**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost nerf

Comments

• Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Damage should be toned down a notch

I was a huge DOMINO fan, especially with her crit bleeds that could rip through content easily. Bleed immunes? Rulk synergy handled that and her damage was still worth and better than blade's VS bleed immunes.

A few weeks back I got Ghost and although I didn't like her at first, I wanted a challenge. I learnt how to play her which wasn't too hard. I have her now at R4 and i am the boss killer in Gold 1 alliance. I will be taking her to R5 soon after which Im sure I wont even need to boost for boss fights as R5's base attack with suicides will be same as R4's with suicides and 20% boost. Having said that, I also enter The Maze and managed to get an initial clear fairly easily. The Champion was toughest fight but everything else (mainly mutant champ path) was quite easy.

I will say this after using her for about 6 weeks, Ghost is OP. But that comes at a cost. is that cost high? Yes and No.

If you grind arena and earn about 1.2k+ units per week, switching Ghost between def/off costs about 60 units a war at max.

Her playstyle is unique but not impossible to master. Forget about people who say she is extremely hard to play or once u get used to her u wont be able to play other champs. I call that BS as I can play Ghost and my R4 SL/Rulk good enough to clear content

She has low block prof and her HP pool isnt the highest. It is around Sparky's if I am not wrong and both sparky + ghost have some utility to reduce incoming damage (dupe on sparky below 50% or phase from ghost)

Now does she need a nerf? I don't think so. Some champs are built for burst damage while others are built for long rampup.

Corvus is a champ that has burst damage. If you get 4 charges, boost 20% with 5/65 Corvus and go against 350k boss, you can finish the fight in same time as Ghost

If you build up Void to 2x FoTV (sig 200) you can finish the fight in under 3 mins and barely lose any HP due to his KM synergy

There are trade-offs for both champions but that doesn't mean one is stronger than other. Ghost has the utility to tank specials and avoid ANY damage while phasing, but thats at the cost of team spots. Sparky can taunt and doesn't need blade or miles to make him 'God' tier. But Ghost without her Hood and Wasp synergy is more or less good champion, not bad not best but good and I would take blade over ghost if its a 1v1 match (hence the NYCC 2018 contest)

Lastly, if you think Ghost is OP because she can clear LoL easily and extremely fast, that's a wrong statement as well because LoL was made when reaching rank 5 of 5* was impossible. Therefore comparing Ghost to that is not correct. You can compare Ghost's uses to variant and it shows clearly that without wasp's synergy, you need to have better skills to land SP2.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Should it be given to King Groot?

No it should be given to omega red so he can do some end game content 😉

but6kwh7i8v2.gif
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    There's nothing difficult in using ghost lol
    Stack cruelty buffs (use sp3 to make them permanent which is a good option) use a heavy to gain as much fury as you can
    Wait for opponent to attack you, dash back and use an sp2 (unblockable with wasp synergy which is the only synergy you will actually need)
    What's difficult there lol
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Should it be given to King Groot?

