**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Maze!

Comments

• peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    I'm surprised at the rewards vs. difficulty of this event.

It's much harder than Champion's Challenge, requires a deep roster and skillset, yet rewards worse than a Master's EQ completion.

Pretty much only those who can spend no units to complete this challenge will this challenge be worth the effort in my opinion.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    took a look inside and immediately took an exit seeing the levels of the champions you gotta go through smh
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    I was expecting it to be more like a Boss Rush event after I saw the rewards. I'd love to hear an official explanation for how they "tuned" the rewards with the quest.

What im Think im Think ther just rush it and didt take the time at all se set Down and say oh that mabye a bit to hard with that rewards.
  • EoD_BawsEoD_Baws Posts: 20
    The difficulty is way too hard for the rewards, It is also unfair for new and upcoming players who cannot earn anything from these new challenges that Kabam releases. It seems to me like Kabam only care about money and not their player base as this is clearly a cash grab.
  • JohnyzeroJohnyzero Posts: 228
    I was excited for this event since I could use the t2a but this contents difficulty is not worth it for those rewards. Anyone that is able to explore this without using much items does not need the 7k 5star shards or 1 t2a.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    edited December 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It seems to be akin to ROL, only more amped up.

That's rather like saying that Labyrinth of Legends is like Act 2, only with harder opponents. The only thing the maze has in common with RoL is the Abandon Hope moniker. The maze is multipath, so players actually have to decide which foes they want to face on each run, the foes themselves are uncollected boss-class in health and attack, and the nodes seem hand crafted to make the foes especially nasty.

It is interesting, it does feel like a puzzle, and personally I'm fine with all of that. But the difficulty seems very high, even if you "figure out" the puzzle aspects of it. I just tried to tackle what I think is the easiest opening node, the biohazard archangel, and that would just require bringing an immunity champ if it wasn't for the unblockable finale. Unblockable finale is not an easy node to play through for most people, and when "finale" is the last 100k of health (+900% health means AA starts with over 400k) that one fight is going to be harder with an entire team than trying to solo all of RoL with one champ for most players.

Maybe matador Killmonger is a better first completion path. I'll have to do some testing to figure out whether this is completable by me with less resources than it is worth in rewards.

In terms of the strenght of the Champs and the Damage inflicting I observed in the first Fight, I likened it to ROL. The design and layout is definitely different. It's interesting for sure. Of course, I've only tested one Fight, so I wouldn't call that an in-depth assessment. It'll be interesting to play with for sure.

It’s exactly the same thing as RoL for sure, like you know you have only 20 days to finish RoL, and also each champion has specific node so he can’t be countered (Emma Frost Armor Break Immune ?), and yeah sure the damages are exactly the same, champs have only 5x more attack than RoL, also Champs that unhavoidable damages or allow only a few champs to get passed them (Iceman ?) and like RoL, if you get hit you die even with 5*R5
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,260 ★★★★★
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    Some Suggestions:

-Nobody wants to fight 400k health/8k attack opponents that also are hard to fight against (in some cases, like IW Thanos, IM, etc) for these crappy rewards. Maybe make all opponents health pool 50-60% lower and lower their attack by 10-20%. Maybe then the rewards will match this content difficulty.

-Or just increase the rewards by a HUGE amount, because this seems to be way harder than even Champion Clash.

This guy gets it. Quit putting spanking new champs in, with their health and attack node boosted to the moon, with cheap node effects to boot! Throw those 2015 champs in. 400k/9k Colossus or Cap America for a change.

