**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

THIS IS WHY HYPERION NEEDS A NERF

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Can we please stop with the Nerf Threads? Lord almighty.

I've made many threads on buffing many weaker champs but HYPERION was a mistake!

That's the contradiction. In one thought you want many Champs buffed. In the same breath you want them nerfed. Some Champs are tougher to some people than others. That's what makes the game a challenge.

It's not an issue of contradiction it's a justification of Balance! A LOT of champs are nearly impossible to use seriously which dilutes the pool of champions that even get used... Hyperion meanwhile is literally the GOD of GODS

The game will never have Champs that are interchangeable 100%, and equally powerful in all areas. That's not balance. That's equilibrium. Hyperion is not insurmountable. Power Control, Nullify, Counterspell,...there are ways around it. Champs have strengths and weaknesses. It's also not reasonable to assume we will never get KO'd. We will fail sometimes. That doesn't mean there is a problem with the design. It means we need a different strategy. Making all Champs equal and interchangeable will take all interest out of the game completely.

I'm not THAT level of balance but come ON! Hyperion is the literal epitome of the worse idea Kabam has EVER had including v12
    Hazem wrote: »
    NAH NA NO! His AI will allow you to Heavy or Parry-Heavy

HYPE isn't even possible most of the time

Exactly, he'll do heavy attacks if u block! So if u don't block he won't do heavy attacks

I was talking about MORDO allowing me to do Heavies! Mordo can be countered easy cause once you get a Heavy off his AI changes to deal with the fact he will die if doesn't change

Hyperion just stands there! When he makes you think you can land a Heavy he'll make you pay with blood!

I never do a heavy to hyperion..[/quote]

Not the point… Hyperion is the only PURELY BS champ cause even Mordo has counter play for anyone who notices
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    @Mr_Otter U r noobs cuz u can't fight hype, usually when i fight hype in aw, he gets rekt

Good for you you get lucky with the AI! Meanwhile I'm stuck with the OTHER AI!

I'm telling you he's got some sort of D.I.D. that makes him easy for some and impossible for others

There's never something called u get an easy AI and hard one, in AW...all AIs fight the same in the same quest...means hype AI fights the same in all AWs...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I've made many threads on buffing many weaker champs but HYPERION was a mistake!

That's the contradiction. In one thought you want many Champs buffed. In the same breath you want them nerfed. Some Champs are tougher to some people than others. That's what makes the game a challenge.

It's not an issue of contradiction it's a justification of Balance! A LOT of champs are nearly impossible to use seriously which dilutes the pool of champions that even get used... Hyperion meanwhile is literally the GOD of GODS

The game will never have Champs that are interchangeable 100%, and equally powerful in all areas. That's not balance. That's equilibrium. Hyperion is not insurmountable. Power Control, Nullify, Counterspell,...there are ways around it. Champs have strengths and weaknesses. It's also not reasonable to assume we will never get KO'd. We will fail sometimes. That doesn't mean there is a problem with the design. It means we need a different strategy. Making all Champs equal and interchangeable will take all interest out of the game completely.

I'm not THAT level of balance but come ON! Hyperion is the literal epitome of the worse idea Kabam has EVER had including v12

He's a great Champ and he takes a certain amount of skill and preparation to beat successfully.
    @Mr_Otter U r noobs cuz u can't fight hype, usually when i fight hype in aw, he gets rekt

Good for you you get lucky with the AI! Meanwhile I'm stuck with the OTHER AI!

I'm telling you he's got some sort of D.I.D. that makes him easy for some and impossible for others

There's never something called u get an easy AI and hard one, in AW...all AIs fight the same in the same quest...means hype AI fights the same in all AWs...

No… Hyperion definitely plays different in different areas! His AI occasionally baits but mostly laughs

Exactly, he'll do heavy attacks if u block! So if u don't block he won't do heavy attacks

I was talking about MORDO allowing me to do Heavies! Mordo can be countered easy cause once you get a Heavy off his AI changes to deal with the fact he will die if doesn't change

Hyperion just stands there! When he makes you think you can land a Heavy he'll make you pay with blood!

I never do a heavy to hyperion..

Not the point… Hyperion is the only PURELY BS champ cause even Mordo has counter play for anyone who notices[/quote]

Dude, the best way to make hype do specials is no blocking, leave ur champion open all the fight, count on dexterity...he'll be a piece of cake

He's a great Champ and he takes a certain amount of skill and preparation to beat successfully.

THEN MAKE WAR SEEABLE! I can prepare for seemingly any foe IF I know where and when I'll fight them! That's how people beat RttL, LOL, Act5… but taking all the possibilities into account is an actual impossibility
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

... The definition of equilibrium is basically "when things are balanced"... they are synonyms dude.

That being said, Hyperion is strong and hard to deal with, more than a normal champ, but he doesn't need a nerf, perfect balance/"equilibrium" is... well, boring. Some champs will always be harder to deal with than others, always.

Not the point… Hyperion is the only PURELY BS champ cause even Mordo has counter play for anyone who notices

Dude, the best way to make hype do specials is no blocking, leave ur champion open all the fight, count on dexterity...he'll be a piece of cake[/quote]

DER… THE THOUGHT NEVER OCCURED TO ME!

You really think I block Hype? I baited my way through RttL and 5.1 no problems! I do that to Magiks in 5.2 and YJ and Spidermen on Unblockable L1

But HYPE? He rarely baits

... The definition of equilibrium is basically "when things are balanced"... they are synonyms dude.