No it should be given to omega red so he can do some end game content 😉

You are either being sarcastic... or you know absolutely nothing about Omega Red.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    You could say the same thing about Emma.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    I mean in all honesty here. U talk about ghost that required synergy and finesse to use.. Emma hits just as hard.. Requires no synergy.. And is far more immune than ghost in phase. And she only requires parry, tap tap. Parry tap tap parry tap tap evade l1 parry tap tap l2 game over. So get over your obsession with ghost because there are a few out there that r far better
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've been opposed to every nerf post I can think of. But I'm kind of warming up to them lol. The outrage is fun... I'd probably feel differently if I had pulled her from the featured crystal instead of Red Skull and Howard the duck.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    She has a very high difficulty of play. To use her effectively is very hard. I pulled a 5* ghost about a month or so ago. Took her to rank 2. Been practicing with her over and over trying to get the style down. And honestly idk if I will rank her higher. The play style just doesn’t really work for me. I think her damage output is quite on par with her required skill level. Much different than a Corvus who is basically straight forward. And the damage level is similar.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Ghost doesn't need a nerf. Right now, nobody needs a nerf. You can't play ghost like you play blade, or corvus, or stark spidey. This isn't like the pre 12.0 days where 3 champs were literally unstoppable against everything.
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    edited December 2018
    Okay I can safely say that this post is over with. Yes she can be overpowered at times but I guess she requires some amount of skill to be used. She is still very close to 12.0 sw but without the heal or stun
    To technically nerf ghost would be to release a 5* SW and 6* blade and such. We just need more reworks for older champs because it feels like the new champs are op compared to them. Few knew about ghost before 2018 yet magneto should have her damage output/tankiness
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Why is this still running? I thought we disclosed that this was a pointless and never ending thread?
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    I've been opposed to every nerf post I can think of. But I'm kind of warming up to them lol. The outrage is fun... I'd probably feel differently if I had pulled her from the featured crystal instead of Red Skull and Howard the duck.
    A moment of silence for this man’s luck
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Clearly this is someone who just watched PandamnPete and thought “wow that is easy” ... u have no idea how Ghost works!
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    If anyone queries whether this guy knows what he is talking about or not go to the second page and read how ignorant he is of the limitations of Blade, Domino and CG. Ghost doesn't need a nerf and requires sacrificing spots for synergies to be fantastic with a competent summoner, this is all seems like a post from someone who is unhappy that he ranked up his 4* Ghost and can't play her anywhere near as well as others.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    Savage_ wrote: »
    By the way, owner of a 5/50 ghost yet refuse to play with her until she gets a proper nerf to make her balanced.

Yeah I won't drive the Viper I have sitting in my garage until somebody replaces the engine with a Corolla. Then it would be fair for other drivers.
  • Savage_ wrote: »
    Lol... Blade needs a synergy to do increased 100% damage to villains, mystics, and interdimensional beings and relies non bleed immune champs. Same goes for Domino most of the time unless you use her incinerate synergy. Corvus needs to have suicides or else he will run out of charges. Cap IW relies on 1 single crit. Ghost can kill any champion and any node in the game.

Firstly she DOES NOT need a nerf. She's very difficult to play. As other folks have mentioned before, the imbalance being caused by Champions such as Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange and Thor pre 12.0 resulted in a full nerf. You could literally, by themselves, face-roll a lot of content without much skill. If you know how to simply parry, especially with SW, you can beat a lot of content available at the time. It was the main reason youtubers such as Seatin always recommended her.

Ghost, on the other hand, requires skill, some mastery changes, and especially synergies to use her at her full potential (hence the damage you see in videos such as PandamanPete's).

Ghost needs Wasp synergy to make specials unblockable while phasing. The AIs in the game have become difficult to deal with over the years so a lot of the time most opportunities to use specials is when the AI is blocking, hence you need this in order to time the special right which will result in the critical hits you see in other folk's videos.

Ghost needs the Hood in order to not take damage whilst phasing (for 2 seconds). The Hood is needed so you don't take damage from sp3 or recoil. She's not immune to degen as it's a passive not a debuff. If you have The Hood, she will only not take damage from it for 2 seconds, after which it would continue to reduce her health.

There's also the synergy with Ant-man to pull off additional damage. Furthermore, you require suicide masteries to even pull off the kind of damage you see in game. You generally shouldn't be running suicides especially in AW as that affects your attackers and defenders.

So you see, the caveats in synergy is one of the reasons why she's not receiving as much recommendation for many content as other champions. Most champions have 80%, 90% or full potential by themselves, or just 1 synergy to pull all the amazing feats in game.

lol if you think Ghost goes well on ANY node, then you haven't seen her used on nodes that counters her damage :D:D:D

Rage - It caps her crits to 2.5% of a champion's health (which is usually equivalent to the damage dealt using a light or medium attack). The opponent gains a fury every time that cap is reached. At 5 charges, all of the opponent's attacks become unblockable. Assuming you know how to intercept every time and not take block damage, her crits are still capped at normal light or medium attack level of damage.

