**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

R5 or R2? That is the question...or at least my question

Ok. So who next to 5r5 or 6r2? I have Sparky and Blade at r5. Do I take Medusa or GhostRider(both duped) to r5? Or do I hold for one more t5b and take Gulk (or other possible 6* I may pull while building t5b) to r2? Havent been this stuck on what to use my t2a on for a while. Planning for Act 6 and exploring Variant are main considerations.

Comments

• Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Ghulk will be a huge asset for 3.3 of variant. U’ll need him for starburst nodes as well as the final boss. He doesn’t have the best prestige but he’s a monster
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    johara84 wrote: »
    Ok. So who next to 5r5 or 6r2? I have Sparky and Blade at r5. Do I take Medusa or GhostRider(both duped) to r5? Or do I hold for one more t5b and take Gulk (or other possible 6* I may pull while building t5b) to r2? Havent been this stuck on what to use my t2a on for a while. Planning for Act 6 and exploring Variant are main considerations.

GR or Medusa over Gulk 100000%
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Medusa even though she was downgraded a little
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I say take up medusa, gulk doesn’t need a high rank for his job
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Or gr for full trinity
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    Ghulk would prolly be your best bet. He doesn't need a dupe to be great, and that sets you up to rank him later on.
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    ICELAFOX wrote: »
    it all depends where in the game are you currently at.
    i for instance, have 2 R5 with all content 100% completed except variant (no rush in completing it)
    knowing that there is act6 in the horizon i know that the content will be even harder so im looking to r2 my next 6* dupe cap iw.

but to answer your question i would rank up sparky he is an all round champ. glass canon yes but im sure you know how to best utilize him.

Im same place content as you. But Sparky is already rank 5 along with Blade.
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    Or gr for full trinity

You didnt really help my predicament. lol.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    You've already got 2 great R5 champs. Future of the game will be 6* champs. Might as well start planning for that now.
    You've already got 2 great R5 champs. Future of the game will be 6* champs. Might as well start planning for that now.

Good line of thought.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Honestly, at this stage of the game, I fully recommend 5* to r5. R5 champions are very strong. So using less t5b to get more champs of that power level is a win. Unless you get a truly insane 6*, like Domino or corvus, I'd focus on 5* imo, until t5b is more plentiful
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Chose to bypass my 5* and ranked 2 my 6* Angela. No regrets what so ever
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★

Exactly my thoughts, which was why I went with my 6* instead.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I can r5 hype whom I love, but it won't happen. choosing r2 between gulky and sentinel. I like gulk much more, but sentinel seems to have more use - his charges don't drop, double immune, regen, armor break with heal block on sp1, incinerate on sp2, some energy remains with charges after sps. the only bad thing is I hate his animation, so hope to pull someone better before I get third t5b
    Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to go with GladHulk, unless I pull someone better before I build my last t5b.