my life right now haha. I know it runs past the holidays and the end of the war season, so maybe that'll work in its favor. But even with that, you still have the rewards issue.

Spot on.

• Mars___Mars___ Posts: 87 ★★
    Ha ha what a irony.... now so called end gamers are complaining about the difficulty... kabam lets keep them coming...
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    The rewards do not match the challenge of this at all, like not even remotely close. It’s a fun challenge for those of us at super end game but that’s about it. Pretty disappointing and tone deaf addition.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Thank you all for the feedback. I think it's pretty clear what I'll be passing along to the team in terms of the rewards here.

We understand that this is very difficult content. It was not meant to be easy, and we weren't underselling it when we said that many will enter, but few will complete it. This is some very very high end content.

If you don't feel the rewards are not worth the effort for this mode, remember that there are still lots of other things to do in game right now, including the Chilled Challenges that just went live.

I'm going to make sure that we have a discussion with the team regarding the rewards for any future iterations of something like this.

This is wildly out of touch. Harder than the LOL easy path but for 1/4th the rewards.

You'll likely need a very deep roster and specific champions at r4 or higher to do this without it costing an arm and leg.

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It’s sad but the reward really are pathetic in comparison. I’ve never chosen to not even bother on a limited time event until now. I’ll stick to working through exploring variant. Its a shame because was excited for some more content to work through.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Thank you all for the feedback. I think it's pretty clear what I'll be passing along to the team in terms of the rewards here.

We understand that this is very difficult content. It was not meant to be easy, and we weren't underselling it when we said that many will enter, but few will complete it. This is some very very high end content.

If you don't feel the rewards are not worth the effort for this mode, remember that there are still lots of other things to do in game right now, including the Chilled Challenges that just went live.

I'm going to make sure that we have a discussion with the team regarding the rewards for any future iterations of something like this.

Im Think the team rush the ting to fast and ryl dont blow to much but 400k with brutale node wher hard im ikow mabye only Can do one part of it but agone u have no Way to kil him fast enuget befor u kil u. First mistake. Or first mistake node

we only hav this hard becasse of the node im fine it okay to hav that contest but and that times meant only Them ther either hav unit or. And top it of. One xmas for me that brutale im Not totalt endgame stil hav varirant to do and that wuld stay perment u hav rush this contest to much. That what im Think nofing hard to say it wher okay the first figth then the mini just reap u apart becasse one mistake u dies what u even say that Not fun to dies to node bad basily with Ægon’ one mistake and u dies Not fun

• Yo, I want a title.

This is heavier than what “heavyweight” got us.
  • Ltopher87Ltopher87 Posts: 22
    One of the worst events you guys have put out, waste of time and massive cash grab for you guys. You’ll get it though cause people that play this game will pay to beat anything even if the rewards aren’t worth the money they put forward. Not even going to waste my time or resources saved on this trash
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Well they tried a new format for those so-called super hard challenges, the ones that come with the warning “many will try, few will succeed.”
    This time it might come down to “few will try, less will succeed.”
    They definitely went overboard with superhard nodes and enemies who are basically every1’s nightmare defenders (some exaggeration is allowed I think).
    Kudos for trying a new concept, but the previous challenges were beatable by many players, this 1 is definitely targeted at the 1% true endgame players. The champions clash, though annoying due to the fact that you had to run it in 1 go, was way easier than this 1.
    I think I will try a few runs and some different teams, will probably complete it once but exploration is a no-go this time.
    I am curious as to what a new challenge will look like and what they have done with the feedback that is given with regards to this event, we shall see I suppose in a little while since these type of quests/challenges have been getting more frequent.
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    The issue isn't the difficulty, the issue is the rewards. This is Variant level difficulty for **** rewards. I can do this quest and while it would cost me some items I don't feel the items are worth putting here. I'd rather finish exploring Variant and if this quest is still around when I finish that, awesome, and if not I won't be missing much.

And you can totally do that. If you don't think the rewards are worth it, remember that this is totally optional, and that you can spend your time and energy somewhere that you think it is a better investment!

There's a lot to do right now! I know I just brought Chilled Challenges up, but I'm really enjoying them! I'm even trying to make them a little more difficult by not using my Best Team. That backfired once, but I'm gonna try it again later!

