**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Chilled Challenges are Coming your Way!

Comments

• MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Bogus. Did Epic 3 times and got 250 shards each time.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Getting really tired of the RNG rewards. Why is it that when I do these I get 250 5* shards but others get 2,500 5* for the same exact quest? Or T5B frags? Why can’t you just standardize the rewards? Do you enjoy stirring up contention in the player base? Every. Single. Reward. RNG. Please for crying out loud stop with the RNG.

When they do remove RNG from the rewards, people are on here saying they're trash for the difficulty/investment. RNG gives a chance, however small, of the reward being a decent ROI.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Thebgj wrote: »
    I'm says recommend rating 250 for this quest? Is that normal? Is that what everyone else has? I don't want to waste a ticket

You can choose your own path. 6 in total from ~300 to 30k challenger rating.

Did the hardest path and guess what I get?
    n7hoibpwv0gn.jpg

Lol come on, no energy requirements, no difficult fights, you get gadgets from gifting ( please don't tell me they require units cause I know everyone will be doing the gifting event with whatever units they have), you get gadgets from the calendar. I'll take 250 5* shards for free anyday over that monstrosity of a maze.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    rb7tc406l92o.png

Called it. There were 2 fights on the path, 3 in total. A 6* Vulture ambushed me and there was a 6* Red Skull that sucked. Word of warning. Bring Coldsnap immune champ. And someone with incinerate would be good too. IMIW was great

Does everyone fight the same champs? Exact same thing happened to me.
  • Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    rb7tc406l92o.png

Called it. There were 2 fights on the path, 3 in total. A 6* Vulture ambushed me and there was a 6* Red Skull that sucked. Word of warning. Bring Coldsnap immune champ. And someone with incinerate would be good too. IMIW was great

Does everyone fight the same champs? Exact same thing happened to me.

It is random. I fought stun immune Nightcrawler. I did get the Vulture ambush, but the ambush itself appears to be random: not everyone is drawing an ambush from what I'm reading.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    I lost my ticket after i saw incinerate i figured i bring my hyp in only to lock myself out
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    250 5* shards four times
    1K t2a shards twice
  • Pretty easy fight 6 star the hood smashed it vulture is annoying thanks for the rewards for fighting well kabam. Rewards are a bit low but no energy and no way of spending an item to get the night trasher gadget.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Potentially more than the one fight, got ambushed by vulture 4th run of epic path (Which made the incinerate global boost useless hypy's sp1)

He wasnt noded, so easy enough fight.
  • Mitchell35 wrote: »
    The cold snap is passive, Corvus is NOT immune.

It isn't a true cold snap at all. Just for giggles I tested Sabertooth and he isn't immune to the "Bitter Cold" damage either.
  • I got 250 5* shards in 1st roundand1000 t2 alpha fragments in second round of chill challenge
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Two passes of epic so far.

Rhino & 1k 5* shards
    Vulture, Killmonger & 1k T4b frags

Forgot how much I hate stun immune Rhino...
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    1 run, got the 1kt5b. Quit while I’m ahead? Heck no, this is free stuff!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Just ran 5 more times on each account getting 250 5* shards 9/10 times and the other being T5B frags. The T5B is nice but this is a flashback to lab rewards. It is what it is. Afterall these are easy shards. Just wish I could have a lucky account and pull 2,500 shards once.
  • whoisskinnywhoisskinny Posts: 25
    If I quit the game because it's stuck on the spinning wheel, does that count as quitting the quest? Will I lose an entry?
  • If I quit the game because it's stuck on the spinning wheel, does that count as quitting the quest? Will I lose an entry?

I don't believe so. In the past in other similar entry-limited events I've force closed the game and restarted and I was still in the event when I restarted. So long as you don't actually use the exit button (or time runs out if the map is timed) you should be okay. Of course, I can't make any guarantees, I can only tell you what's happened to me in the past.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Screw this fought cable 3 times and lost 3 times had to quit bc i wasnt gonna waste my revives.....secondly not worth 250 5* shards while others get better payout.....once again a useless event..what a great way to end the year.....not!!!
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    your original comments are a bit missleading. half the time i played epic Vulture ambushed me on my way to the boss making the difficulty a bit more annoying to deal with.
  • Dp12Dp12 Posts: 23
    I cleared it thrice and rec'd 250 5 star shards in all...please mention at least the drop rates before announcement of rewards...
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Daphboy wrote: »
    4 runs, 250 shards every time.... how depressing

That's 1000 5* shards for about 10 minutes at most, 4 pretty straight forward fights.
    It'll take you 3 days and hundreds of fights to get that from arena
  • I did the EPIC path twice for only 500 5* shards — guess the RNGESUS wasn't on my lucky side.

I feel the minimum on the EPIC path should be at least 500 5* shards — and I wouldn't mind running it 10 times because that'll be 5k shards