**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance officers need more tools besides kicking

I've recently been made an officer, so I'm having to deal with something that I've noticed for awhile. Sometimes someone in the alliance is doing something wrong, but it's not horrible. The problem is that our only options are a) ask him to stop and b) kick him out of the alliance. We need more moderate options.

In this case, a member is joining Alliance Quests, but not participating. People feel like he's getting rewards and not contributing. However, he contributes to a lot of other things for the alliance. He gets a lot of points for Summoner Advancement and works to complete Alliance Events. So I don't want to kick him.

Could we have the ability to just kick someone from an AQ? A temporary AQ ban would also be good. Could we set it so a member has to have a minimum number of fights in AQ to get rewards?

If there are any other ideas for punishments that are less severe than kicking, I'd like to hear them.

Comments

• MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    Some people are good at some thing and some people are only interested in some part of the games.

In your alliance there must be people who do not have a lot of point in SA and do not complete alliance Events but only good in AQ and AW, do you forbid them to get SA or alliance event rewards?

In my opinion, you should have better communication with that member or just keep him out if you want people contribute all the stuff in the game.

Whey that guy deserve a "punishments" when there are people who contribute only a little in other events who do not deserve a "punishments"?

This is just a game. If you do not like the way he does things, talk to him or kick him.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    Some people are good at some thing and some people are only interested in some part of the games.

We're not talking about people who don't play Alliance Quests. We're talking about people who routinely join the quests, do nothing, then take the rewards.

I have tried talking to them. This isn't serious enough to kick them. A third option would be helpful.

• MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    If you value AQ and AW more than other events, you can just kick the guy. There will always be someone who is willing to spend in SA while actively in AQ and AW.

Think this way, at least he gets the rewards so he can use the rewards in SA.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    If you value AQ and AW more than other events, you can just kick the guy. There will always be someone who is willing to spend in SA while actively in AQ and AW.

Think this way, at least he gets the rewards so he can use the rewards in SA.

Exactly right. The best way to grow in this game is AQ. You get more T4 cats from it than anywhere else in the game. Kick slackers because ultimately they will kill your chances at running harder maps.
    I tend to think that sometimes a milder solution can get better results.

Some of the people I'm talking about actually do very well in other parts of the game. If there were a way to make them stop abusing this one part, they might work just as hard in this part of the game as they do in other parts. If I just kick them, then we have to recruit new people with no guarantee that they'll be better. We might spend weeks going through several people who don't even do as much as the current member.

Again, the issue is that right now the only options are talk and kick, with nothing in between. That's like having a justice system where the only punishments are a warning and execution. I'm surprised that having a middle option is such a controversial idea.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★

We're not talking about people who don't play Alliance Quests. We're talking about people who routinely join the quests, do nothing, then take the rewards.

I have tried talking to them. This isn't serious enough to kick them. A third option would be helpful.

Those are leachers and it's absolutely serious enough to boot someone if they do it repeatedly. I don't know how many people we booted in the early days of my alliance for that exact reason. Participate or gtfo.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    There is an option actually. You can give them a clear warning and then by kicking and inviting them back right away, they will be temporarily locked out from ranked rewards. If you clearly tell them that will be the consequences before hand and they keep leeching, that will make them stop on way or another.
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    There is an option actually. You can give them a clear warning and then by kicking and inviting them back right away, they will be temporarily locked out from ranked rewards. If you clearly tell them that will be the consequences before hand and they keep leeching, that will make them stop on way or another.

That's an interesting suggestion.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    In some ways I agree kicking a person can be rough if they are a good player as a leader you would like to keep a player but they joined a Alliance to compete in Alliance events you can't just pick and choose which one you are going to play in,if you make a exception for one then you will have to make it for another and another.I have point minimums in Alliance events,Arena Combat,Completion but I say AQ is our priority if you can't do that go play somewhere else,and if I see you tanking on purpose and committing lesser characters buh bye.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    A simple check box next to each members name would work. Check box to allow for AW and AQ and un-check to make member blocked for AW and AQ.
  • If it was me, my problem wouldn't be that he's getting unearned rewards, its that he's not contributing where he's needed. Sure if he's putting up 10 times as many points as the next closest guy in other alliance events and he's the only reason we're getting the last milestone in those events that's nice and all. Right up to the point others are having to spend more on pots or, worse yet, we're not finishing maps because the guy isn't participating then simply barring him from getting rewards doesn't fix what I would see as the problem, which is that he doesn't care about the alliance or anyone else in it.

In a successful, non-casual, alliance you need to work as a team. If that's what you want and someone isn't willing to do their part, then you need to jettison them before their attitude spreads to the other players.
  • Mystic_ManeMystic_Mane Posts: 46
    Officers probably need more options (such as better ways to handle a player or players going on vacation or taking a break) but I don't think that this is one of them.

I understand wanting to do something other than kick them, but I think a simple verbal warning is fine. Why would you want to keep a player in your alliance that is inactive during the most important quests? Better to spend the time recruiting than fighting over it.
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    I found the best way to deal with this issue is kick the offender if its just one or two guys. There are skilled players out there searching for alliances were everyone is working together. just takes time to locate them.

if its a widespread problem than leave and find a new alliance. yeah losing out on rewards for a few days sucks but think about how much better life will be in a better alliance.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    @JasonMBryant allowing an AQ squatter to stay in your alliance will surely discourage your other members. It is very frustrating for a player to make the effort to log in repeatedly during the day, fight in AQ, spend units on potions and revives if necessary, and then see someone squatting in AQ, doing no work and reaping the same rewards as everyone else. Never mind he contributes in other areas, AQ is bread and butter in an active ally and everyone must contribute in AQ.

I think you just don't want to kick out the person and are looking for some validation to keep him in the ally. Gwendoline did make an interesting suggestion, but honestly keeping the offending person can become cancerous to your ally. Don't let one person ruin an alliance.