Spite - though this varies. She frequently receives Cruelty Buffs, and even Fury depending on playstyle. With Spite the opponent receives power gain and ublockable special attacks. If you aren't skilled enough to counter this, then this node will obviously be difficult for you even if you have Ghost.

Buffet - same reason with buffs. Opponents just constantly regen due to her frequent Cruelty Buff gain. If you fight someone like a maxed out duped Sabretooth, you may have a difficult time. I've seen one regen all of the large critical damage Ghost was dealing within seconds for the entirety of the fight, resulting in a timeout.

The variety of conditions required to reach optimal levels of potential for her is the predominant reason why she's balanced and therefore does not need a nerf. Blade is still very useful on nodes that he's able to use radar sense on despite being bleed immune. Ghost does not have an ability accuracy reduction, which is useful for most content nowadays. She has more or the same caveats for those champions you described.
  • To add to that, anyone that reduces her ability accuracy can affect her ability to phase. Champions such as Magneto and Domino can prevent her from phasing.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    No hero in this game will ever be as great as sw was if she was still the same she would still be above god tiers above those god tier so no nerfs win the champions instead of complaining about them. Game is already messed up enough without nerfing more champions
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Nerf her.. I can post 20 vids of using her that ppl could not complain when or if she gets nerfed. She obviously is too powerful... people say she needs synergy to be good... whooopity doo, that’s one spot on your team to make her the most op champ in the game. She 100% needs a nerf, and your either blind/too dumb to see.. or have her and know it’s your only way to make yourself competitive
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    Nerf her.. I can post 20 vids of using her that ppl could not complain when or if she gets nerfed. She obviously is too powerful... people say she needs synergy to be good... whooopity doo, that’s one spot on your team to make her the most op champ in the game. She 100% needs a nerf, and your either blind/too dumb to see.. or have her and know it’s your only way to make yourself competitive

So you are mad you don't have her aren't you?
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    And for those who say all the great champions need nerf and who cares about the people who spend well if they didn't spend then where do u think this game would be today. It would not be they help pay for the developers to bring more content for the game for people to play. So without paying customers this game would not last very long or be where it is today. And im a 838k player who plays and does spend some and i don't have all the god tiers but i would like to but that is how it is but i will never call for nerfing a champion ever in this game because some content in this game is even hard for the god tier champions. So no i do not agree with anyone who wants to nerf champs not ever.
  • Cranmer00 wrote: »

You're asking for a nerf because Kabam refused to give out any rank down tickets this year :D:D

No, arguments regarding whether she should be nerfed or not has got nothing to do with one's sight or intelligence.

Sure, I have her as a 5/65 however I don't always use her. She's not ideal for every AW depending on your path and the variety of enemies you face. Also it's not "people say she needs synergy to be good", it's "need synergy to be useful". People are easily awestruck by her feats yet don't understand every nook and cranny required to even do it in the first place. If you do, you'd understand she should not be nerfed.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Instead of asking for nerfs on good champs, try asking for buffs on crappy champs like Colossus or Spider Gwenn.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Instead of asking for nerfs on good champs, try asking for buffs on crappy champs like Colossus or Spider Gwenn.

SpiderGwen needs NERF! She is bugged with suicides. I user her for arena and everytime I do SP1 she TAKES DAMAGE instead of inflicting. NERF SPIDERGWEN!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam makes champs in 2018 too overpowered. Expect 2019 champs even more overpowered to make Alliance war a living nightmare.

To stay on topic. Ghost damage must be tone down a little. I agree with all the champs damage tone down. I would agree to limit damage on all champs to 75,000 on a 5 hit combo.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    put a champ in my hand if i feel like using that champ i'll make that champs look OP
This discussion has been closed.