That being said, Hyperion is strong and hard to deal with, more than a normal champ, but he doesn't need a nerf, perfect balance/"equilibrium" is... well, boring. Some champs will always be harder to deal with than others, always.

You know what go fight the collector if you wanna basically have a 100% MAX CHALLENGE all the time… that's a hard to deal with fight

Hyperion is just dirty
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    You sound mad

Dude, the best way to make hype do specials is no blocking, leave ur champion open all the fight, count on dexterity...he'll be a piece of cake

DER… THE THOUGHT NEVER OCCURED TO ME!

You really think I block Hype? I baited my way through RttL and 5.1 no problems! I do that to Magiks in 5.2 and YJ and Spidermen on Unblockable L1

But HYPE? He rarely baits[/quote]

Then u need to practise on him...most players can fight him anywhere with no issue
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

That's not what is referred to when talking about Game Balance. It's not equilibrium. In a game such as this one, there will be a variation in strengths in different areas.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

You know what go fight the collector if you wanna basically have a 100% MAX CHALLENGE all the time… that's a hard to deal with fight

Hyperion is just dirty
    I have fought him, he's not challenging exactly, more on the BS side.

Hyperion however, is challenging, I've died a couple times just trying to bait out his L1/L2, he doesn't like using them all the time when I fight him, doesn't mean he needs a nerf.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    I don't understand you otter u screech for a good 2 weeks how u felt it was illegal for a champ to be changed due to a bug and how mad u were that the champ u invested in got changed yet proceed to make a thread like this one
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Kabam please make all champs strong... hope this helps
  • Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    It's ALLIANCE war. If you can't handle the power gain node, let another member of the squad have that path. Never nerf
    Bigdrail93 wrote: »
    It's ALLIANCE war. If you can't handle the power gain node, let another member of the squad have that path. Never nerf

I can except its HYPE! 100% normally is 5 hits not 3!
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    I don't understand you otter u screech for a good 2 weeks how u felt it was illegal for a champ to be changed due to a bug and how mad u were that the champ u invested in got changed yet proceed to make a thread like this one

Yeah I was furious he was BUGGED! When they finally nerf Hype I'll hope you get compensated!
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    They're not going to nerf him because he doesn't need to be nerfed. That power gain node 43 is almost always magik or Hyperion but even if it isn't you are best off with a power control champion. I've beaten 5* Hyperion on that mode many times with a variety of champs from vision to starlord and even daredevil depending on who I had left to fight .

The fact that you're on here claiming ai conspiracy is proof you simply don't know what you're talking about or you are exceptionally bad at this game. And yes you can be bad at this game and get through 5.1 and road to the labyrinth.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Bigdrail93 wrote: »

I can except its HYPE! 100% normally is 5 hits not 3!

Then obviously you can't, stop crying cos they are not going to nerf Hyperion, he is maps 6 mini boss lol
    I just noticed that Hyperion is only rated 9k. You could probably survive 3 level 3 hits when he's that weak. Are you like tier 5?
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    They're not going to nerf him because he doesn't need to be nerfed. That power gain node 43 is almost always magik or Hyperion but even if it isn't you are best off with a power control champion. I've beaten 5* Hyperion on that mode many times with a variety of champs from vision to starlord and even daredevil depending on who I had left to fight .

The fact that you're on here claiming ai conspiracy is proof you simply don't know what you're talking about or you are exceptionally bad at this game. And yes you can be bad at this game and get through 5.1 and road to the labyrinth.

Many people say he is both Easy and almost impossible to bait though so is it not possible his AI isn't faulty? There are many champs that seemingly have alternate AI like:

•the original champions having the original "hive mind AI" which is an idiot
    •Mordo has the over blocking AI
    •CWBP being overly easy to bait
    •NC dances with his shield so he specifically does his best bit to switch
    •Ultron delaying attacks while processing and repairing to do its best to not get parried
    •Specials being baited differently depending on up close or ranged

Is it not a possibility that Hyperion has a much more random and difficult AI? At the very least his Baiting AI seems off due to the range of his regular attacks especially his heavies
    There is always a degree of random behavior in the ai otherwise you could just memorize a move order for every fight. Even the best of players will sometimes fail to bait a special but Hyperion, when a player knows how to fight him, is manageable even on that node most especially with a power control champ.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Yup, seems like there's 2 different modes to Hype's AI. He either uses his specials with regularity or no matter how hard you bait he stands there with his arms crossed getting to his L3 within seconds.

If you want a quick solution, use SW. Her regular attacks nullify his power gain buff almost instantly.
    There is always a degree of random behavior in the ai otherwise you could just memorize a move order for every fight. Even the best of players will sometimes fail to bait a special but Hyperion, when a player knows how to fight him, is manageable even on that node most especially with a power control champ.

I had Hawkeye…
    So you failed.. that isn't really proof you're right. I just killed a 4* hyperion in t1 war rated over 13k on that same node. He fired lots of specials. Win some lose some.
    So you failed.. that isn't really proof you're right. I just killed a 4* hyperion in t1 war rated over 13k on that same node. He fired lots of specials. Win some lose some.

Which is what I wanted! I want his AINto be more aggressive with specials AT LEAST
  • AtlasAtlas Posts: 34
    "The Hood" ..
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Noobs stop the nerf talk and learn skills you have been told many times already! These nerf topics are getting way old now!
This discussion has been closed.