Champion Spotlight - Darkhawk

Darkhawk enters The Contest December 20th at 10AM PST!

About Darkhawk:
Christopher Powell discovered an alien amulet allowing him to transform into the robotic Darkhawk. Having witnessed his father turn to a life of crime, Powell vowed to use the powers of the amulet to fight crime. This path would eventually lead him to team up with some of Earth’s mightiest heroes.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 13987
Attack: 1227
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3750
With Signature (99): 4714

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 28045
Attack: 2459
Max PI:
Without Signature: 7544
With Signature (200): 10410

Character Class: Tech

Base Abilities: Robotics, Armor, Power Rate, Shock

Passive:
• Advanced Robotics provides full immunity to Poison and Bleed effects.

Wing Attacks:
• Attacks that utilize Darkhawk’s Wings have 100% Armor Penetration.

*** Developer Note: This includes Medium, Heavy and Special 2 hits.

Shield Mode
• If Darkhawk is Knocked Down he exits any other mode and enters Shield Mode for 10 seconds. Mode activation is unaffected by Ability Accuracy reduction. Shield Mode provides 1333.33 Armor and reduces enemy Critical Damage by 100%.
• If Darkhawk Blocks a Contact Attack while in Shield Mode he has a 100% chance to inflict Shock, instantly dealing 122.7 Energy Damage.

*** Developer Note: While fighting against Darkhawk it is best to manage your Special and Heavy attacks to ensure you aren’t going to waste your damage trying to cut through his high Armor and Autoblocks. Also think about characters that have potent Light and Medium attacks to avoid triggering this mode in the first place.

Null Space Regen
• If Darkhawk enters a Mode from a different Mode, he Regenerates 1399.7 Health over 2 seconds.

*** Developer Note: This ability can really set you back while fighting him if you’re not dealing over 10% of his health with the knock down blow. As a player this can come in handy to save you if you slip up.

Special 1 - Amulet Blast
The Darkhawk Amulet taps into the vast powers in Null Space, directing it towards the opponent with devastating force.
• If Darkhawk is in Shield Mode, this attack inflicts Stun for 3.5 seconds.
• If Darkhawk is in Stealth Mode, opponents generate no Power from this attack.
• If Darkhawk is in Null Mode, this attack inflicts Shock, dealing 1227 Energy Damage over 4 seconds.

*** Developer Note: Each mode will alter this attack’s secondary effect. Think about your objective in the fight, using this attack might sacrifice your ability to stay in the mode you like most.

Special 2 - Stealth Mode
Using Null Space to distort the light around him, Darkhawk is able to elude his opponent and deliver a flurry of slicing attacks.
• Darkhawk exits any other mode and enters Stealth Mode for 20 seconds. Mode activation is unaffected by Ability Accuracy reduction. While in Stealth Mode, Darkhawk Passively reduces the opponents Defensive Power Gain by 70% and incoming Light and Medium attacks have a 30% chance to Miss.

*** Developer Note: The power manipulation in the Stealth Mode is one-sided. Be sure not to let the opponent hit you or you’ll wind up losing the power advantage you’ve built up. When playing against him, you’ll be left to decide if you can afford to wait this mode out or push him into Shield Mode and have him Regenerate.

Special 3 - Null Mode
The Raptor Armor, acting as a conduit for the unlimited power contained in Null Space, becomes bathed in Null Energy and unleashes its full destructive potential.
• Inflicts Heal Block, preventing the opponent from healing for 30 seconds.
• Darkhawk exits any other mode and enters Null Mode for 30 seconds. Mode activation is unaffected by Ability Accuracy reduction. Null Mode provides 1227 Attack Rating and 25% Block Penetration.
• While in Null Mode, Darkhawk’s Basic Attacks have a 100% chance to inflict Shock, instantly dealing 122.7 Energy Damage.

*** Developer Note: This mode is your go-to damage dealing mode. Use this mode to crack through even the toughest enemies.