Yeah Chile need the entry u only get one of becasse u Can gift becasse no unit fair Trade rigth

The issue isn't the difficulty, the issue is the rewards. This is Variant level difficulty for **** rewards. I can do this quest and while it would cost me some items I don't feel the items are worth putting here. I'd rather finish exploring Variant and if this quest is still around when I finish that, awesome, and if not I won't be missing much.

And you can totally do that. If you don't think the rewards are worth it, remember that this is totally optional, and that you can spend your time and energy somewhere that you think it is a better investment!

There's a lot to do right now! I know I just brought Chilled Challenges up, but I'm really enjoying them! I'm even trying to make them a little more difficult by not using my Best Team. That backfired once, but I'm gonna try it again later!

Chilled Challenges are good, but also incredibly quick. Basically 1 fight and you can't even do them every day.

Very disappointing holiday event. I'd love if you can try to fix this and not just write the event off as a mistake.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    It's funny the middle is whining that they cant progress cause things are hard. Guess what the top has seen for progression this year? Yup basically variant that's all. The middle?
    Act 5
    Master
    Uncollected every single month they get content. The top?
    Gets nothing

How does the top get nothing? They can do all of those things too.

And they dont benefit us for squat I auto play heroic and masters to r3 5 stars on the t4b that I dont use ever yay progress. Oh wait no that's not progress at all

To compare lol was easier and had 2 times the 5 shards and 4 times the t2a.

For first path of un noded easier defenders

Yeah as someone who just did LOL last week, I agree it's a lot easier than this for 4x the rewards.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    RogerRabs wrote: »

Chilled Challenges are good, but also incredibly quick. Basically 1 fight and you can't even do them every day.

Very disappointing holiday event. I'd love if you can try to fix this and not just write the event off as a mistake.

I've already done 3 today... Maybe you're doing it wrong. If you are active and in a good alliance, you can definitely "do them every day"
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Trash rewards so I am expecting to kick every enemies lights out compared to the lastI champions clash which made sense why it was hard when comparing the rewards.

A full T2A, 7k Shards, 350k Gold, 25 Sigs.....trash?

yes. rewards have to go with difficulty level. And this relation is the worst so far since mcoc came to be. Taken alone they look good, expecially for avg players like you, and that's the trap. You'd spend half buying those rewards as deals then approaching that content. In a nutshell, it's not worth even a first run.

The Rewards themselves aren't trash. I never said anything about the difficulty because I hadn't seen it. They're still not trash.

After seeing the difficulty nobody who is honest would say that the rewards are not trash when considering the difficulty level.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Drop the nodes, all of them. Plenty and I mean a lot of people will have issues with these defenders overall without the added individually custom buffs for every defender + 500k health on them.

W/e kabam, failed hard on this time sensitive quest.
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    RogerRabs wrote: »

I've already done 3 today... Maybe you're doing it wrong. If you are active and in a good alliance, you can definitely "do them every day"

You're going to run out of the entry gadgets. There will likely be days where you don't have any...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Trash rewards so I am expecting to kick every enemies lights out compared to the lastI champions clash which made sense why it was hard when comparing the rewards.

A full T2A, 7k Shards, 350k Gold, 25 Sigs.....trash?

yes. rewards have to go with difficulty level. And this relation is the worst so far since mcoc came to be. Taken alone they look good, expecially for avg players like you, and that's the trap. You'd spend half buying those rewards as deals then approaching that content. In a nutshell, it's not worth even a first run.

The Rewards themselves aren't trash. I never said anything about the difficulty because I hadn't seen it. They're still not trash.

After seeing the difficulty nobody who is honest would say that the rewards are not trash when considering the difficulty level.

Anyone who can look at a full T2A and 7k Shards as trash may be playing a different game. If that's trash, I'll pick the bin. Whether it's scaled to the level of challenge or not is a different subject. Either way, they're not trash thesmelves.
  • LaserbreakLaserbreak Posts: 18
    This is bad design. For that level of difficulty this rewards are meh. Not worthing any resource or time for almost 5* and 1 t2a.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The difficulty would be fine with appropriate rewards. The rewards would be fine with lower difficulty. As it is I don’t think I’ll use items on it. Interested to see if anyone sees it differently