We’re looking for a challenge, not punishment. Players don’t want immediate death from an instant heavy when the fight starts *glares at Wasp* or a missed parry means you die. That’s not fun. If you insist on doing this you need to make the rewards good enough that people will throw items and units at it over time. Like an exclusive champ or something better than shards.
  • To jest śmieszne co oferujecie za taki poziom trudności. Praktycznie nawet 1 ścieżki się nie da zrobić, nie mówiąc o 100% jeszcze ograniczony czas... łatwiej i mniejszym kosztem jest zrobić labirynt of legend niż ten quest
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just finished it 100%. I've never been this unsatisfied with the reward/challenge ration as I am now. This is Just pathetic.
  • DrchucklesDrchuckles Posts: 28
    Perhaps I’m mistaken. Is Killmonger bugged? Practicing the fight, it looks like he’s gaining power like normal.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Drchuckles wrote: »
    Perhaps I’m mistaken. Is Killmonger bugged? Practicing the fight, it looks like he’s gaining power like normal.

Yeah that rigtig it your ther dont get it normal
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    After taking a trial run on the maze I can see it being beat for the cost of 2 starks. Made it past aegon before my team crashed. Not seeing the value in doing this event for the rewards though. The health pools and nodes make these very annoying and boring fights that leave no room for error but also no room for fun. When the designer needs to put 900% health and up to 12 nodes on the opponent to make them a challenge it's just a cop out. 3-4 nodes and 600% health boost would be fun but this is to much for the weak rewards. Not even going to bother wasting resources I'll wait for act 6
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This is what end game players wanted. Challenging content. Kabam delivered for once.

I enjoyed the content but am pissed with the garbage rewards.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    This is what end game players wanted. Challenging content. Kabam delivered for once.

I enjoyed the content but am pissed with the garbage rewards.

Why'd you do it? You knew the rewards were garbage going in.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    Definitely not worth it!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    After taking a trial run on the maze I can see it being beat for the cost of 2 starks. Made it past aegon before my team crashed. Not seeing the value in doing this event for the rewards though. The health pools and nodes make these very annoying and boring fights that leave no room for error but also no room for fun. When the designer needs to put 900% health and up to 12 nodes on the opponent to make them a challenge it's just a cop out. 3-4 nodes and 600% health boost would be fun but this is to much for the weak rewards. Not even going to bother wasting resources I'll wait for act 6

You know that reminds me of the recent dev diary we all read. Hmm, how did that go again?

“Difficulty and fun can go hand in hand, but striking the right balance is important and not always an easy task. An opponent with +1000% Attack is a lot scarier and harder than one with +50% Attack, but isn’t more interesting. It’s not fun to walk into a fight and immediately lose your entire roster to a challenge with no counters.”

I guess jacking up health by 900% is different than +1000% attack. This maze would’ve been a lot more interesting if they just stuck to the unique nodes and not jacked up their health 900%.
  • the_elitererthe_eliterer Posts: 10
    zvciakbajzfs.png

Love how y’all named this node

I love how it doesn’t even work most of the time, uses a special and don’t gain a bar.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Felt like
    Happy holiday for everyone!!
    This is what you get, a maze..
    At time like this, if company wants credit from costumers better throw something like GP goes to the movies?, something like that, c’mon it’s Christmas something for everyone. Kabam could have done better.
    Wants feedback?
    It is Really Bad Content.
    Thank you. GL for everyone who has going for full exploration.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The rewards are not worth the time, potions and units you will spend on this event !
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The rewards are not worth the time, potions and units you will spend on this event !
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Yep out of my league. Champ and skill wise. Been taking a break from the game time and money wise.. now I have another reason to continue the time away.Good luck for those who can complete.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Stellar wrote: »

You can say that again
  • I normally dont complain about difficult content or ridiculous nodes, but this is just insane. I'm all for a good challenge & run uncollected monthly, some months I get 100% easily (like this month), sometimes I just make a single pass (like Emma Frost month), but I'm not even considering running the maze. The combination of nodes is just too much for the rewards. I'd rather spend my time going for elders bane or making a pass at lol or variant. It's sad since the event had potential, but I envisioned something much, much different.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,260 ★★★★★
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    Stellar wrote: »

You can say that again

I see what you did there.