**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

how do you beat ROL

how do you beat ROL what champs do you use what ranks do they need to be am i gonna experience glitching when i get to scarlet ?????

Comments

• RadiantBonkersRadiantBonkers Posts: 14
    you can beat RoL with any ranks. to save a good amount of revives I'd go in with at least 4/40's. All you need is a heal block or Guillotine or a star lord (duped) for Wolverine. It'll save you more revives if you bring a poison immune champ for scarlet. For everyone else I'd recommend a high damage or bleed champ.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    ageless wrote: »
    how do you beat ROL what champs do you use what ranks do they need to be am i gonna experience glitching when i get to scarlet ?????

It can be done with pretty much anyone but you definitely need Guillotine for Wolverine. Glitching is not an issue but the matches do take a long time depending on who you use. Scarlet Witch can be tricky with her poison. Make sure you use a regen champ unless you have lots of potions and revives. Star Lord works very well at ending matches faster IF YOU CAN KEEP LONG COMBOS.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Your team could consist of duped Scarlet Witch (great damage on her s2 and regens occasionally) or Wolverine (for his regen and bleed).
    Also you need really good masteries. I mean cruelty, precision, pierce, parry and dexterity. And if you can afford it despair, deep wounds and assassin.
  • Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    In rol bring crossbones for scarlet witch he doesn't give critical hits so she won't proc anything on you unless you get hit. I personally used: Star Lord r5 Sig 20, crossbones r5 unduped, guillotine r4 Sig 60, and cap ww2 r4 Sig 20. Used 6 revives in total.
  • The hardest fight is Wolverine and you have to use Guillotine. Sometimes it even takes a few tries on him since you need to stack his regen before you hit him with Guilly's s2.

As for who to bring I think everyone else has it covered very well. I beat it back when there were block proficiency teams and willpower was not nerfed so I used SL 3*, DS 4*, DS 3*, SW 3*, and Guilly 3*.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    How about this team since I'm thinking its time to have a crack.

Archangel
    Vision
    Guillotine
    CB
    Magik

All 4/40. I have a generic that I might use on AA.

I can almost take down WS with my 3* starlord and I am tempted to use boosts and take him in in but I don't know who to take out.

I have 1000 units, a bunch of revives and heal pots but I don't want to buy my way through (probably sounds silly since so many have easily completed it but I'm not sure it will be so easy for me)

Pre-12.0 I got to juggy using SW and a crit team and stupidly pulled out thinking I would have a proper crack a few weeks later (guess what, 12.****.oh happened)
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I used my 4/40 Wolverine (Sig 83, used against everyone except Vision and Wolverine), 3/30 Guillotine (not duped, for Wolverine), 3/30 Storm (sig 20, used her on Vision). 3* Cyclops (new school) and 4* Magneto (not duped), they were used for a Mutant synergy boost. Used 11 Revives. I don't have Deep Wounds or Assassin but I did have 1 point in Mystic Dispersion which helped my Guillotine a lot. A mutant synergy team and Mystic Dispersion helps against Wolverine.
  • akwaziakwazi Posts: 43
    If you have sl, gp,storm, x23, guillotine, archangel and sweet. Any of them or 2 I'm a team with mutant team should be easy
  • Dusky_DawnDusky_Dawn Posts: 60
    I used my duped 4 star level 40 X23 for everyone except wolverine.rank 3 4 syar2 Guillotine took wolverine down in like 3 minutes. My team was: 4 star X23, guillotine, storm, 90scycloos, and 3 star wolverine
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Personally i went in and used Wolverine. just kept his power at max and healed through any mistakes i made. had a 3* guillotine for wolverine. also used my duped SW since shes higher damage and some of the enemies are bleed immune.

Fighting SW's poison isnt that bad and as long as you dont end up with 4+ stacks while getting heal blocked you will be fine.

mainly i did RoL to burn off the 200+ heals and 20+ revives i had during an item use event before they expired.

The biggest problem people have is with wolverine because they panic or try to create the perfect situation. just fight him like normal with guillotine and make you you land your SP2. it lasts long enough that you can re-apply as its running out.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Rol to easy I jumped on it killed 3 node my sl was almost full so I quit it
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    First I did with my 4/40 rouge, most of the fights took me around 800 to 1000 hits, then recently did it again with rouge 5/50 now it was 450 to 600 hits, the most was Vision around 700...I had a blast at SW and Black bolt, I got like 25 fury and cruelty healing for like 8000 per sp1...
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    I did it with my 4* 4/40 duped Rogue too, and Punisher 2099 4* 3/30 plus a couple of revives for Wolverine
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    First I did with my 4/40 rouge, most of the fights took me around 800 to 1000 hits, then recently did it again with rouge 5/50 now it was 450 to 600 hits, the most was Vision around 700...I had a blast at SW and Black bolt, I got like 25 fury and cruelty healing for like 8000 per sp1...

