**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I miss using DOCTOR STRANGE. He never really fully recovered from that devastating NERF

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
If I had just one request of Kabam, it would be to return Doctor Strange to his former glory. Once the most used Champion in the game, now he feels like an invalid. Scarlet, Thor, Starlord...they were all at least repaired to usable levels after the Nerf. But Doc was left behind in a BIG WAY. He was my very first R5 and just an absolute blast to play. AQ was absolutely owned with him. Just makes me sad that he will never again be close to what he once was. I miss him a lot. And sincerely wish Kabam would bring him back to the repair table.

Comments

• LeonaraphaelLeonaraphael Posts: 12
    I have mine at rank 3 now and he was R5 at one point. It's sad.
  • quanzoaquanzoa Posts: 35
    He was once my favorite champ to play. Now, he's just not good enough. The low power gain, low health, and low damage output coupled with low healing just make for a sub-par champ. They went too far with his nerf. I also hope they repair him soon.
  • DorknightDorknight Posts: 19
    He used to be my go to. He wasn't the best but his regen sustained him in harder fights. Definitely to skill and a different approach to play. Now I hardly touch him. They ruined a once great character.
  • OldmanjoeOldmanjoe Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    He was once my favorite champ to play. Now, he's just not good enough. R5 and now R4. I wish Kabam would listen to our pleas.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Just stop being kid and stop praising any character u get ...stop making them god tier or whatever....what do you think will happen when u say especially on these forums how good a champ is how they save you from using revives or potions in AQ or AW ...dont u think how stupid this is when you say things like these on kabam's home turf...and then wonder why did they weakend him .

Actually, they don't nerf Champs just because people talk about them. They have their own data to analyze. They didn't make the decision just because people said they like him. It didn't come lightly. DS has been in the game a long time. They've had time to assess it.
    The God Tier was too OP, so much so that it was dominating the entire game. They had to make changes because they couldn't offer new and better content. There is no risk of talking about Champs on the Forum. They have their own information to go on.
    I will agree that the nerf was quite extreme. I understand the reasons. The one thing I could suggest is a slight Damage increase. I find his output is a little on the soft side. Nothing too major.
    The rest seems small, but overall it makes for a useful Champ. The Regen is not what it was, but it cycles many times. The Power Gain is different, but he has other Abilities. I think it's best he's not what he was. I just see that he could use a slight increase in the output. At least in the Fury Cycle.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Nope GW... he's horrible now. A little fury buff and he'll still be bad. His regen is to weak. If they just extended his cycle time from from pre 12.0 that would have been a big enough nerf. I took mine to rank 3 and he's sig level 99 that's how bad he is now. The only thing he has going for him now is his ability to automatically remove buffs. While that's great it won't help if you die.
    I agree that talking about him here didn't lead to his nerf but didn't help either.
  • SubrocSubroc Posts: 21
    Once a highly used champ, to never used champ. Just seems like he was nerfed to hard.
    I hope that the data collected changes the mind of whoever decided this.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    I used Doc Strange in every aspect of the game, now he collects dust. He was versatile, master his def/off/heal cycles and he was clutch in almost any spot.

He know takes damage on the defensive seal when blocking, we all know the heal rate is the real problem during his health steal stage but even in offense seal stacking those armor breaks is like winning the lottery.

I ranked up and use champs that regen more that I wouldn't before. I won't mention who so they won't be on the chopping block lol
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    I have not used strange in questing or AQ since 12.0. Its sad really as he used to be my go to champ. I used him so Solo Maestro chapter 4 back in the day. I think if they return his regen back to the way it was it might encourage more use. Kabam basically nerfed him so bad the other Avengers dont invite him to save the world any more.
  • djmindblazerdjmindblazer Posts: 76
    @Lovingkid is it champs that are god tier or its about players who makes them god tier? allways when i see such post hav esame question ohh some1 made post how op lord is ,guess what there is post about hyperion,vodoo,mordo ,dormamu magic etc. i am not saying they are all at same lvl but without skillfull player none of that matters. sttrange is sad how usless he gets over time as i remember its 4th nerf for him and finally they manage to take down glory of doctor.strange
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Some arena grinding here and there is about all the action he sees anymore.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Doctor can be fixed by simply making his regen percentage based. Doesn't have to be as high as before but it should make using specials and crits more powerful for his regen.

As for new content being created, DS was not a major factor or limitation. He couldn't stun lock, or bypass thorns, he couldn't armor break multiple times then smash like Thor due to his previously nerfed attack. The only thing he did was allow players to minimize there spend while playing harder content. At no point did he ever have an advantage in power or ability.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    @mostlyharmlessn Happy Towel Day!
    The God Tier was too OP, so much so that it was dominating the entire game. They had to make changes because they couldn't offer new and better content. There is no risk of talking about Champs on the Forum. They have their own information to go on.