Signature Ability: Null Space Upgrades
Darkhawk’s Raptor Armor gains its power directly from Null Space, improving the Armor’s major abilities.
• Shield Mode grants a 100% chance to Autoblock Enemy Attacks.
• Stealth Mode grants 60% increased Offensive Power Rate.
• Null Mode grants 1227 additional Attack Rating.

*** Developer Note: Much of Darkhawk’s greatest power lies within his Signature Ability. Be sure to keep an eye on his effectiveness as you increase his sig level. The changes should be noticeable and make him both better on offense and defense.

Synergy Bonuses

Friends Lv. 3 - Spider Man (Stark Enhanced), Iron Man (Infinity War)
• All Champions gain +5% Attack

Night Hawks - Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Moon Knight - Unique Synergy
• Darkhawk: Start the fight in a random mode.
• Night Thrasher: Enemies have -20% Armor Rating for each unique debuff on them.
• Moon Knight: New and Waxing Moons grant 30% of Max Power over 6 seconds at the beginning of the fight. Full and Waning Moons grant 10% of Max Health over 3 seconds at the beginning of the fight.

Dark Justice - Venom, Ghost Rider, Punisher - Unique Synergy
• +30% Power Rate against Villains. +10% Critical Rating against Heroes.

Birds of Prey - Vulture, Falcon, Hawkeye - Unique Synergy
• + 5% Critical Rating and Damaging Debuffs are 40% stronger.

Recommended Masteries

Block Proficiency / Parry
• Improving Darkhawk’s ability to prevent damage, or allow him to Stun on Autoblocks will strengthen his hand as a defender.

Liquid Courage / Double Edge
• As a robot, these damage improving masteries will give him only benefits.

Collar Tech
• This little mastery will couple almost perfectly with Darkhawk’s Stealth Mode, allowing him to easily manage his enemy's power level.

Strengths

Bleeds / Poisons
• Bleed and poison focused champs will quickly lose their competitive edge against Darkhawk. Here’s looking at you Archangel.

Playstyle
• Opponent’s who knock Darkhawk down without thinking about the consequences will discover his Shield Mode is not to be trifled with.

Omega Red
• Death Spores will struggle to take hold of Darkhawk, ensuring Omega Red’s tentacles will lack their usual terror.

Weaknesses

Unblockable / True Strike
• Characters with access to Unblockable or True Strike attacks will help cut through Darkhawk’s potent Shield Mode.

Heal Block
• You probably have to knock Darkhawk down sometime, it would be best if he didn’t heal from it.

Nebula / Anti Robot Champs
• Nebula can’t stop his armor from shifting modes, but she can stop some of Darkhawk’s beneficial abilities from triggering.

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• I'm a little mixed about him. While the auto block + shock ahould make him good for defense, I'm not too sure about offense. But he still looks cool. He looks like a Kamen Rider, and I like Kamen Rider.
  • First series I collected as a kid was darkhawk. Excited to try him out if i pull him from a crystal.
  • KingOfKings1KingOfKings1 Posts: 101
    edited December 2018
    Perhaps it would be better to fix the extreme lag before releasing this champion, you know the one that 95% of players have been talking about since day 1
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 726
    Great work singling out Archangel @Kabam Vydious
  • Darkhawk looks like another god tier of 2018
  • If you guys have doubts about his offensive uses when max siged and in null mode he gets a 200% attack bonus
  • So Damaging Debuffs, archangels Nuerotoxin will not do increased damage, but bleed and poison will if I’m not mistaken. That boy will melt fools
  • That Birds of Prey Synergy is going to make Archangel even better, dang!
  • Also AA is not a good option for fighting Darkhawk, but he has a synergy with him lol
  • Auto blocks trigger parry? That is too OP and definitely game-changing for AW def
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 2,927
    So Damaging Debuffs, archangels Nuerotoxin will not do increased damage, but bleed and poison will if I’m not mistaken. That boy will melt fools
    That Birds of Prey Synergy is going to make Archangel even better, dang!