Did with her too! two attempts too also! ahaha so you know my satisfaction in the end when I finished it!
    Rogue is OP, didn't need Starlord at all
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Beat it in the last few months on my baby account. I used a 4/40 4* Wolverine, 4/40 4* Voodoo, 3/30 4* X23, 4/40 3* Guilly, and 4/40 4* Ms. Marvel. Mastery setup is key, if you do not have strong attack masteries then the matches will take forever. I used Wolverine primarily for every match and even with maxed assassin it takes well over 600-700 hits. For Scarlet Witch and Vision I used Ms. Marvel. She is poison immune (good against SW) and Vision is bleed immune and poison immune so Voodoo and Wolverine were not options.
    Toughest match was Wolverine...it took me several revives to clear him cause there is a lot of luck that goes into it. You have to hit him at exactly the right moment with Guilly's s2 and if she runs out of souls you have to quit the match (not force close). The easiest match in my opinion is Black Bolt, bait his s2 and he kills himself.
    Make sure you are banking your potions and revives though. Those are of the utmost importance.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    I beat it with a 3* SL and 3* Guilly back in the day ( no challanger rating, so it was easier ) and PB synergies, but I guess you can do it with a 4* SL duped at r4 at least, with mutant crit+special damage synergies (cyke, storm, wolvie, mags)
    edited July 2017
    So I've been farming heals from WS this week and have a decent amount in the stash.

One shotted WS with a 4/40 AA.

AA is low on health due to a couple of rookie errors and it took 267 hits to take WS out, 5 stacks of neuro just melts the health away.

Should I go for it now or do I need to be able to one shot with 40%+ health to be able to get through. I'd rather be told I'm not good enough than prove it by getting stuck halfway with no resources.

Team is:
    Duped vision AoU
    CB
    Magik duped
    Guilly
    AA duped

All 4/40
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    That looks like a pretty good team, good luck!
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    So I've been farming heals from WS this week and have a decent amount in the stash.

AA is low on health due to a couple of rookie errors and it took 267 hits to take WS out, 5 stacks of neuro just melts the health away.

Should I go for it now or do I need to be able to one shot with 40%+ health to be able to get through. I'd rather be told I'm not good enough than prove it by getting stuck halfway with no resources.

Team is:
    Duped vision AoU
    CB
    Magik duped
    Guilly
    AA duped

All 4/40

If u got AA duped then i doubt ur gonna need guillotine since neurotoxin blocks all heal. Gonna take u more hits agreed but will let you have better synergies
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288

Team is:
    Duped vision AoU
    CB
    Magik duped
    Guilly
    AA duped

All 4/40

I would say you can do it, if you have enough skill, like the one above said, you should drop out Guilly for someone like scarlet witch, star lord, thor or X-23 for the poison immune. It will make it easier, otherwise you can keep farming for 1-2 weeks before doing it
    Well, Captain Marvel down.

Very boring fight.

Evade the first special and never saw another one due to Magik SP2 power lock.

Took a few punches, there's some weird glitch thing where it freezes for a fraction of a second and it's enough to throw me off while endlessly punching.

Didn't count hits, well over 600 but not worrying about specials is pretty good news even though the hardest to evade (WS SP2) is already done.

This is why Starlord is so damn useful if a reasonable streak is maintained and I'll be using AA on anyone not immune just to shorten the fights a bit, might throw a +30% attack/health on to try and cut the length of time.

• I did Wolverine with Loki on the second try. keeping the curse active can be tricky but it was really fun. Scarlet Witch and Vision were easy with Hyperion and did the rest with my 4* 4/40 Wolverine.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    My personal team:

X-23 for most fights. Her healing and damage are both great so she can just keep going.

Captain America, duped, with Willpower and 3/3 Recovery. He was the best champ I found for Juggernaut and Scarlet Witch. Against Juggernaut, you just stun or block when he is unstoppable. Cap's stun lasts very long so that makes the fight much easier. If you miss a parry just block and dash back when he tries to hit you with a heavy attack. I've also got 5/5 in Stand Your Ground and maxed out all of the stun mastery tree.
    vs. Scarlet Witch Cap was great, too... whenever I got debuffs from Witch I was usually healing because of Willpower and Recovery. Only one that was problematic was Heal Block but it doesn't last long.

Guillotine for Wolverine. It's still not an easy fight but if you do it right it's definitely the fastest fight. Watch some videos on YouTube before attempting this you have to do it just right or you are screwed.
    If you have Punisher 2099 I think he might be a more reliable option, even though the fight will take much longer.

and then I think I also used Crossbones and... someone else.. Magik? Vision? I don't remember. But those first 3 were the big workhorses.

edited July 2017
    I would've loved to bring X23 but couldn't get one damn T3cc from 100% heroic and making shards from T2 last week and didn't want to waste a slot on a 3/30. Could've R4'd Drax today but I would've rathered the regen to cover my stuff ups.

Anyway, up to black bolt but that's a tomorrow job, too many JD's and the annoying glitch means I have had enough for today.

I made the mistake of letting souls expire with guilly and on another occasion forgot to force quit so wolvy got back to max health.

