Speed Variations and AI Reaction Times

245

Comments

  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    i want to think this is not done on purpose, but these problems seem to get worse from patch to patch, and the radio silence for the most part is killer... i never spent so much time in a forum like in this game its nuts the constant problems this game has.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    Not even going to get into Chilled. I spent $35 taking down a 30k KM because of the same difference in speed. Lol. Whiff, whiff, whiff.
    Spending the money was my choice obviously. I didn't want to lose the Entry. I spent $35 for 2k T2A Frags. Lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I'm not suggesting they're installing obstacles that bypass our capabilities. Again, that conspiracy is not what I'm here for. I think we all know that's not my belief. Lol. I'm looking to other causes.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    tried and wasted 2 tries in epic of chilled, at this point i just dont even care, at the rate this is going im taking the joke of someone i saw around in this forum, the game wont make it to 5 years ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    I'm not running Epic unless Hood comes up. He's more manageable. Cable with that Degen Heavy, and Stun Immune Rhino is a pain enough as it is, let alone that high. NC can fly a kite.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    in contrast the master is way to easy lol takes 1 hero to win the run, epic takes all and not win it ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    Wouldn't be so bad if their moves were gaugeable. Instead, they pick their own speed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    EndymioN wrote: »
    in contrast the master is way to easy lol takes 1 hero to win the run, epic takes all and not win it ...

    Yeah, don't get me wrong. They're not THAT terrible. I made it past Cable, Rhino, and KM. Cost me too much because of the speed difference, and the RNG Gods weren't kind enough to feel worth it. Lol. I never did like NC.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    35 bucks for 1k t2a shards....yeeesh
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    Sort of. Lol. 35 bucks because I wasn't going to back out and lose the Entry.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,916 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom can you post a video? I don't doubt what you are saying in any way. Just curious to see what you are up against. Also you love the game enough that you might want to consider an iPhone.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 226
    doesn't challenge rating have something to do with it?, higher the challenge rating the more aggressive AI is , the UC quests which have 6* AI's @ R5 im presuming all have higher challenge ratings than 120.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Wait a sec. Is Grounded slowly awakening to the realities of Kabam ?
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I just did 2 runs on the chilled challenges. First time Cable, fine, I oneshot him with Sentinel.

    Second time I get Killmonger. I have Blade, Spark, GR, Sentinel and Rulk with me. I fought this killmonger 6x already, 6x oneshot with Blade. But now I could not defend. He was moving at such high speed that I couldn't dash out from the heavy and all my intercepts were intercepted. I oneshot AW bosses with my eyes closed, wth is up with this?
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    I just did 2 runs on the chilled challenges. First time Cable, fine, I oneshot him with Sentinel.

    Second time I get Killmonger. I have Blade, Spark, GR, Sentinel and Rulk with me. I fought this killmonger 6x already, 6x oneshot with Blade. But now I could not defend. He was moving at such high speed that I couldn't dash out from the heavy and all my intercepts were intercepted. I oneshot AW bosses with my eyes closed, wth is up with this?

    This game now feels as if they introduced a new level of rng, from time to time more often now you just get a fight with a npc in overdrive intercepts everything and moves in uncanny speeds.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2018
    I've seen some weird AI reaction speed, but my biggest problems are:

    -AI instant heavy attack (AI using their heavy attack and these instantly hit without room for me to react).
    -AI heavy attack distance (I''ve seen AI heavy attacks covering more distance than they should at times).
    It's not thay are that frequent but pretty much annoying when they happen.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Well I think the change in variations is a good thing. Makes it fresh each quest. In uncollected they play passive, in masters aggressive. If it was the same AI what would be the challenge.

    The mix up is a welcomed change of pace. You just have to learn to adapt. Maybe try different champs if you feel your parry timing is off.

    I will agree the use of a heavy right off the bat is a little bit much. But this game is all about adjusting to what Kabam gives you.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 410 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom ,

    Has it happen to you that you have 1 or 2 bars of power and when you touch the sp attack button, the ai fires off the special before you? This has been annoying me for a while. Just curious if it happens to others.

    Good post btw.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    IsItthough wrote: »
    Well I think the change in variations is a good thing. Makes it fresh each quest. In uncollected they play passive, in masters aggressive. If it was the same AI what would be the challenge.