Not sure if this is how it works. I feel like it’s only for the champs in the synergy. That’s how it’s been lately anyway. Maybe a mod can clarify.
  • First of all, he looks cool. Well done.

The 100% Autoblock with Parry in Shield node sounds a teeny bit annoying...

Question:

Special 1 - Amulet Blast
    The Darkhawk Amulet taps into the vast powers in Null Space, directing it towards the opponent with devastating force.
    • If Darkhawk is in Shield Mode, this attack inflicts Stun for 3.5 seconds.
    • If Darkhawk is in Stealth Mode, opponents generate no Power from this attack.
    • If Darkhawk is in Null Mode, this attack inflicts Shock, dealing 1227 Energy Damage over 4 seconds.

*** Developer Note: Each mode will alter this attack’s secondary effect. Think about your objective in the fight, using this attack might sacrifice your ability to stay in the mode you like most.
    Why would it do that? I can't see any suggestion that activating SP1 influences your mode? Aside from the fact it'll mean you delay getting your SP2/3 off; so can't go to Stealth or Null so soon.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,708
    edited December 2018
    Given his endless minor buffs, debuffs, Autoblock, and critical resistance, it'll be interesting to see how Darkhawk faces off against Crossbones.

Civil Warrior (Mr Heal Block) should do pretty well, too.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 3,652
    Do he tigger parry one autoblok
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    can anyone give me tips on how to handle his shield mode without anti robot or true strike effectively? Else we have a champ that make us mostly unable to use heavy and special
  • GamerGamer Posts: 3,652
    weavile wrote: »
    can anyone give me tips on how to handle his shield mode without anti robot or true strike effectively? Else we have a champ that make us mostly unable to use heavy and special

Stun him with parry.
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 60
    edited December 2018
    I got him as a 5* but no synergy with AA
    WHY???? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 261
    MabkaZuck wrote: »

Yes where is AA in the synergy list in game?
  • Rotelly wrote: »
    MabkaZuck wrote: »

Yes where is AA in the synergy list in game?

This
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 739
    Yeah, I just spent 3 Odins trying to get him just for the synergy with AA and then it doesn't apply to him? What the heck!

Birds of Prey - Vulture, Falcon, Hawkeye, Archangel - Unique Synergy

If this somehow doesn't apply to Archangel, I will want a refund. I opened those crystals exclusively to gain this synergy for AA.
    0ilmr3o3lcnz.jpg
  • Yeah the archangel synergy isn’t on any of the DarkHawks..?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 24
    edited December 2018
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just spent 3 Odins trying to get him just for the synergy with AA and then it doesn't apply to him? What the heck!

Welp, there's the biggest mistake of all of this...spending $300 for just a chance to get one champ. That being said, kabam done screwed up the synergies...
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,267
    Silly that AA isn't included in a bird's of prey synergy
  • Probably because he doesnt have a bird name or somethin, sucks tho
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »

If this somehow doesn't apply to Archangel, I will want a refund. I opened those crystals exclusively to gain this synergy for AA.

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion here. The information in-game and on the spotlight blog post is correct as this synergy does not apply to Archangel. The forum post has been updated to reflect this information.

So... Can I get my units back? I spent them entirely because I was chasing the AA synergy? Feel free to PM me. Support is awful, I'd prefer to go through a mod here if possible.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 818
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion here. The information in-game and on the spotlight blog post is correct as this synergy does not apply to Archangel. The forum post has been updated to reflect this information.

So... Can I get my units back? I spent them entirely because I was chasing the AA synergy? Feel free to PM me. Support is awful, I'd prefer to go through a mod here if possible.

Agreed this was very misleading
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 261
    @Kabam Lyra what is the plan to compensate players who bought crystals based on the forum post only to find out kabam mods made a mistake?