To me this is a cop out that Kabam has tried to sell. There is virtually never a legitimate reason to remove functionality of something that people have invested time and money into which is exactly what they did here. They removed his usefulness after promoting him all over the game, online, and through special purchases.

They had planned to reduce his usefulness while also releasing and upgrading other champs to the point they are more powerful then he ever was. Now we see Yondu coming out and the armor penetration and other things we all hated and rejected from 12.0 are starting to creep back into the game.

It's not a cop-out at all. Having a Champ that is strong in some ways is not the same as having a Champ that can cut through any content like butter. Consider the amount they were OP among all content. The Champs that are strong are not on the same level as the God Tier.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    I totally agree with this post Dr strange nerf has affected many of us in the game specially us that don't have a starlord or Scarlet witch .Dr strange was my favorite character and after the nerf he useless he doesn't gain Life anymore and we invested time money in packs alpha catalyst to rank him up and I know that after the rank down tickets many players use them on Dr strange cause he became useless or at least not as good as he use to be , We have more powerful characters in game so I don't see why the need to nerf Dr strange . PLEASE KABAM BRING HIM BACK
  • Viper247Viper247 Posts: 13
    I totally agree with all of you! its now Dr Vodoo now and Mordo that have all the power! DS cant compete with either of those guys WAY more powerful than DS. just make him comparable to them and I will be happy!
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

To me this is a cop out that Kabam has tried to sell. There is virtually never a legitimate reason to remove functionality of something that people have invested time and money into which is exactly what they did here. They removed his usefulness after promoting him all over the game, online, and through special purchases.

They had planned to reduce his usefulness while also releasing and upgrading other champs to the point they are more powerful then he ever was. Now we see Yondu coming out and the armor penetration and other things we all hated and rejected from 12.0 are starting to creep back into the game.

It's not a cop-out at all. Having a Champ that is strong in some ways is not the same as having a Champ that can cut through any content like butter. Consider the amount they were OP among all content. The Champs that are strong are not on the same level as the God Tier.

Sure it is. There were many other ways of doing it, or at least not doing it to the gross extreme they did. They could have made content to counter him, they could have elevated other champs. Instead they took the easy way out and rendered him to the level of a champ used for arena points.

I might agree had they not had explicit Dr. Strange events, had they not sold items like the Dr. Strange crystal packs to get people to spend to get this particular very strong champ as he was at that time.

To say he cut through content like butter, that may be true in the hands of a skilled player, but those same players quickly adapted to using Rogue, Phoenix, and Ghost Rider the same way.

Sorry to say, Dr. Voodoo, Hyperion, and Dormammu are more effective and powerful then Dr. Strange was.
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Yeah, DS is garbage now. Only time I really use him is if all my good champs are locked up in AQ & AW and I need to finish content before it expires. I used him on that big ugly tree in last master EQ. Took forever to beat him with the pillows DS throws at opponents now, but his spell binding came in handy with all the regen King Groot had. Other than occasional use in EQ, the only action he sees is when I'm grinding arena. Sad, really. I don't use SW, Thor, or SL anymore either.

Sure it is. There were many other ways of doing it, or at least not doing it to the gross extreme they did. They could have made content to counter him, they could have elevated other champs. Instead they took the easy way out and rendered him to the level of a champ used for arena points.

I might agree had they not had explicit Dr. Strange events, had they not sold items like the Dr. Strange crystal packs to get people to spend to get this particular very strong champ as he was at that time.

To say he cut through content like butter, that may be true in the hands of a skilled player, but those same players quickly adapted to using Rogue, Phoenix, and Ghost Rider the same way.

Sorry to say, Dr. Voodoo, Hyperion, and Dormammu are more effective and powerful then Dr. Strange was.

They're not the same. Sorry you disagree.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    DS got nerfed because of his regen ability plain and simple. He was costing Kabam revenue in the form of AQ potions and revives. DS was never a powerhouse beast that annihlated everything in his path, he was a survivor, and he was able to survive because his regen was so powerful.
  • BurntbaconBurntbacon Posts: 73
    Can we get a mod to update us on the data they were collecting for analysis? Is there any hope Strange gets a little love?
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited May 2017

They're not the same. Sorry you disagree.

Out of curiosity -- why are you commenting on nearly every thread in this forum today? All I see and read is you pushing your opinion and you arguing with people.

There are lots of opinions which have merit - they are just not yours. Please allow others some usage of the forum.

Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.