**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mystery item [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    LMAO, I am dying at the troll job. They got us.
    Boycott though? Under the circumstances they didn't give us the free gift we wanted?

Well it’s more the point after the maze which was **** you think they’d try to do something good
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    It’s literally like Michael Scott is in charge.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's a surprise Gift. The surprise was 5 Gifting Crystals. It's free. Now, people are entitled to their feelings on it, but let's be real here. The real issue is people expected Tickets. By all means, give your feelings on it, but the reality is we're not owed a Login Calendar. It's a bonus for logging on regularly.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    The calendars really took a step back from last year. Oh well 365 days left to see the same rewards next year.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Sheesh, people, it’s a free gift! Be grateful for a change!

Not trying to be the guy that says “settle for less” or anything like that, but they really don’t have to give us anything. And we already have the holiday calendar. We should be happy with what we’ve gotten. After all, it coulda just been a 3*, which is likely to give something less useful than the gifting crystals anyways.
    Oh buddy I would’ve preferred that 3 star or just the regular 40 units that could’ve gotten maybe a lil bump to 50 for Christmas

• Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    You asshats nerfed AA and damn well know it... working as intended two faced liars. Then so it’s in your most profitable interests, you all decide to go against your word and not hand out rdt’s.

Honestly I was ok with that decision because I figured you hand out a rank up gem or something better than this bag of ****. Eat ****, take that to the game team!

Ban me please, honestly forums sucks ass anyways. PS.. Merry Christmas GW, hope you choke on a ****!
  • Kobster84 wrote: »
    Boycott though? Under the circumstances they didn't give us the free gift we wanted?

Well it’s more the point after the maze which was **** you think they’d try to do something good

I don't have high hopes for them, the free gift and the maze rewards were honestly pretty crappy.
    We as a community did hype up this free gift and let our imaginations run wild. That's not their fault, so this doesn't deserve a boycott.
    Trash ass mystery gift though lmao.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »

I don't have high hopes for them, the free gift and the maze rewards were honestly pretty crappy.
    We as a community did hype up this free gift and let our imaginations run wild. That's not their fault, so this doesn't deserve a boycott.
    Trash ass mystery gift though lmao.
    Ye I don’t think it deserves a boycott but it’s just disappointing how kabam thought this would be a good gift
  • Justcause102Justcause102 Posts: 107
    sae6ledfwg5c.png same as last year only difference you made it a mystery 😑
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    All the salt on Christmas Eve. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Be glad they gave you anything, even if it's nothing you need. How many ugly sweaters have you gotten? You ever slap your grandma for it? No, you sucked it up and accepted it with a smile. This is a game, treat it as such. You want better rewards, work for them.
  • zarcorzarcor Posts: 28
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    The calendars really took a step back from last year. Oh well 365 days left to see the same rewards next year.

Or even something worse haha
    Kb2_4 wrote: »
    It's a surprise Gift. The surprise was 5 Gifting Crystals. It's free. Now, people are entitled to their feelings on it, but let's be real here. The real issue is people expected Tickets. By all means, give your feelings on it, but the reality is we're not owed a Login Calendar. It's a bonus for logging on regularly.

Wasnt expecting tickets...wasnt expecting garbage either....this is laughable. Have you beat act5? Lol? Variant? Maze?

I'd like to know what the content I've beaten has anything to do with the Topic.
    It is what it is. Historically, the Mystery Item is not mind-blowing. It's just hidden. It's useful to some. It's been hidden most likely because we've seen it since before the Gifting Event has been announced.
    Honestly, this is a case of expectations getting too far ahead. Something not uncommon around here.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the Calendar. I'm sorry to hear that come of you are disappointed by the Free items in the Calendar that are just part of the regular log in Calendar. This particular spot was hidden not because it's a special gift, but because it would have revealed an event that had not yet been announced.

There is also a separate Log In Calendar that is more closely tied to the Holidays. More importantly, I'm seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Rank Down Tickets from last year, but what I think that most of them are forgetting is that they were not in the Calendar either.

I'll ask the team to keep this in mind for next year and the future.

So you’re saying you couldn’t have, I dunno, revealed it when you revealed the gifting even that caught absolutely nobody by surprise? 🤔

No offense but thats work. Clearly its the holidays so in their defense why would they ruin the holidays for their employees when they could ruin it for the players
    No. It doesn't. It turns a discussion about a Mystery Item into a situation to call someone out on content.
    No one stops to consider the amount of Resources being given overall in both Calendars. They just go off on one day because it's not a 6*. Let's take a step back for a second. A T2A, Entry Tickets into the Chilled, T4CC, GGCs, 3750 Shards, etc. It all adds up. Plus the Items from the Anniversary. Those things add up at one time.
    Of course, no. Christmas is ruined because we got 5 Crystals behind the mystery door.
  • NeurogodNeurogod Posts: 22
    I can only imagine the Secret Santa gift exchange at Kabam headquarters. Hey IT guy - here are some room temperature raw pig brains! Merry Christmas!!!!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    VulcanM wrote: »
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    hear that kabam? the people who didnt read the ingame mail are mad that they got 5 lesser gifting crystals despite being told about it in the mail. cant believe youd pull a fast one on us like that, getting everyones hopes up and then shooting them down.
    When we’re we told about it, do you have a screenshot. Can’t believe myself, my alliance and the community missed it

nah i cant go back to find it. the "read" section was filled with recieved gifts so they deleted some messages automatically.

Convenient, because im looking back at my Alt, and unless they posted it mid november, there aint jack about it.

i know right? super convenient that i cant find it.
    That’s ok I have it for you.
    av3wqsc6g0t4.jpeg

Same gift as last year, btw. There was also a thread on it. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/110001/mail-says-gifting-crystal-on-the-december-calendar#latest

Thanks for the giggle.

@CoatHang3r glad someone else has common sense.

• Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the Calendar. I'm sorry to hear that come of you are disappointed by the Free items in the Calendar that are just part of the regular log in Calendar. This particular spot was hidden not because it's a special gift, but because it would have revealed an event that had not yet been announced.

There is also a separate Log In Calendar that is more closely tied to the Holidays. More importantly, I'm seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Rank Down Tickets from last year, but what I think that most of them are forgetting is that they were not in the Calendar either.

I'll ask the team to keep this in mind for next year and the future.

If that was the case then those items should have been added into the holiday calender as well and not had a mystery item in the regualr monthly calender making it seem like it was going to be a special useful item. Especially making it on the 25th makes it seem like it was going to be something helpful to all levels of players not just those who just started. Whoever made that decision should have their christmas bonus taken away so they know how we feel to be let down for the holidays.
  • Complete disgrace and a spit in the face to players who spend their time and money on a game! Let's give you the most generic Crystal's we can come up with! Completely disgusted with Kabaam
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    What a joke. Theres no reason to hide a reward this crappy. We all knew gifting was coming so any mention of it being hidden is ridiculous. Kabam continues to screw over its user base and expects $$$ in return.

Only way to tell them we are upset is to stop spending. Crappy rewards should equal **** profits.
  • Asto03Asto03 Posts: 36
    Could we at least get the 40 units. for a lot of players the crystals are basically useless.
  • Kabam, is this your true intention on how you feel about the community?
    By pointing a middle finger at us on Christmas day??
    edited December 2018
    Okay, I'm done. It's Christmas Eve, and the level of entitlement is just ruining my night. Have at it.
This discussion has been closed.