Once I remembered how its done he just fell over. Hoping I can keep BB killing himself with recoil on sp2 tomorrow.

Hardest fight so far was Juggs, not paying attention to unstoppable timer while stuns active is a bad mistake to make. I discovered an interesting side effect to having a bunch of neuros active but while I'm sure I'm not the only person to notice it I don't want some do gooding jerk to alert the authoritahs by mentioning it even if it's not a bug. BTW, I used AA.

Used vision for scarlet witch and counted 22 poisons. Got killed by having multiple weakness debuffs so all that punching didn't do much and accumulated damage from mistimed parries/blocks and the occasional brain fade made it a longer fight than it needed to be. Ended up using AA again, a quick fight means less debuffs.

Rhino is weak as P one 55, nothing to mention here.

Still using stash items and haven't spent a unit, I feel like I have underachieved so far but it's friday and mixing a ROL run with drinking probably wasn't the wisest choice but I'm too many cans in to care.

edited July 2017
    Dammit. Had an essay written and deleted the lot while editing. Stupid Jack Daniels.

Anyway. Abbreviated version:

Couldn't make a t3cc for X23 this week, 100% heroic and shards from 100% normal weren't enough, insert rant about drop rates for useless **** no one wants until they want it

Didn't want to lose a slot to a 3/30 and got too impatient to wait until next week. Could've done R4 drax but regen would've nice to cover my mistakes.

Up to BB.

Juggs, hardest fight so far due to stun timer and unstoppable timer catching me out a couple of times, AA made short work yet again, interesting interaction between a bunch of neuros and the side effect of Juggs specials.

Wolvy: Forgot about the whole souls expiring thing, also forgot about force quit. Once I figured out why I sucked he fell over pretty quick.

Rhino: Easy as Pee one double five.

SW: Used Vision, counted 22 poisons throughout the fight, a few stacks. Got heaps of power drain debuffs which was nice, weakness stacks, notsomuch.

Panther was almost snoozeworthy with AA.

Probably forgetting someone but short term memory fail.

Still have all my units, I kinda feel like I'm underachieving but a ROL run and copius amounts of Tennessee's finest is probably not a great idea, even if it is, and it is.

I figure BB and SP2 baiting is the hot ticket, what about Hulk?
    edited July 2017
    Also, thanks for the tips and to those who have been there before and are willing to pass on the knowledge to us noobs.

I know ROL is no real achievement to most but to hack players like me it's a small source of pride just being able to get it done. I really wish I had've had a chance to go with a PB team but flipside is there are way more options these days as far as champion choice.

I'm in a **** alliance I'll never leave, I don't buy crystals and 3 wars in 2 years. If I can get it done (some lucky 4* pulls notwithstanding but getting them to 4/40 is all hard work) then all it takes is time if you don't want to spend money.
  • phillgreen wrote: »
    Dammit. Had an essay written and deleted the lot while editing. Stupid Jack Daniels.

Anyway. Abbreviated version:

Couldn't make a t3cc for X23 this week, 100% heroic and shards from 100% normal weren't enough, insert rant about drop rates for useless **** no one wants until they want it

Didn't want to lose a slot to a 3/30 and got too impatient to wait until next week. Could've done R4 drax but regen would've nice to cover my mistakes.

Up to BB.

Juggs, hardest fight so far due to stun timer and unstoppable timer catching me out a couple of times, AA made short work yet again, interesting interaction between a bunch of neuros and the side effect of Juggs specials.

Wolvy: Forgot about the whole souls expiring thing, also forgot about force quit. Once I figured out why I sucked he fell over pretty quick.

Rhino: Easy as Pee one double five.

SW: Used Vision, counted 22 poisons throughout the fight, a few stacks. Got heaps of power drain debuffs which was nice, weakness stacks, notsomuch.

Panther was almost snoozeworthy with AA.

Probably forgetting someone but short term memory fail.

Still have all my units, I kinda feel like I'm underachieving but a ROL run and copius amounts of Tennessee's finest is probably not a great idea, even if it is, and it is.

I figure BB and SP2 baiting is the hot ticket, what about Hulk?

BB, you are exactly right. Bait that s2...it takes about 26k of his health each time he uses it. Hulk really was not that bad. He hits hard but I think you can get him without dipping into revives.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    How about this team since I'm thinking its time to have a crack.

Archangel
    Vision
    Guillotine
    CB
    Magik

All 4/40. I have a generic that I might use on AA.

I can almost take down WS with my 3* starlord and I am tempted to use boosts and take him in in but I don't know who to take out.

I have 1000 units, a bunch of revives and heal pots but I don't want to buy my way through (probably sounds silly since so many have easily completed it but I'm not sure it will be so easy for me)

Pre-12.0 I got to juggy using SW and a crit team and stupidly pulled out thinking I would have a proper crack a few weeks later (guess what, 12.****.oh happened)

Vision and Magik are not as useful as they normally are because ROL defenders never use their special 3s... so even though I think I brought Vision the first time I never used him. He's okay vs. SW because he's poison immune... but Willpower and Recovery masteries work better than immunity.