**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community Forums, Tools, and Programs - what do you want to see in 2019?

Hi Summoners!

I wanted to introduce myself - Kabam Kaylee, the shiniest new member of the MCOC team.

I’m a huge fan of The Contest, Marvel, and am completely honoured to be working with this community!

This upcoming year we’ll be kicking off the next phase of Forum improvements and Community tools, and wanted to hear what changes, tools or programs you’d like to see!

This will be my primary focus for 2019 and we are really excited for what’s to come.

But before we get into that, let’s go over a few housekeeping notes:

1) We will gather up all your ideas and keep a running list HERE
2) We will add them if they relate to the topic of Forum tech, structure, tools, community programs, or content.
3) We can’t promise that we will get to everything but we will do our best to keep the suggestions in mind.

We’ve gone through and added the suggested improvements from the previous “Forum Suggestions and Requests!” post. If I’ve unintentionally missed anything please let me know.

Let’s keep it on topic. This isn’t the discussion for bug, character, or game issues. There are many other places in the forum for that. We’ll remove those suggestions that are off topic.

We’re really looking forward to 2019, it’s an exciting time for The Contest and the Community and we can’t wait to share more!

- Kabam Kaylee
Post edited by Kabam Kaylee on

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I would like an icon on a thread that shows if I have already posted in it.

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    -Add an icon indicating which threads you've posted in already. Makes it easier to track your convos.
  • @RagamugginGunner and @phillgreen I would love to understand how having that button would be used in your posting flow. Could you elaborate?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Give it time to get to know some members of this community an that excitement will soon wear off lol.

On the full site using my tablet I can't see the flag abuse or spam, would love that to be fixed, it used to be visible then just stopped.

Also need more access to real answers from devs, host an AMA once a month or two. The dev diary is a good start but not really good enough. We want our questions, thoughs, concerns etc brought to the devs in our own words an replied from a devs in their words without the need for mods as go betweens. This way we know nothing is getting left out or lost in translation.

@RagamugginGunner and @phillgreen I would love to understand how having that button would be used in your posting flow. Could you elaborate?

On some forums it's as simple as a green dot next the the thread, others it shows your profile pic next to the thread.
    Also, add an "ignore thread" option to get threads you don't want to see clutter the first page.
  • Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Give it time to get to know some members of this community an that excitement will soon wear off lol.

On the full site using my tablet I can't see the flag abuse or spam, would love that to be fixed, it used to be visible then just stopped.

Also need more access to real answers from devs, host an AMA once a month or two. The dev diary is a good start but not really good enough. We want our questions, thoughs, concerns etc brought to the devs in our own words an replied from a devs in their words without the need for mods as go betweens. This way we know nothing is getting left out or lost in translation.

I'm just going to go ahead and ignore that first comment ;).

RE: Spam button on tablet, what kind of tablet and can you post a screen grab so I can see whether what version of the site you've got access to?

RE: Additional access to Devs. We're actively discussing how best to execute that in 2019.

• caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Welcome Kaylee. I noticed a lot of polls that get created, do you think we can have a category separate just for polls? Just a thought.
  • botonox03botonox03 Posts: 29
    It would be nice to see a section similar to the weekly arena updates where you have a "featured Champion" PDF page that give a full bio of all of the champions, their abilities, the buffs/debuffs they can apply (as well as detailing what those buffs do), and their synergies. I know there have been these posted when there are "champion spotlights" but it would be nice if these were in a designated section on the forums. Either that, or create an updated PDF file that players can download to have on their own personal devices.
    @RagamugginGunner and @phillgreen I would love to understand how having that button would be used in your posting flow. Could you elaborate?

It would help me know which of the similar threads about particular topics I have posted in and make it easier to find them.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    delete comment button next to the edit button.
  • edited December 2018
    Thanks everyone! Keep the suggestions coming.

@caligarelinquo - Thanks! Great to be here, added Poll Category to list.
    @Hamin - We'll be working on navigation and the responsive design for viewing on mobile. UP/Down voting added.
    @botonox03 Added to the list
    @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE We're looking into fixing the mobile site and ... Oh my....
    @PlagueisBane While in a perfect world we could add the delete, but we've found that some people use it to hide bad behaviour.

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Another change I would like to see would to do something with the points. When I look at my profile, it tells me I have a bunch of points. I would like for either the points to be tossed, or for them to mean something.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited December 2018
    Thanks everyone! Keep the suggestions coming.

