**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam.. Help Me Out

Ive been stuck on Uncollected Thorns for a week now and im all out of ideas. Maybe you guys can offer some tips.What do you guys suggest against Thorns Nodes? What Champs do you suggest? What methods? Just a little insight would be much appreciated

Comments

• NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Posts: 99
    Use champs either with good regen, damage over time effects, non impact attakcs, or high burst on low hits. Great champs to use are Wolverine, Archangel and X-23. Captain America IW can also be great if you parry, heavy, and repeat until you can SP2. Iron Man IW is also great since his repulsor hits don't make contact and he has multiple DOT abilities. Corvus is great if you spam medium medium. Domino is also a fair choice if you make use of her gun. Quake is a god tier for this node so long as she isn't too underpowered an you're good enough with her playstyle. Blade, Crossbones, or a max sig Black Widow is a great option since their ability accuracy reduction also applies to Thorns. And if you have Hyperion, just spam SP1 and Cosmic heal, and win the game. Or just whale out, whatever works.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Champs that rely on Damage Over time effects, like bleeds and so (gwenpool, blade)
    Champs with high damage output in a single hit (Corvus for example. Less hits = less times you'll take thorns damage).
    Champions with high physical resistance to reduce thorns damage.
    Champions that place a weakness on the opponent and reduce the thorns damage (Cap IW synergy with science champions)
    Champions that can lower deffensive ability accuracy.
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    Sparky: Heavy only on stuns
    Black widow: High sig
    Quake: if you have mastered her fighting style
    AA: Duped is a big bonus....stack neuros
    Blade: with danger sense active
    Void: Minimal hits, stack debuffs, duped helps
    Hyp: sit back and spam l1s, fights are lengthy
    Crossbones: Stack at least 3 furies before hitting
    Voodoo: Regen and neurotoxin
    Magik: Awakened, high sig+ MD, Parry till you get one bar of power then hit when limbo is active
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Quake for me is bugged cant use her
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Crossbones.
    Blades danger sense for quite a few fights.
    Also max pacify and max stun duration helps a LOT
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Im not wasting resources on this.. its like im at the point where i say forget it. In its entirety...all of these crazy hard quests with minimal rewards. The insane OP Bosses like Darkhawk...im losing interest slowly but surely
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    I did it with no revives parry heavy with domino rulk synergy
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    Im not wasting resources on this.. its like im at the point where i say forget it. In its entirety...all of these crazy hard quests with minimal rewards. The insane OP Bosses like Darkhawk...im losing interest slowly but surely

A certain segment of the player community gets tired of the monotonous grind every so often. Kabam knows this and this is where the casual spender gets weeded out from the whales.

If you want to continue you gotta move from being a causal spender (dolphin) or F2P into being a shark.

(Don’t whale on your own money 2yrs ago ppl were spending thousands of dollars on top 4* champs, which are almost worthless now, same will be true of 5* in about a year or so)

Sharpen your knowledge of the game and know every move the computer AI will do before it does it. Know which champs to bring to which nodes, be able to beat the content with 3* Champs then post vids. Not everyone has the time to do this Kabam knows this too so they don’t have to recode the AI for all of their champs.

Or stop playing competitively or just quit.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Well what i did was i split the paths in 2 , i fought 3 and took the arc overload path and then arc overload and fought last 3 , i used 1 team revive for the last 3 (modok , morningstar and can't remember) , i used Taskmaster and thor to do hard damage ( Taskmaster for AAR)
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    Do 3 Thorn fights and switch to arc 2.0. Use Domino/Yondu BW/GP any hero who reduces ability can do it. Just don’t take a lot of block damage or actual hits.

I had issues with Darkhawk first two weeks, but since they fixed the interaction issues I completed it no problem. I used GP/IMIW/Domino for first half thorns lane, then Magik/Magik/Domino for last three fights. I suggest you farm heals from RoL which is quick and easy and then keep calm and play on.

Stay out of the Maze though... that’s a item eater compared to UC EQ.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Domino medium then heavy with rulk synergy.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    In addition to some of the champs that have already been mentioned, I would also advise splitting the path in half. Do the first three fights, then you come to a crossroads. I would take the right path, which is Arc overload (I think) and a much easier way to finish the path. Then, next time, start on the Arc overload side, and take the back 3 thorn fights after the crossroads. That way, you don't have to deal with all the fights at once. It's a tough path! That's what I chose to do.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    For me darkhawk famous cant swipe or evade bug is still in effect and its funny that androids have it yet none on ios
  • JDunk2291 wrote: »
    Ive been stuck on Uncollected Thorns for a week now and im all out of ideas. Maybe you guys can offer some tips.What do you guys suggest against Thorns Nodes? What Champs do you suggest? What methods? Just a little insight would be much appreciated

I ended up using Void most of the time, but I did also try it with Blade; Void was faster for me. In both cases the key was the fact that you take thorns damage when you make contact by landing an attack, but blocked attacks don't generate thorns damage and when you block them it also doesn't generate thorns damage. So the strategy with Void was block them, and attack into block to push them back away from the wall, and let the debuffs kill them. When I had enough energy I would launch an SP1 or SP2 to speed things up a bit: you take a little thorns damage but not much. With Blade, you block them to deal Blade's bleed damage and you use SP1 when you have the energy which also takes a little thorns but not much, and Blade can regen that back. Warning: never use SP2 with Blade. Too much contact, too much thorns damage at the beginning of the attack.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Thanx for the tips everyone...this post was really to see if any of Team KABAM would give their insight or champ suggestions for the OP Path but im guessing they dont even know how to deal with the monster path "They Created". Lol
  • JheMac98JheMac98 Posts: 8
    Actually KABAM know how to handle Thorns. They have tested it before they have it released. They just don't want to share how, it's something like "it's US to discover" how it's done. Everyone has it's own insight on how to deal Thorns, don't expect Kabam will tell you what to do. .It's all with US players. I'm glad everyone here is willing to help each other.