    The mix up is a welcomed change of pace. You just have to learn to adapt. Maybe try different champs if you feel your parry timing is off.

    I will agree the use of a heavy right off the bat is a little bit much. But this game is all about adjusting to what Kabam gives you.

    You clearly have no idea what we are talking about. We aren't talking about different AI levels, I agree, we should adapt. What we are talking about is performance issues. One fight can be smooth while another lags. It feels as if the screen has a gelpack on it.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    IsItthough wrote: »
    Well I think the change in variations is a good thing. Makes it fresh each quest. In uncollected they play passive, in masters aggressive. If it was the same AI what would be the challenge.

    The mix up is a welcomed change of pace. You just have to learn to adapt. Maybe try different champs if you feel your parry timing is off.

    I will agree the use of a heavy right off the bat is a little bit much. But this game is all about adjusting to what Kabam gives you.

    You clearly have no idea what we are talking about. We aren't talking about different AI levels, I agree, we should adapt. What we are talking about is performance issues. One fight can be smooth while another lags. It feels as if the screen has a gelpack on it.

    Well if it’s performance issues than I would suggest clearing space on your device. Anytime I would experience sluggish reaction while fighting I could tell I had less than 10gb free on my phone. The animations and graphics require a lot to run and like any device it can be sluggish when low on memory. Clear your cache, delete photos and close any other apps. All these things will improve performance if an upgrade is not possible. Kabam has to keep pushing to stay up to date with technology.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    IsItthough wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    IsItthough wrote: »
    Well I think the change in variations is a good thing. Makes it fresh each quest. In uncollected they play passive, in masters aggressive. If it was the same AI what would be the challenge.

    The mix up is a welcomed change of pace. You just have to learn to adapt. Maybe try different champs if you feel your parry timing is off.

    I will agree the use of a heavy right off the bat is a little bit much. But this game is all about adjusting to what Kabam gives you.

    You clearly have no idea what we are talking about. We aren't talking about different AI levels, I agree, we should adapt. What we are talking about is performance issues. One fight can be smooth while another lags. It feels as if the screen has a gelpack on it.

    Well if it’s performance issues than I would suggest clearing space on your device. Anytime I would experience sluggish reaction while fighting I could tell I had less than 10gb free on my phone. The animations and graphics require a lot to run and like any device it can be sluggish when low on memory. Clear your cache, delete photos and close any other apps. All these things will improve performance if an upgrade is not possible. Kabam has to keep pushing to stay up to date with technology.

    Thanks for the advice, but I am pretty sure we tried all of this.

    And while KABAM is pushing to keep up with technology, they should focus on a game that runs smoothly on devices that are most commonly used rather go do far that it is lagfree on premium devices.

    That being said, I don't mind them creating heavy content, but it's too much if 6m old phones can't run the game smoothly. Maybe KABAM can make high/low settings? Reduce texture quality and flame+glow effects for those who can't buy an 1100 dollar phone every 6 months.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.
  • Well, there are some things that you just can’t do.

    For example, the UC Electra has her special one, which, more times than not, even if you fully evade it, can’t be punished. Same as imiw special 1. You will get smacked every single time.

    Now, the dashing back issue, I agree, is a little more shady. Champs like venom, km, etc. will keep chasing you after you evade the first medium. This is where the lag comes in. If you’re device can’t go fast enough to evade the second and third hits, you get hit. Plain and simple.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    edited December 2018
    im glad GW has a problem with this cause then its gotta be legit as hes the most vocal here so glad he brought this up.
    but for theres definitely a change in AI reactions to our attacks , when we dash in and when we launch specials with every major release of the game.
    Does anyone else agree?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,386 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Okay, sure. Lol. Countless people are reporting the same issues, and it's just skill. Nice try.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Okay, sure. Lol. Countless people are reporting the same issues, and it's just skill. Nice try.

    Record your game play and post it then. We play the same game, I even played on an ancient device. You might not want to hear it but it's most likely muscle memory, every new event the bosses seem faster because you aren't used to fighting them not because they are faster. And there aren't countless theres like 5 people that responded. Probably none in master tier alliances or even plat2.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    lol holy (...), yes the 100+ statements from the player base is not enough to this hero, go brag somewhere else and leave the conversation to the adults please.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.
Sign In or Register to comment.