@caligarelinquo - Thanks! Great to be here, added Poll Category to list.
    @Hamin - We'll be working on navigation and the responsive design for viewing on mobile. UP/Down voting added.
    @botonox03 Added to the list
    @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE We're looking into fixing the mobile site and ... Oh my....
    @PlagueisBane While in a perfect world we could add the delete, but we've found that some people use it to hide bad behaviour.

@ kabam Kaylee, please elaborate on what you mean by folks using it to hide bad behaviour.

my reason for suggesting the delete comment button is because I was called out by one of the mods, who shall remain nameless, for posting one of my comments twice. In my case, the first time I posted my comment, nothing appeared, so I posted it a second time, again nothing appeared but I did get a pop up saying comment removed for review. I logged out of the forums after that.

I logged in a few hours later only to see a private message from the mod regarding the rules, apparently the comments I made were posted twice, now if there was a delete comment button, I certainly would have deleted the re-posted comment.

I don't appreciate being called out for the inefficiencies of your forums.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

I'm just going to go ahead and ignore that first comment ;).

RE: Spam button on tablet, what kind of tablet and can you post a screen grab so I can see whether what version of the site you've got access to?

RE: Additional access to Devs. We're actively discussing how best to execute that in 2019.
    Sorry I misread the original post and thought it was in game fixes
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Adding on what I wrote, it would be much appreciated if other mods moderated the forum like Vydious, Zibiit, Lyra and now (gasp), even Miike. They don't mod just to mod. They actually use consideration and context and empathy when they do.

Props to these guys. As a former forum admin and moderator of a large forum myself, I know the stress and frustration it can create. They do it with grace and respect, and I wish newer mods would pay attention to how they conduct business.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    Oh, and maybe add a dislike button? That way people will stop abusing the flags.

Yes, yes, yes, 100% agree. We have 5 ways to basically say that we "Like" a post but zero ways to say that we disagree with a post, other than to just not add a reaction at all. Why do we even need Agree, Insightful and Awesome? Is it really meaningful to anyone that someone gave their post an "awesome" instead of merely a "like"? If someone only "agrees" with a post does that mean that they don't "like" it also, since they can only pick one?

Anyway my point is, being able to only post 5 different virtually identical positive reactions but zero different negative reactions is about the same as not being able to post any reactions at all.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Note that I haven't read EVERY SINGLE post in this thread, so yeah sorry if I'm putting up an idea that's already been put down... but here we go...
    • Removal of 15 minute limit on editing posts. why the heck is that even there in the first place?
    • Ability to delete your own posts, or at least a button to request that the thread be deleted by the mods. If it is the former, mods are still able to see this for a period of time, noting that it has been deleted.
    • Hiding forum posts or comments. This allows others to still see the post; it's just not visible to you personally.
    • More react options. Right now it's either say how much you love their idea or nothing. And as I've seen above, people are saying that the Flag button is being misused as a result, so buttons like (and note that these wouldn't be the names, just the idea they're expressing) 'personally disagree but I understand what you're getting at', 'I don't understand what you're saying/why you think that; please elaborate' and 'I don't think that's relevant to the thread' would be useful.

I would love to be able to expand this post in the future, but yeah 15 minute limit on editing yay ( /s )
    Something else that would be really cool is if some of the external resources that are really helpful are actually made part of the forums.

There are multiple subscriptions to third party information channels full of info that really should be created and supported here. I wouldn't ask for everything that is available but even simple stuff like synergy charts, skill matrices (where i can look for champs with certain abilities) and numerous other random things that I can't get unless I subscribe to someone else's channel etc when that information should be here on the official forum.

Every champion spotlight in one subforum, if a champ is changed I would like the original info preserved with subsequent changes listed thereafter.
  • Carlos2504Carlos2504 Posts: 37
    Recruitment page

Seperate into advertising your alliance to find new recruits.

And advertising your account to find a new alliance.

This will help either a player looking for an ally/a leadership team searching for a new member by not having to scroll through posts irrelevant to them
    Make the forum name the same as everyone's IGN. Would greatly reduce the trolling.
  • @Maldroit2 - Added points to the list
    @Hamin - Thanks for your feedback on the Moderation
    @AxeCopFire - Added
    @Mathking13 - Added
    @phillgreen - Added and we agree, PM me some of your favourites!
    @Carlos2504 - Added
This discussion has been closed.